The Stuff You've Bought thread (with pictures, ideally)

Started by EOJ, May 15, 2008, 02:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adverse

How's the ping from Hawaii?  Japan->US gets pretty laggy on the 360.  :whyioughtta:

EOJ

It's been alright, a bit of lag here and there but not bad (and I'm on the PS3). They probably only link me up with other USA people.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

GaijinPunch

Latest thing I got was Little Big Planet.  It's fun as it fits perfectly in my fucked up schedule.  A couple of 30 minute sessions a day is quite fun.

gsl

I just got some computer equipment from a friend that's upgraded my PC into something relatively modern: dual-core 2.4ghz Opteron, 2GB RAM, 512MB ATi X1950 graphics card.  I've just been going wild with PC games that I missed out on for either being stuck with my laptop in Japan, having old equipment, or both.  I'm really into STALKER at the moment (and absolutely loving it) and have Fallout 3 and Bioshock waiting on deck.

Quote from: EOJ on December 02, 2008, 04:08:15 AM
I just bought Etrian Odyssey II for the DS brand new for $11.98. It's Amazon.com's deal of the day. Get it while you can (USA customers only).
Worth even the full retail price.

Shalashaska

Downloaded SSFIIT HD Remix and Soldner X off PSN last night. Let me know if any of you wanna play a few matches online. I absolutely loved SFII back in the day but this is the first time I've touched it in probably 10 years or so. Needless to say, I'm a little rusty.  =D

EOJ

Quote from: Shalashaska on December 05, 2008, 09:00:53 PM
I absolutely loved SFII back in the day but this is the first time I've touched it in probably 10 years or so. Needless to say, I'm a little rusty.  =D

Same story with me.  :righton:
My score archive

Joe T.

Lost Odyssey 
Earth Defense Force 2017
Dead Rising
Tales of Vesperia
Fallout 3
Gunspike
Zero Gunner 2 (AGAIN)

Haven't gotten around to playing any of them yet outside of Tales of Vesperia.  Still want to buy an Espgaluda board but I'm just not too interested in paying almost $300 for one.

markedkiller78

Mushi Sama: I?m going to give it another chance.
Batsugun: It?s not as easy as I was expecting.

Resistance 2 on the PS3 is taking up all my time at the mo & otmedius G with the hori stick will be my chrimbo present this year :)

drboom

Quote from: Joe T. on December 07, 2008, 03:47:46 PMStill want to buy an Espgaluda board but I'm just not too interested in paying almost $300 for one.

Is the PS2 port any good? There's s shop by me that actually has one for $55. Thought about it as I owned the board, liked the game, but sold it on. In the same boat on this one - just don't want to spend the cash on the board again.

thamasha69

The PS2 port is about as good as they come.  :)

EOJ

Plus it comes with the awesome Arrange mode. This would let you participate in the current monthly competition here.  :righton:
My score archive

KOMA

An Aero Table for me!My christmas present :righton:

drboom

Quote from: KOMA on December 09, 2008, 02:12:08 PM
An Aero Table for me!My christmas present :righton:

Nice one.

Bought Persona 4 yesterday, played until midnight last night, with a quick game of my latest NES purchase, Bionic Commando, thrown in afterward.

Joe T.

Yes, like everyone else mentioned, the ESPGaluda port is really good.  I'd recommend it.

Also, just got a very nice custom joystick and a hacked and wired xbox 360 pcb to go in it so I can actually enjoy playing shooters on my 360.  The Hori DOA stick I had was a joke.

gsl

Quote from: drboom
Bought Persona 4 yesterday, played until midnight last night, with a quick game of my latest NES purchase, Bionic Commando, thrown in afterward.

How is it?  I had it on preorder at Amazon then cancelled at the last minute in order to make sure I've got family covered for Christmas presents; might pick it up later in the month or next year if it seems to be getting high marks.

drboom

It's completely awesome. I'm a big SMT fan, though I haven't played all of the games, but I did play P3 all the way through and this game takes those mechanics and further refines them. The battle menu is tighter, the animations take just a little less time and the story is fantastic. A solid 10/10.
Beg, borrow or steal to afford it this X-Mas.

drboom

=D =D =D =D
Finally got Rondo of Blood and a PC-Engine Duo-R. Got Valis IV, Gotzendiener and R-Type I as well. Great console - tons of good shooters and platformers for it.

gsl

Beautiful, except for how the HDTV makes oldschool consoles look like shit.  But the design of the Duo-R really stands the test of time--I wish my Supergrafx didn't look so much like an early '90's monstrosity.

It's come out on plenty of other systems since and no doubt in versions closer to the arcade, but I always had a blast with the PCE version of Gradius.  And of course, you with your shiny CD drive can nab Gradius II as well.

Joe T.

Just got Otomedius G for the 360 and Power Stone 1 and 2 for the Dreamcast.

Unfortunately, I managed to fry my Japanese 360 messing around with the pcb on my new arcade stick.  RROD.  :mad:

elf

Another Code.

Though it was rather taking, and not giving back, and ending up selling it since its uncredibly bad.
I never steal games i dont know of, again.
Next time rather rob a bank and BUY some good games.

Geeb

Some DS crapper:

- Picross DS
- Final Fantasy IV
- Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Fun though.

Joe T.

I bought a new cabinet last night.  It's a Super Neo 29 Candy.  I bought it from the original owner so it's basically brand new.  I've never seen a cleaner cabinet anywhere and it was a local guy so I have to say I'm pretty happy with the deal.

drboom

Wow - good work Joe. Now if you need a home for that MMP to help ease the financial burden of buying the cab... =D

KOMA

I've do a lots of works hours last month so....i make myself good! :righton:

-X360 arcade jap
-Raiden IV
-Otomedius
-X360 hack pad
-Cave craps
-Batrider pcb
-Hori stick

EOJ

Shirokishi Monogatari (JP PS3), aka "White Knight Chronicles"

Only played it a bit, but so far it's pretty fun!  :)
My score archive

caincan

one shoot...ing cab :) in the left,  what's left on picture is little part of good friend's toys

http://images.imagup.com/08/1230938034_t2.JPG

Joe T.

Quote from: drboom on January 06, 2009, 04:45:01 PM
Wow - good work Joe. Now if you need a home for that MMP to help ease the financial burden of buying the cab... =D

Haha, well, it looks pretty nice on that new monitor...It would take a lot of persuading to get rid of it.  Although I did finally "cave" in to buying an ESPGaluda board yesterday.  I'm going to be poor for a few weeks.

hermosaguy

Just picked up FF Dissidia...I hope this plays as well as it looks.  I can't wait till the summer to play the port!

drboom

Finally got myself a good, tate-able monitor, an NEC XM29 Plus. Fucking fantastic.

adverse

Quote from: EOJ on January 07, 2009, 02:44:13 PM
Shirokishi Monogatari (JP PS3), aka "White Knight Chronicles"

Any further thoughts on this?

I picked up Fallout 3 and Left 4 Dead recently and have been playing those pretty much non-stop.