Main Menu

Ketsui

Started by CRI, January 06, 2008, 10:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRI

really sorry for the late reply but i guess the questions ask have already been answered.
i don't think mame scores should be marked unless the game dosn't run at 100% speed or if enough people ask for it.
and for the cheating part we always can ask for inp or xbox live replays for scores over 200mill.
but i don't want to make it a requirement for this thread because people that play on the pcb can't record replays that easily.

drboom

A new score after getting the pcb again, set at the meet. Wasted two lives right at the beginning of stage 4, still working on the clear, trying to get some patterns together for stage 5.

drboom - 78,220,694 - stage 5 - Tiger Schwert

bitkid

Hey Dr.Boom we can be Ketsui training buddies. I just got my Ketsui PCB too!

Here's my best score so far on the PCB. Stage 4 is still kicking my ass but I'm starting to get better scores than I was in MAME pretty consistently.

Tiger Schwert - Stage 4 - 54,873,544

drboom

Hey - good news man! Glad you copped one. Stellar game.  :righton:

I'm working for the clear, but I need way better patterns (read: any patterns whatsoever) in stage 5. Good luck as you progress. I found reading through the shmups Ketsui high score chat pretty inspiring if you need inspiration.

bitkid

New high score for me. Made it to Stage 4 boss finally.

BIT - Tiger Schwert - 59,311,075 - Stage 4 Boss

crackfox

Well done sir!!!  :)
For me, stage 4 is a very high wall that cannot be climbed!!!  :'(
I will go back to Ketsui at some point but i am a bit into pork at the moment!!  :righton:

bitkid

Thanks! I decided I would start trying to incorporate some places to bomb during the patterns I usually have problems with. I particularly have problems with the cris-cross blue lines pattern from Stage 4 Boss, and also the final spray pattern from the Stage 4 mid boss (big blue balls with tiny long shots in between). Using the bombs helped to get me further than ever before. Unfortunately Stage 4 boss kicked my ass at the end.

drunkninja

Been working with the Panzer, really liking it now that I'm giving it time.  Broke my old high score by over 10mil, and I didn't even get the 1CC! (Though I came damn close, just a sliver of health on the last boss)

X360 Arcade
drunkninja - 86,773,354 - 1-5 - Panzer Jager

Sapz

Threw a few more credits at this yesterday:

X360 Arcade
SPZ - 154,600,621 - 2-3 - Tiger Schwert

(please remember to remove Sapz for SPZ, thanks!)

EDIT: Better score below.

Sapz

Revised stages 1-2 to 1-4, and suddenly a huge improvement!

X360 Arcade
SPZ - 203,164,950 - 2-4 - Tiger Schwert

The highlight of the run by a long way was stage 2-3. I entered the stage with 0 lives and 1 bomb remaining, and cleared it with a spare life. :laugh: Needless to say, 2-4 wrecked me, but I'm happy to make it there for the first time and break 200m.

Will upload this replay to YouTube next week when I get access to my video recording stuff again.

EDIT: Here it is.

drunkninja

Alright, new high score!
drunkninja - 94,932,475 - 1-ALL - X360 Arcade - Tiger Schwert