Main Menu

Ketsui

Started by CRI, January 06, 2008, 10:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABC-P.F

Right, I'm from South Korea.

I should link the picture from photobucket or somewhere else......

EOJ

OK, I got the image to show. You have to click on it, then refresh the page for it to work.

Great score, and congratulations on getting the #1 spot with an Ura loop ALL.  :righton:
Maybe this will bring Mrmonkeyman out of retirement?
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

ABC-P.F

I have been noticing that MMM is working on DDF-DFK, and he is a great player.

He will probably play this again soon, after clearing the DFK's tsuujou loop IMHO.

His first loop play is better than mine, so he might retake the #1 soon.

adverse

Quote from: ABC-P.F on September 08, 2008, 09:35:48 PM

ABC-P.F - 397,914,187 - ALL - Tiger Schwert

WTF you're awesome   :righton:

MrMonkeyMan

That's awesome!

I don't think I will be clearing the Ura loop anytime soon (ever).  I've only made it to the Ura loop 6 or 7 times.  I always end up dying, or bombing somewhere.

PROMETHEUS

omg ! MrMonkeyMan's score was beaten, and in Ura ! @_@ !

Most impressive ABC-P.F ~! South Korea... Do you play Starcraft ? :p

ABC-P.F

Quote from: PROMETHEUS on September 13, 2008, 05:47:41 AM
Do you play Starcraft ? :p

I used to play starcraft sometimes. I was poor at normal games, so I usually played "use map settings" games. There are many interesting maps were created in Korea.
But now I have never been playing it for months, because I lose interests.

Anyway, I'm working on the 230mil+ score in first loop and 420mil+ at the end.

droid

Does the ketsui pcb save scores? My scores are erased every time I power down, is it just a save score battery that needs replacing? If so is there anything I have to be careful of if I switch it? Don't want to kill a $900 pcb, lol.

Also, for those capable of reaching the 2nd loop, will the game allow you to access it directly? Is there a code you can input to get there like mmp? My pitiful score is around 28 million 1-3 with purple ship. Irks me a little, because my friend Jeremy is at 50 million at the end of stage 4 boss and he's only played the game mebbe 10 times. I must have pumped in at least 500 credits *sigh*

Thanks,
droid

EOJ

No, it doesn't save scores. And no, there's no way to access the second loop other than to get there after the first loop.
My score archive

innerpattern

Just putting up a newbie score to start recording my progress... :P

innerpattern - 22,292,027 - 1-2 - Tiger Schwert

EOJ

Got this game again in a trade the other day, put in about 5 credits and pulled out a 1-ALL clear after not playing it in about 2 months. Awesome.  :righton:
You can replace my slightly higher score with this one. I'd rather have this first loop clear score up there. Thanks.

EOJ - 97,697,365 - 1-ALL - Tiger Schwert

Too bad the game doesn't say "1-ALL" when you clear the first loop. But I guess in the grand scheme of things, a 1-ALL doesn't mean much in this game (just like in the Pachi games).

My score archive

adverse

Proof positive that Ketsui DS helps your arcade game.  :righton:

Congrats EOJ!

EOJ

Thanks, but I doubt Ketsui DS has anything to do with it (haven't played it in weeks, and I've only played about 6 hours total on it).
I think it has more to do with playing a lot of Futari 1.0 Maniac. That game has a similar difficulty to Ketsui's first loop, but with 2 less bomb carriers, 1 less life, and a harder end boss.
My score archive

drboom

How'd you do on stage 5 of that run? Lots of bombs? I find its really, really hard if you don't bomb intelligently. I'd love to think that I could pass it without bombing, but that's a level of difficulty I'm not ready for yet.

EOJ

I got another clear and broke 100mil, and that's good enough for me. So I think I'm done with this game now.

EOJ - 102,118,231 - 1-ALL - Tiger Schwert

No miss up until the last phase of the stage 4 boss. Bombed my way through a lot of stage 5, as usual.
My score archive

jpj

played a couple of credits today and made it to stage 5 for the first time  :)

jpj - 66,243,304 - 1-5 - Panzer Jager

Quote from: EOJ on December 10, 2008, 09:26:11 PM
You can replace my slightly higher score with this one. I'd rather have this first loop clear score up there. Thanks.
Too bad the game doesn't say "1-ALL" when you clear the first loop.

dear oh dear  :P

battle gregor

cjm-103,552,633-1-ALL-panzer jager     

adverse

HEX -50,404,827- 1-4 Boss- Tiger Schwert

Just getting started.

drboom

Hey - pretty good starting score! You should be able to get a good 15-20 mil more with just a bit of practice. For my runs, I can hit ~65 mil through stage 4 with just some basic basic strategies. Although, I'm not exactly the world's premier Ketsui player anyways, so I'm sure you can do much better than me...

adverse

Futari Maniac did a lot to prepare me for Ketsui.  Not just the bullets but the scoring as well.  It doesn't strike me as anywhere near as hard as DOJ, but if the second loop is considered integral to the game then I've got a long way to go.  Ketsui is a direct and to-the-point game and it'll probably keep me hooked for a bit.

Megalixir

Futari Maniac's scoring derives from Ketsui, you know.

Or at least, in 1.5 it does. I don't have BL.

GaijinPunch

QuoteIt doesn't strike me as anywhere near as hard as DOJ,

Try scoring a bit more.  Point-blanking stuff gets risky (and frustrating).  I never really saw the Futari->Ketsui connection as much as the ESPGaluda 2 -> Ketsui one.  In Futari, you get a lot more room to be far away and then rush the enemy when they spurt more out.  In the other two, it's your proximity when you kill them that counts.  That and you're only trying to be in close proximity part of the time.

adverse

Scored 67 mil and counting but fucking alpha station's scores are so high that I wasn't able to enter and see my final score lol.   :whyioughtta:

Stage 5, blah.  I'll try to register a real score this weekend.

Ast-Kot

At alpha station you can meet Tolle a realy good Death Smiles player ;)
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

Drakon

adverse

HEX -71,897,835- 1-5- Tiger Schwert

Getting there.

adverse

HEX -89,349,641- 1-5- Tiger Schwert

Drakon

update

Finally managed to 1cc this game (barely)

Drakon

JAPJAC

JAPJAC (ENG) - 74,830,524 - 1-ALL - Tiger Schwert