Milestone Shooting Collection 2 [JP Wii]

Started by EOJ, December 03, 2010, 04:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Another Wii game, Milestone? Really? And just a collection of games that have already been on the Wii/GC? REALLY??

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/12/04/milestone_shooting_collection/

I wish they'd focus on the X360 so I could play their games in HD with a quality arcade stick. I really like Radirgy Noa Massive.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

brentsg

Plus it's a pain to play imports on Wii, and certainly not worth owning a Japanese console.

antares

I'd like to have Karous HD and Illvelo HD on 360. Don't care about the original Radirgy or Chaos Field (which is one of the most awful Naomi Shooters imo).
In the Radirgy Noa Massive leaderboards are only 700 entries so I have my doubts if Milestone will release any other games on the XBox though.

EOJ

My score archive

twoup

QuoteI wish they'd focus on the X360
QuoteI'd like to have Karous HD and Illvelo HD on 360

These were my thoughts as well when I read about this.

Namco are doing the same thing, re releasing that stingy compilation on Wii that doesn't even have Rolling Thunder with a few extra games. I already have the first milestone collection and the other two games so unless they're going to do something crazy like add an option to turn down the sound effects I'll have to pass on this. I'd get it on 360 in a heartbeat though.

QuotePlus it's a pain to play imports on Wii

I dunno man I've softmodded a couple of Wiis and all it took was an hour out of the day and a few files on a memory card, although admittedly I haven't updated certain things and have to run the original Radirgy Noah disc through a backup launcher for it to work.

fuse

Very annoying - I even have a J-Wii and I am still frustrated this is not on the 360.

njiska

Quote from: twoup on December 03, 2010, 10:38:23 PM
QuotePlus it's a pain to play imports on Wii

I dunno man I've softmodded a couple of Wiis and all it took was an hour out of the day and a few files on a memory card, although admittedly I haven't updated certain things and have to run the original Radirgy Noah disc through a backup launcher for it to work.

God it is so easy. Think i've got it down to a 10 minute process now. Works like a charm as I'm using it to play Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Still, like everyone else i'd like this on a proper console with a comfortable/logical controller.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

EOJ

I picked this up the other day as it's pretty cheap brand new, and I recently bought a black Wii here in Japan (mainly for the new Kirby and the awesome Dragon Quest Collection). I'm pretty surprised by how good the package is, especially for the price. Illvelo seems to be exactly the same as the standalone Wii retail release of Illvelo (all modes are identical, you get Arcade, Easy, Hard, and Special) so there's no point to buy it if you have this. Radirgy Noa is missing the Illvelo Still arrange mode, which sort of sucks. Chaos Field, Radirgy, and Karous seem the same as on the first collection, but apparently some bugs were fixed.

You can easily switch from tate to yoko on the main menu.

I was surprised to discover that I prefer playing the Wii version of Radirgy Noa, as it actually has most of the slowdown from the Arcade original! The X360 version totally lacks any slowdown, which makes it run way too fast. I do like the X360 port for the extra modes though.
My score archive

Let_It_Be

I have this game, but I can't convince myself to buy an arcade stick for one game and thus I can't enjoy it as much as I could.  :-[

Can anyone convince me it's worth the purchase of a Wii stick?

EOJ

I'm using the classic controller pro, and that works great for me.
My score archive

Let_It_Be

Hmm, well I do have Muramasa, and I'm planning on getting Monster Hunter 3 so that would be more than one game for an accessory.

TimingTripod40

Eh, I actually pretty annoyed by the slowdown when I played the stand-alone version on my Wii. I seriously doubt it was meant to be in there if they really removed it for the 360 version.

EOJ

I just discovered Radirgy Noa doesn't save your scores after power down, and it doesn't save your button config either (all the other games on the disc appear to work properly in this regard). Is the standalone  Wii release like this too? If so, that sucks.
My score archive

EOJ

Well, it seems if I enter the config and check the buttons first when I load up the game each time, it loads the config settings and my scores. Pretty weird.
My score archive