Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
I just want to echo what EOJ said. I have spent hundreds of hours with this PCB revision and encountered it very, very rarely.

In all likelihood it will never happen to you.
Thanks Plasmo - although are you saying that you think my gaming prowess is not enough to get to level 6 every time and terrify the PCB into freezing in fear of my shmup skills? Because if you are.....you would be correct :) I think it will take me hundreds of hours just to get past level 1 :)

Oh, I'm certain you can get the clear if you're pushing for it! The game is not as hard as people sometimes say it is. Although it's not easy either...

What I was trying to say is, if you want to encounter the glitch you just have to play a whole lot. And reach stage 6 regularly. It would make a fun challenge to see how many hours of playtime it would take you until you make the pcb freeze for the first time! ;)
I just want to echo what EOJ said. I have spent hundreds of hours with this PCB revision and encountered it very, very rarely.

Thanks Plasmo - although are you saying that you think my gaming prowess is not enough to get to level 6 every time and terrify the PCB into freezing in fear of my shmup skills? Because if you are.....you would be correct :) I think it will take me hundreds of hours just to get past level 1 :)
Another big increase in SYU's Daifukkatsu Arrange A record on the Japanese Xbox 360!

25,547,602,353,203 - SYU (done on 30-August-2021)

I uploaded the replay here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gkmSiJem0w

I've owned several of these PCBs over the years and only encountered the freeze bug once or twice, which occurs at the end of Stage 6. To put it in perspective, about 99% of the the time I would get through Stage 6 without it freezing. Apparently it can also freeze on the last boss, though I've never experienced it.

So I wouldn't worry about it. It's also now possible to "upgrade" from this MASTER VER to the bug-fixed one, without soldering.

Thanks EOJ - appreciate the reply.  That's good to know! I am, of course, assuming I can even reach stage 6. By no means guaranteed :)
I've owned several of these PCBs over the years and only encountered the freeze bug once or twice, which occurs at the end of Stage 6. To put it in perspective, about 99% of the the time I would get through Stage 6 without it freezing. Apparently it can also freeze on the last boss, though I've never experienced it.

So I wouldn't worry about it. It's also now possible to "upgrade" from this MASTER VER to the bug-fixed one, without soldering.
CAVE Games / Pink Sweets - initial version (2006/04/06 Master Version.) - worth getting?
« Last post by Joe on August 30, 2021, 06:15:28 AM »
I have the opportunity to buy this version (one dot original master version) but I have read it suffers from a freeze bug on level 6 (possibly other places?). This somewhat puts me off given it would presumably be hit and miss each play if you could even finish the game. 

Does anyone have experience of this version and a particular view? For example, how often does this bug raise its head and does it break the game, and should I hold out for a different version?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks
Other Shooters / Re: Battle Garegga Location Test Income (from November 1995)
« Last post by zak on August 26, 2021, 01:44:10 PM »
The operator would have made half their money back in 5 days!
CAVE Games / Re: Cave kits thread
« Last post by zak on August 26, 2021, 01:33:21 PM »
Celebrating the 5 Million yen funds I just received from some Japanese sucker: Mushihimesama 1.5 Matsuri Edition

5 new characters, that's nuts! I just hope the slowdown is good. I was on the fence s has tipped me over.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]