Cave games from easiest to hardest in terms of difficulty to 1cc

Started by zlk, July 07, 2008, 09:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ookitarepanda

skykid

Quote from: EOJ on July 07, 2008, 10:19:16 PM
Non-looping games "EASY TIER":
EASIEST to HARDEST
deathsmiles(no canyon) < MFBL Original < mushi futari original < mushi original < espgaluda

Interesting you cited Mushi Futari original as easier then Mushi original. I cleared both several times and felt that the Futari clear was a touch tougher than original Mushi was. Perhaps I imagined it, dunno.  :P
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

supabok

Out of curiosity, where would Deathsmiles II & DDP Daifukkatsu BL fit into the tier list?

EOJ

I'd put DSII (Arcade ver) at the beginning of my Intermediate tier (see the second post in this thread), and DFK BL at the end of my Intermediate tier, or beginning of my Hard tier. Obviously strong style is much harder, though.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

supabok

supabok

Quote from: EOJ on March 18, 2011, 07:59:55 PM
I'd put DSII (Arcade ver) at the beginning of my Intermediate tier (see the second post in this thread), and DFK BL at the end of my Intermediate tier, or beginning of my Hard tier. Obviously strong style is much harder, though.
So as a quick update(for me mainly ;):

Non-looping games "EASY TIER":
EASIEST to HARDEST
deathsmiles(no canyon) < MFBL Original < mushi futari original < mushi original < espgaluda

Non-looping games "INTERMEDIATE TIER":
EASIEST to HARDEST
DSII < MFBL Maniac < Muchi Muchi Pork(1-ALL) < Ibara Kuro < Mushi Maniac < Mushi Futari 1.5 Maniac

Non-looping games "HARD TIER":
EASIEST to HARDEST
DDP DFK BL < Mushi futari 1.0 Maniac < MFBL God mode < Espgaluda 2< Deathsmiles (canyon) < Ibara< Pink Sweets < Mushi Ultra < Mushi Futari Ultra

Looping games:
EASIEST to HARDEST
Dodonpachi < Muchi Muchi Pork < Ketsui (Tsuujou) < Ketsui (Ura) < Dodonpachi Daioujou

skykid

Quote from: GaijinPunch on July 08, 2008, 12:26:26 AMI'm warming up to it, kind of like how a red-headed step child warms up to parental beatings.

LMAO!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

EOJ

Wow, the post you quoted from GP was from nearly 3 years ago.
My score archive

skykid

Quote from: EOJ on April 11, 2011, 10:47:31 PM
Wow, the post you quoted from GP was from nearly 3 years ago.

I know, only just saw it last night and it made me regurgitate my water through my nose. Was worth a lmao.  ;)

bcass

EOJ - in your list, where would you place Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu v1.5 (strong) 1-ALL?

Also, do you have any estimates of where the various port-exclusive modes fit-in to the list? Or anyone else have any ideas about where they might fit into EOJ's list?

EOJ

DFK 1.5 Strong-style 1-ALL is definitely in the EASY TIER. Right next to Deathsmiles (no Canyon). It doesn't get much easier for CAVE games.

As for the port arrange modes, I think they'd go in the INTERMEDIATE TIER. Arrange B is really weird though and I'm not sure if that should be included in the ranking at all.

And wow, this thread is a blast from the past. I totally forgot about it!
My score archive

bcass

Yeah, I had a feeling it would be easy-tier. Only had a few attempts and already easily reaching stage 5. That's coming from a recent Deathsmiles II clear, which I felt was noticeably more challenging than the original Deathsmiles, so I think your ranking is going to roughly align with how I perceive difficulty across the games.

Also, when I mentioned port modes, I meant all port modes from all ports, not just DFK. Also, I notice that Akai Katana and SaiDaiOuJou are missing from the list, presumably they hadn't yet been released when this topic was started. Where do they fit-in?

EOJ

Not sure about exact rankings for all the arrange modes. Most of them are pretty easy, though.

AK is EASY TIER, SDOJ (Shot/Laser) is INTERMEDIATE TIER (Right next to Mushi Futari 1.5 Maniac), but close to HARD TIER.
My score archive

buffi

I think that list is pretty good. Galuda 2 can be basically put into easy tier though if playing Asagi and just kakusei melting the bosses.

bcass

Quote from: bcass on August 08, 2021, 12:57:41 AM
Yeah, I had a feeling it would be easy-tier. Only had a few attempts and already easily reaching stage 5.
I spoke too soon, stage 5 is absolutely crushing me! Those lasers are a real pain.