Main Menu

Advertisements in forum

Started by Dave_K., January 12, 2012, 11:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave_K.

I know the forum displays advertisements when you are not logged in and browsing, but now they are showing up even when I'm logged in.  Did something change?

EOJ

Revenue is way down, no one is really using the site's Play-Asia link anymore, so I enabled the adds temporarily in an effort to get a bit more money to cover the site's operating costs. I didn't want to, but I also don't want to pay for this site out of my pocket.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

drboom

Quote from: EOJ on January 12, 2012, 11:43:49 PM
Revenue is way down, no one is really using the site's Play-Asia link anymore, so I enabled the adds temporarily in an effort to get a bit more money to cover the site's operating costs. I didn't want to, but I also don't want to pay for this site out of my pocket.

Do you get cash when the links are clicked on? I can click the shit out of some links to help out. Pretty sure all of us could.

EOJ

Yep, each click = a certain amount of pennies. But they add up!

I don't want people feeling obligated to click ads all the time, though. Any help is appreciated, of course, but don't do anything excessive.
My score archive

SinHo

EOJ

Many thanks for all the clicks, the site has generated about $25 from them since I put the ads back. P-A orders have also increased, allowing me to cover the site costs for the near future. To show my thanks, I'm giving away a copy of Mushi HD here:

http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1551
My score archive

eckart

So how do it count?
Guess multiple clicks on the same banner count as one.

I will sponsore this. :righton:

EOJ

I'm not sure, but I think multiple clicks on the same banner count as one.

My score archive

SuperPang

EOJ

My score archive