Main Menu

Blazblue: Continuum Shift

Started by neomoe, March 24, 2010, 08:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neomoe

Any Blazblue fans here?  Looks like the new one is coming out July 1st.  I am a big Guilty Gear fan and picked up Calamity Trigger and had a bit of fun with it.  I don't like it as much as say Guilty Gear Accent Core, but it was definitely pretty solid.  I'm interested in Continuum Shift too, but w/ Ketsui and Deathsmiles 2 around the corner, I don't think I am gonna get this on release....if anything, I'd probably get the new Senko no Ronde instead.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else was into the game?  And perhaps if any of our members in Japan had a chance to play it in the arcades there.  Thoughts?  Impressions? 

ookitarepanda

I pretty much only bought BlazBlue because it had the Guilty Gear whatnot behind it. I'm not too much for the drawing style, as it's a little too anime-nerd for me, but that game has some sweet music and the gameplay is phenomenal.

I'm a big Tager player, and I've heard he only gets pumped up for Continuum Shift. I'll probably buy it if it is released at a reasonable price instead of a full extra $60 for the 3 new characters and whatever small changes they make.

ookitarepanda

srsly? He whomps ass... I took 5th in a Minnesota tournament. I think pretty much every character in Blazblue is unique enough to be balanced, but that's just from experience rather than doing hardcore reading.

spl

This is coming out??

Man, we are just getting BlazBlue the first one released today!! I'm about to go to the shop and buy my copy to play it for the first time. :( I can't believe the second one is coming out already!

fuse

I loved Calamity Trigger, one of my favourite games of last year. I also play Tager (high five) so cannot wait for this update :)

spl

Well, just picked up my brand new copy of Calamity Trigger.

I am very disappointed. I got the Limited Edition version which said will come with a free arcade stick. God forbid they could include the proper BlazBlue arcade stick that JP and US got.. instead we got some tiny toy-like piece of shit.

The cover art has also been raped but at least there is still JP voice dialog in the game.

:( :( Next time I will just import the JP version.

gsl

I really need to sit down and dig into Calamity Trigger much more than I've already done.  I love the Guilty Gear series (played XX to death back in my college days), and this seems to be an excellent cure for Arc Systems' constant minor update funk that they've been in since, oh, XX# reload.  What really strikes me about Blazblue is how completely different a lot of the character moves and movesets are.  Guilty Gear did this to a smaller extent, but it seems that generally in 2D fighting games, the same motions are used to unleash the same general type of special attacks.  Now if I only had people in the local area to play with...