Radiant Silvergun [Xbox Live Arcade, 2011]

Started by Tesuman, September 16, 2010, 07:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thestreetzking

EOJ

I never liked the Saturn game. Pretty boring, and the scoring was tedious rather than fun. Ikaruga is a million times better.
Maybe they'll include an Ikaruga-ish mode? That would be grand.

And of course this will be a worldwide release. MS wants to make money off of this even more than Treasure does (note at the end of the trailer that the game is being published by "Microsoft Game Studios").

Also, youtube link to trailer for those who cannot access nico video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfakyXCo_mY
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

My score archive

Lunchbox

I'm pretty happy with this project, if only to preserve a hypothetical masterpiece. You know, our CRTS will not last forever (neither our saturns).
No arcades in Spain.

fuse

I'm pretty excited about this too. Used to play it 2p with a friend back when it came out, and always wanted a copy but never fancied stumping up the eBay prices.

Medal

Finally going to have a chance to play this at full speed. Hope I like it more than Ikaruga. With more guns than you can count on one hand, I probably will.

njiska

Quote from: EOJ on September 16, 2010, 10:42:41 PM
Sounds like there really is an Ikaruga mode:

http://www.1up.com/news/treasure-radiant-silvergun-xbla

This was a very interesting passage

Xbox 360 is Treasure's Platform of Choice

With both Radiant Silvergun and Bangai-O now coming to the Xbox 360, it's clear that the Xbox 360 is Treasure's favorite platform of this generation. In fact, Maegawa pointed out that Treasure recently redesigned its website to include a big Xbox Live arcade header on it. He said that the studio definitely plans to do more titles for the Xbox 360 after Radiant Silvergun, and is eager to hear what fans might want them to work on (and yes, he said he would pay attention to what people say on 1UP). I asked Maegawa why he thought the Xbox 360 ended up being the best console for hardcore gamers this generation (especially in Japan, where a majority of the hardcore shoot-em-ups seem to reside on the 360). He wasn't sure the exact reason, but just that it felt kind of natural; that a lot of the hardcore games and developers all sort of flocked to it. Maegawa mentioned that when he thinks of fans of Treasure games, the overlap in audience is mostly with Xbox 360 owners. He actually alluded that it was this way with some of the Sega systems of the past -- to him, the Xbox 360 sort of picked up the reins from Sega's Saturn and Dreamcast.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

Joe T.

I recently tried (again) to get into radiant silvergun and bought an stv cart of it.  The day it arrived I was already convinced (again) that I hate this game and sold the cart.  I'll pay 800 msp for it though if it's got an Ikaruga mode.

EOJ

My opinion is similar to yours. Ikaruga mode sounds fun.
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

gsl

Oh goddammit. I've already got a perfectly functional EX-SE, but I want that so hard.

EOJ

Yeah, it's all Seimitsu. Pretty nice. Sure to cost an arm and a leg though. No way it will be released outside of Japan.
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

brentsg

It's too bad the sticks are so damn heavy to ship, and I'm less stupid than I used to be.  Otherwise I'd preorder these things.