Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete shimatta [Grev, 2009 JP X360, 2011 JP PS3]

Started by adverse, March 03, 2009, 10:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adverse

360 port just announced in Famitsu.  Will probably give this a shot if it's at home.

EOJ

More details on the X360 port due on June 25, 2009:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1222568_1407.html

Will retail for 6279 yen (about 1000 yen less than recent shooting game releases).
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

ave

This does not look attractive to me at all. How can Grev do something like that after their Naomi shooters? Simple graphics and a score system that looks very "inspired" by Triggerheart Exelica, a shooter that is not known for its great intuitive playability as well. Cave goes 3D, Grev lacks imagination. Awesome  :mad:
東亜プラン4ライフ

tiw

the time attack option looks interesting.

scoring in this game though is a big fat HURF milking enemy generators

EOJ

Package (reg and LE) art has been released by GREV, and they both look really nice.

http://maglog.jp/grev/Article607706.html

Regular:

LE box:

Interesting that they lack the "Only on Xbox" stamp on the top (as seen in other recent shooters, like DeathSmiles).
My score archive

Megalixir

I already preordered the LE. It reminds me of Guwange a bit, but really, I have no idea how this plays apart from that it's on the ground.

Otomedius doesn't have the "only on xbox" label either but I doubt that will ever get released on the PS3.

adverse

Not to hate on Grev, because I like what they do, but I tried playing this at HEY today and...blah.
I'm still going to pick it up and put some time into it.  But I really hope they spruce up the graphics and make the gameplay a bit more engaging.

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

Preview movie [15.3MB download] of the superplay DVD included with the LE package is available here:

http://www.inhgroup.com/item/mamoru/

We learn from this video that the superplay DVD is 120min long, and the top scores are over 550mil.
My score archive

Plasmo

Quite weak scores considering that the WR scores are well over 700mill...

EOJ

Well the scores could be over 700mil. You only see it exceeding 550mil in the clips they show, but they don't give any final scores there.
My score archive

EOJ

I recently rebought this game (should have it within the next week). Looking forward to digging into the scoring a bit!

In related news, Grev is going to sell Mamoru-kun face towels and handkerchiefs on the online shop soon:
http://blog.grev.shop-pro.jp/?eid=237085
My score archive

EOJ

I've been playing this again, and enjoying it quite a lot. One of the best reasons to buy a JP X360.

One question: does the game case inside the LE slipcase have the same cover art as the SE, or is it just a duplicate of the LE slipcase cover (like the Cave LEs)? I bought the SE because I prefer the SE's cover art, but if there is the same SE DVD case/cover art inside the LE slipcase then I might as well get that for the superplay DVD. Here are the different covers I'm talking about

SE DVD case:

LE slipcase:

My score archive

twoup

I have the ltd ed and the game case cover is the same as the standard one so no worries there. Sadly the 'special soundtrack' is just a few remixes but the dvd is alright and it's the most reasonably priced 360 shmup ltd ed for sure.

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

Those handkerchiefs and face towels I mentioned earlier are now available for sale from Grev's shop. Free shipping within Japan!

http://blog.grev.shop-pro.jp/?eid=242743

My score archive

EOJ

PS3 version coming in March 2011, by Cyberfront/Gulti (same team that made Strike Witches on the X360). DLC stuff will be on the disc, with new widescreen graphics. If they make a mode with a simple, fun scoring system, this will be worth picking up.

http://www.cyberfront.co.jp/title/mamorukun_ps3/images/ps3/ss.swf

If this sells decently, we may see Cyberfront port Strike Witches to the PS3, and/or make Strike Witches 2 for it.
My score archive

twoup

Pretty surprising announcement. If they are just showing the whole play area and not zooming in at all then it'll be alright but I'm having nightmarish flashbacks to raystorm HD and worrying a bit about it. Mamoru Kun's already 3D angle would make things awful zoomed in. It'd be great if they actually flattened that out. I'm also wondering what this means for those boss encounters where you're flying. I guess Sony really do have a policy of widescreen only in which case they deserve to coming last place.

In any case looks like I'll be buying this game again. Strike Witches too if that follows even if they're not my favourite shooters, got to send a message to the devs that I'd like some more of these games for the ps3.

EOJ

My score archive

antares

The new graphics look nice, I wonder if they will change the gameplay too / add an arrange mode. If yes I'll probably buy this a second time.

EOJ

My score archive

neonecko

PS3 owners eat your heart out. This could be the first of many!

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

That video confirms there is an arcade mode included in the game in the traditional 4:3 aspect ratio, which is pretty killer. If there is a fun arrange mode added, this will be worth getting.
My score archive

EOJ

I just tried out the demo on PSN, and it's pretty good. I think the game is much better in widescreen, and the load times are super fast. One thing that was really bad about the X360 port was the really long loads (especially the initial load).
My score archive

twoup

Yeah the demo gave me a bit of confidence in this version, the widescreen seems to work well & the 3D effect doesn't seem any worse. I wasn't sold on the arrange music but no big deal. I've got it on pre-order so not long now before a bit of retail shooting action hits my ps3.

everlust

I tried out the demo a few hours ago, and paid for my order before that.

Glad i paid for something i quite enjoyed as the demo was extremely solid and quite fun.
Widescreen worked out really well for it, and the visuals are pleasing enough.

Looks to include a load of content as well, making things even better, and with the game itself seeming like a definite improvement over the original.

I'm sold on it, can't wait to play the full game.

TheSoundofRed

Interested in picking this up. The demo was fairly enjoyable and fun. Can someone give me a bit more insight into the scoring?

MmSadda

Am I mistaken, or was there a version of this game on Naomi a while back?