Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
If you wanna do this right use GroovyMAME 0.237, the very latest with all properly working saving sliders with decimals precision added, not whichever core on retroarch.
RA is of no help since the only versions it supports that have saving sliders are too old.
Also older versions of standalone MAME and Groovy have their lackings and quirks too that are annoyances if not liabilities for tweaking slowdowns in cv1000 games, so ppl shouldn't waste time with those, no RA, no old build period.
If they're worried about roms well the up-to-date sets are basically everywhere now every month, the years of struggling are over, I think a lot of users still haven't noticed.
So emulation of cv1000 has been the most up-to-date in recent MAME and Groovy follows its drivers development faithfully, that includes the small adjustments to performance and refresh rate MAMEdev have done over time, which some very thick-skulled ppl with a phone and old-ass RA cores still don't understand even after years of telling them that it DOES make a difference for this research, and that results done with old versions are useless to share.

- Get GroovyMAME 0.237 (whoever: complain only to yourself if you get an older version and experience issues, missing stuff etc)

- First in Groovy's mame.ini edit this way for a basic flat panel use (not crt):
cheat                     1
monitor                   lcd

- Then launch a game and in the ingame menu go turn blitter delay on then reset (F3)

After that you're free to adjust both CPU% and blitter sliders, it'll all be saved.
CPU slider uses % but you can see the Hz in the machine information menu if you want.

You're also free of using other sliders that do save too, frame_delay to minimize lag, and vsync_offset to eliminate tearing if you have some.
The higher frame_delay the more often your inputs are at pcb-level of delay, although reaching 8 is tough on both CPU and GPU, and 9 almost impossible on heavy games.
NB: abusing vsync_offset has a huge toll on performance so it's better to reduce your frame_delay level instead.

Use Portaudio to reduce sound latency, and HLSL if you want, they do work in combination with everything else of course, up to you to learn how to configure them.
HLSL is rather old but at least it's still there.
Personally tho I prefer a simple light filtering, I just use the following in mame.ini (Groovy's)
autofilter                0
autostretch               0
filter                    1
prescale                  2
It's a bit blocky but clean and colors are good.

But you CANNOT use BGFX or change anything else in the configuration that has to do with video backends or sync if you don't know exactly what you're doing.
This is not baseline MAME nor RetroArch nor FBN or whatvever, Groovy has got its specifics that most new users break by touching settings they shouldn't have, but hey Groovymame forums on BYOAC exist.
Anyway for playing tweaked cv1000 games you don't need to know more.
(Would you want to play more games like the 1st gen Cave games or older Toaplans with benefits of frame_delay, I recommend increasing from 2 to 3 the following:
sync_refresh_tolerance    3.0)

Groovy's as good as arcades emulation gets on a simple PC and normal monitor without breaking emulation accuracy.
Anyone who wants actually better get yourself a GSYNC setup or dive into the other possibilities with flat panels and CRTs that actually exist and work, using groovy or not.
Don't fall for the BS snake-oil RA and shmuparch are selling on lag and refreshes, well, I guess most ppl do, and it's too late for them to realize, plus retro arcades got old so it's preaching in a desert.  :P
Dsmbl was one of the hardest games to analyse, as every character's shot/laser has quite different impact on overall game speed.

Here is the summary, to save you time:

Deathsmiles MBL:
53.35 / 54 (Windia)
53.04 / 56 (Follet)
52.53 / 58 (Casper)
52.53 / 58 (Sakura)
53.35 / 55 (Rosa)

Hi

My copy of Mame has a slider for CPU overclock but only goes up and down in increment's of "1" is this the correct setting

https://ibb.co/Pr0rWRg

Thanks

CAVE Games / Re: Video link thread
« Last post by EOJ on November 04, 2021, 04:27:11 PM »
rgrayGM uploaded his 15.26mil Shasta ALL in Pink Sweets 1.00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkAMSXiq8wo

https://twitter.com/rgrayGM/status/1456275073493471238

This is a pretty amazing replay, and only four and a half million less than the arcade WR with the infinite lives trick! I could never score well with Shasta, so it is wonderful to see all of these cool scoring strategies I never thought of.
Thanks very much  :)
Dsmbl was one of the hardest games to analyse, as every character's shot/laser has quite different impact on overall game speed.

Here is the summary, to save you time:

Deathsmiles MBL:
53.35 / 54 (Windia)
53.04 / 56 (Follet)
52.53 / 58 (Casper)
52.53 / 58 (Sakura)
53.35 / 55 (Rosa)
Ok no problem,  I only ask as I was looking for settings for DSMBL and come across some conflicting opinions.

I'll dig through this thread and make my own list in notepad so I can refer too.

It's a shame no one has done a specific core on retroarch just for SH3 but its obviously not that easy as I'm sure we would of seen one by now.

Thanks.
The updated settings presented here in this very topic are the best. Scroll through the posts (start with theast page).
Hi

Does anyone have a list of the best available setting for these games ?

I know they wont be a 100% but it would be nice to set these up in mame with what people regard as the best settings in 2021

I really hope someday these games can be made perfect through emulation as the PCB's are out of the question now for most of us.

Thanks
PCB / Re: Fixing bad CV1000 Graphics NAND blocks without any soldering
« Last post by buffi on October 27, 2021, 05:55:58 PM »
Nope. Sound roms are completely unrelated unfortunately.
PCB / Re: Fixing bad CV1000 Graphics NAND blocks without any soldering
« Last post by emphatic on October 27, 2021, 03:19:15 PM »
Wow, that's very awesome. Does this mean that bad sound can be fixed as well in games such as SDOJ?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10