Otomedius X Excellent [JP X360, April 21, 2011]

Started by EOJ, June 09, 2010, 03:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Sequel to Otomedius announced, due for release this fall. Currently 25% finished. Will feature lots of new characters, offline multiplayer, and more:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/06/09/otomedius_x_sequel/
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

Pics:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1236119_1407.html

Looks worse than the original. If they actually put a scoring system in there I might play it.
My score archive

charlienash87

any word of another crazy arcade stick that'll cost more than the system itself?
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

EOJ

My score archive

fuse

EOJ

Once again, random websites spreading misinformation. It's not an XBLA game, it's a disc release that will sell for 7140 yen. Check out the official webpage that states this fact:

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/otome_x/
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

TheSoundofRed

The video below shows the Konami E3 conference where Otomedius Excellent was introduced for release in North America. Disc release or XBL title?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uydv-8AcLc

tiobilli

Will be there a collectors edition? I saw in nin-nin-game.fr that they have a Limited edition with artbook and some other goods for 140?.

Blue_Rei

Quote from: tiobilli on February 21, 2011, 03:10:49 AM
Will be there a collectors edition? I saw in nin-nin-game.fr that they have a Limited edition with artbook and some other goods for 140?.

There is, 2 actually, they all come with an artbook, DLC card, Konamistyle card and an Aoba Anoa character sheet, but the expensive edition also has an Hanafuma character sheet, the OST and...a gaming chair to slip the character sheets on(outside of pillows of course). That edition however is sold out, and your wallet rejoices! The thing is...they're Konamistyle exclusive. And unlike the Hyperstick Special Ed. the last time, it appears nobody's offering these outside Konami themselves. Your best bet is to go with that site you mentioned or a proxy service in this case. I went with Celga for the Limited Set and the Otomedius OST.

Otomedius Limeted Set

Otomedius OST

EOJ

My score archive

Blue_Rei

New Introduction Trailer released:

Youtube

or

Download to your Xbox

Definitely looks like it's got more going on than Gorgeous!

EOJ

My score archive

Blue_Rei

The game has been out in Japn for the past 2 months, and it's getting a US release in July the 19th.

Also you can choose from a regular or Special Edition!

Regular - $29.99
Special - $49.99

The extra $20 gets you:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81ZM50n8XOL._AA1500_.jpg

WOW that was a fast reply EOJ! ^_^;
I've yet to receive my JP LE copy. Hopefully it comes sometime before the week ends.

EOJ

My score archive

SuperPang

Agreed. I played it once then sold it. Even Bullet Soul got a second chance before I got rid.

TimingTripod40

Blue_Rei

Well the main complaint I heard was that the game is very easy. Also to get some weapon cards (cards that give your character better weapons or abilities), you have to grind a few loops. But then again, the game's producer was IGA of Castlevania fame, and if you've at least played any of the Nintendo DS games, you kinda know what to expect from him.

I personally enjoyed Otomedius Gorgeous, and can't wait to get my copy of Excellent at some point! As with the last game, YMMV. Although, knowing Konami, sales of this game, especially in the US, might hinge on further Gradius or Otomedius games being brought over.

antares

Quote from: TimingTripod40 on June 16, 2011, 12:27:32 PM
What's wrong with it?

Have you played the first one? Do you remember the two extra stages in the 360 port which were ten times worse than the arcade stages? Well, Otomedius Excellent is like 10 times worse than those two extra stages. Game is a fucking joke  :whyioughtta:

TimingTripod40

Quote from: antares on June 18, 2011, 06:09:14 AM
Quote from: TimingTripod40 on June 16, 2011, 12:27:32 PM
What's wrong with it?

Have you played the first one? Do you remember the two extra stages in the 360 port which were ten times worse than the arcade stages? Well, Otomedius Excellent is like 10 times worse than those two extra stages. Game is a fucking joke  :whyioughtta:
Actually I haven't (got a US 360). I was just kind of drawn to this because of those hot anime chicks in the trailer lol.

Let_It_Be

From what I've seen, this game just looks desolate.

Blue_Rei

Pretty big update to the Japanese version a few days ago. It was a Balance Patch and it added:

-Additional Sound Effects (background events, lasers against armored enemies, shattered glass sound on destroying enemy cockpits, among others)

-Collision hitbox has been increased. Seems like there's a risk reward kinda thing going on when having a shield. Equip a shield and your hitbox increases. No shield, your hitbox decreases (i.e.; can't fly between two laser shots with a shield, where as sans shield, you might be able to)

-Bosses and armored enemies have more Hit points. Some still go down easily, but it wasn't as bad pre-patch.

-Your not met with lots of slowdown when taking the lower path in Stage 3 finally

Japanese 2ch'ers were pretty much calling it a totally different game with the patch. Not sure about higher loops yet.

Muchi Muchi Spork

This game looks so terrible, I can't get over it. I can't believe something this boring is being released.

Let_It_Be

That's exactly how I feel, it's almost pathetic.

TimingTripod40

I think this is just Konami trying to cash in on the old-school style gameplay fads lately.

Daverost

Those are really harsh words from people who don't seem to have played it.

Muchi Muchi Spork

Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/YOe9LZ7nsPg

You can tell how painfully boring it is from the video alone. Playing it would only emphasize it. Look how slow and easy it is. People are reporting 1CCing it their first time playing it, average players. It's plain terrible.

Daverost

Looking terrible and being terrible are different things. It may very well be terrible, but seeing a bunch of people who have no experience with something gang up on it ticks me off. Consider it a pet peeve of mine. I'd be far more receptive of your complaints if you had actually played the game.

Muchi Muchi Spork

I've been playing arcade shooters since Space Invaders. I have played enough of them to be able to look at a gameplay video and know whether it is hopeless or not. I might not be able to tell exactly how fun it is or isn't but I can tell if it's boring and hopeless.