The Stuff You've Bought thread (with pictures, ideally)

Started by EOJ, May 15, 2008, 02:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAR

jpj

:laugh:

i was thinking of hitting you up for tips, or start a progear strategy thread - but i'm not sure you'd wanna help now  =D

performing heart surgery on it this weekend, and replacing that damn fan. 

markedkiller: straight swap for deathsmiles?   :-*

Geeb

Eternal Darkness - Sanity's Requiem - GC
Star Fox Adventures - GC
Yu-Gi-Oh! - The Falsebound Kingdom - GC

Final Fantasy Anthology (only Chrono Trigger atm) - PSX

Soulbringer - PC

Edit: that's FFChronicles, not FFAnthology

markedkiller78

Quote from: jpj on September 17, 2008, 01:12:25 PM
markedkiller: straight swap for deathsmiles?   :-*

I have a spare Death Smiles Flyer I could do a straight swap for :)

EOJ

Picked up the following CAVE games this week:

Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 (thanks MrMonkeyMan!)
Mushi Futari 1.5
Pink Sweets

I didn't like being without Mushi Futari 1.5 and Pink Sweets, so I promptly bought them again. Now I'm happy.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

drboom

Wow  :o - didn't take too long to get those back - eh, EOJ? Good pick up on the DFK - I'd been eyeing that - but I have to keep funds for a vaca comming up soon. But I did have enough to get this: a Sega Aero Table

Got to replace the sticks (bat tops - ugh!), buttons and cp. I have a cp comming from mastercello on shmups and also need to find someone to fix the monitor pcb - the pincushion adjustment pot (or some transistors around it) are dead. Pretty stoked about it - and I got a good deal on it too. It could use a paint job, but I'll worry about that when the newness wears off and I can take it apart and work on it.

EOJ

Yeah, I read about that on your blog. Awesome cab, and it sounds like you got a good deal on it.  :cool:

Despite the new games, I'm having a lot of fun just playing Ketsui.  :righton:
My score archive

Plasmo

Good that you have Pink Sweets again. I'm also thinking of re-buying it. Such a great game. ;)

EOJ

Check YAJ regularly. I just bought mine there for 40,000 yen.   :)

My score archive

Kaneda

A woman at work gave me a JPS2 that she said her son doesn't use anymore. She asked if I knew where to buy games for it and I kind of chuckled and said yea I can take care of it.

Plasmo

QuoteCheck YAJ regularly. I just bought mine there for 40,000 yen.
If I would be able to bid on YAJ items, I'd have Futari, Pink Sweets and more by now. :-\

EOJ

@Plasmo: PM Gaijinpunch. He can get you started on YAJ bidding.  :righton:
My score archive

markedkiller78

Wow, that's a cheap ass Pink Sweets ;)

I opted to keep mine in the end. I knew I'd end up needing to replace it at some point.

I ended up buying zaks progear kit. God I've missed this game. It's going straight into the Astro as soon as it arrives. Death Smiles leaves progear returns.

I'm happy with that deal :)

EOJ

Dragon Quest IV (DS). Loving it.

I also have Muchi Muchi Pork on the way. Figured I'd give the game another try.
My score archive

drboom

DQ IV was pretty good, but the open world last chapter is frusterating as no one really tells you where to go. You have to ask like 50 NPC's what the deal is before anyone tells you, 'oh, you may want to go to this mountain over here for that piece of equipment...' - kind of a bummer, especially as the rest of the game is excellent.

Playing Chrono Trigger for the first time on the DS and loving it.
Recently bought Castlevania for the GBA and love playing it on my micro.
Got Persona 2 recently as well - prety good, got to get more time in on it.
Really want to get Muchi Muchi Pork. Next on the list...

adverse

Ugh, a ton.  Broke my hand early this month so the only thing I can play are 360 games.

Last Remnant, Otomedius, Gears of War 2 & 1, then Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia for DS.

EOJ

My score archive

adverse

It's like an FF12 done by the Saga Team, with major technical problems.  If you can get past the really problematic visuals, and then realize that this game was basically pushed out the gate six months before it should've been, then you can probably enjoy it.  The battle system, world map and the rest of the game are really good once you're about four hours into the game.

EOJ

Sounds like it might be better to wait for the PS3 version.
My score archive

drboom

Speaking of PS3, anyone play Valkyria Chronicles yet? This was BIG on my list to get, but I have had to get a PC-Engine Duo-R to play Rondo of Blood. PSP post kinda sucks - too much blurring and its such a good game.

EOJ

Yeah I got the JP version way back in spring. Awesome game.
My score archive

adverse

Quote from: drboom on December 01, 2008, 05:45:14 PM
Speaking of PS3, anyone play Valkyria Chronicles yet? This was BIG on my list to get, but I have had to get a PC-Engine Duo-R to play Rondo of Blood. PSP post kinda sucks - too much blurring and its such a good game.

No offense but you're gonna drop what 200 bucks or so on Rondo of Blood for Duo just because of some blurring?  :oogle:

EOJ

I just bought Etrian Odyssey II for the DS brand new for $11.98. It's Amazon.com's deal of the day. Get it while you can (USA customers only).
My score archive

Shalashaska

Did you try out the demo on PSN? It's a fantastic game.

drboom

Quote from: adverse on December 01, 2008, 08:05:47 PM

No offense but you're gonna drop what 200 bucks or so on Rondo of Blood for Duo just because of some blurring?  :oogle:

There were a few other games on the system I was thinking about playing as well... :laugh:

drboom

Quote from: Shalashaska on December 02, 2008, 05:05:07 PM

Did you try out the demo on PSN? It's a fantastic game.

Haven't tried the demo yet becuse this was going to be the system seller for me. There just doesn't seem to be that many games that interest me enought to pick up the system at the moment.

EOJ

Valkyrie is the only disc game I own for the system, but I'll buy White Knight Chronicles later in the month. I play MKII, Super SF2 Turbo HD, and Super Puzzle fighter on it as well (all downloadable games). And of course, it's an awesome bluray player / upscaling DVD player.  :righton:
My score archive

adverse

Quote from: EOJ on December 03, 2008, 09:58:27 PM
Valkyrie is the only disc game I own for the system, but I'll buy White Knight Chronicles later in the month. I play MKII, Super SF2 Turbo HD, and Super Puzzle fighter on it as well (all downloadable games). And of course, it's an awesome bluray player / upscaling DVD player.  :righton:

What characters in SF2: HD?

EOJ

Oh I just fool around with different ones. Ryu, Ken, E. Honda, Guile, etc. I'm no pro. I only got it the other day and haven't played it much, but it's a lot of fun.
My score archive