Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu IPHONE version [August 26th, 2010]

Started by KEIKO, July 16, 2010, 12:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sh00g

Quite exciting to finally see a video. Hopefully we'll see an announcement for an xbox 360 release!

emphatic

Quote from: CastorKrieg on August 09, 2010, 09:06:06 AM
Why so much hate? Trying to rationalize spending hundreds of USD on J-360 just to play a couple of games?

It's not really hate, and it's not really much of anything. I own all the ports of CAVE games so far for the J-360, and at no time did I stop to think "wow, this is expensive and dangerous". I don't think any other CAVE fan without the funds to buy all of the PCB's did either.

ave

Just watched the trailer for the first time and these are my impressions in chronological order:

- looks very good!
- this could be a must have, seems to play even better than ESPGaluda II
- what the heck is that shitty new iPhone soundtrack? Cheapass disco music fail ;>_<
- 360 hyper could be fun to use and seems to fit the iPhone gameplay really well
- that "hyper cannon" seems pretty retarded, what do we have bombs for? And if it wasn't enough, it also looks ugly as hell.

All in all: If you switch off the new soundtrack and ignore the hyper cannon, it's probably gonna be really nice.  :righton:
東亜プラン4ライフ

lillin

Hyper cannon made me lol :D
Plus they really should give us a release date! Summer is almost over...

EOJ

Looks like a shmup on a cellphone. I AM SO EXCITED.

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

pavelk

Quote from: lillin on August 09, 2010, 02:26:33 PM
Hyper cannon made me lol :D
Plus they really should give us a release date! Summer is almost over...
Maybe on cave festival?

EOJ

I bet it will be released the week right after the Cave festival.
My score archive

Plasmo

The music is AWESOME!
I'm going to watch the trailer again, just for the music, because it's AWESOME!

HVL

Thanks for the laughs. Now, please give us the 360 port everybody's waiting, apart from CastorKrieg who's content playing the games on his grossly overpriced telephone.

EOJ

Release date is August 26th:

http://www.cave-world.com/en/games/dodonpachi-resurrection.html

Price will be $4.99 for the first 4 days, then $8.99 after that.
My score archive

lillin

Quote from: EOJ on August 23, 2010, 03:47:30 AM
Release date is August 26th:

http://www.cave-world.com/en/games/dodonpachi-resurrection.html

Price will be $4.99 for the first 4 days, then $8.99 after that.

You beat me to it :P
Anyway, 5 bucks for DFK is still nice, if you own an I device that is capable of running it :righton:

CastorKrieg

Quote from: HVL on August 11, 2010, 10:40:07 AM
Thanks for the laughs. Now, please give us the 360 port everybody's waiting, apart from CastorKrieg who's content playing the games on his grossly overpriced telephone.

Grossly overpriced telephone? To each his/her own, for me iPhone is a great phone, I'm constantly using many of its functions, the sync with my Macbook/iTunes is very nice, and App Store has some great games for the device. I could counter that again quoting ppl happily buying J360 with no warranty just to play full-priced SHMUP releases, but what for? I'm all for SHMUPs being in as many platforms possible, gaining more and more popularity in Japan and overseas. I don't get off to feeling of superiority/elitism that I'm one of selected few playing SHMUPs, and it looks like CAVE agrees, as they are trying expand their customer base.

EOJ

Quote from: CastorKrieg on August 24, 2010, 05:26:33 PM
I could counter that again quoting ppl happily buying J360 with no warranty just to play full-priced SHMUP releases,

You can get a J360 fixed under warranty in the USA just like a US J360. Same in Europe, from what I've heard. At least know what you're talking about if you want to have a debate.

Also, newer J360s are rock solid, and rarely need fixing anyway.

I don't get off to feeling of superiority/elitism that I'm one of selected few playing SHMUPs

I don't think anyone else here does. Hopefully you're not implying they do.
My score archive

inp

I don't have any problem with cave making phone games and getting more popular but don't expect me to play them. A STG on a 3.5in screen with touch controls is not my idea of fun and it quite far from how the games were originally meant to be experienced.

Also hobbies cost $, fact of life.

SuperPang

Quote from: EOJ on August 24, 2010, 05:29:46 PM
You can get a J360 fixed under warranty in the USA just like a US J360. Same in Europe, from what I've heard.
You'll be lucky if they don't send you a native one back though. I've heard varying stories.

Lusche

i dont know if all pal regions handles it the same way but where i live you get a domestic one back.

every time i sent in my ntsc-j console i got a pal one back.
every time i wrote that this is a ntsc-j console and i wanted it either repaired or a ntsc-j back and taped that on the xbox.
its not happend once ... the first two times i wrote emails to them but they said i should be lucky that they are repairing it because its not a pal one.
the other two time i didnt bother anymore ... just sold the pal consoles, last one for 100bucks and bought a new one for 180 ...

since my family is often visiting asia its not a big deal so i'm not losing too much money.
so im sitting on my 4th ntsc-j console right now but my release day pal console is still alive 5,5 years now, just unlucky with the ntsc-j ones

ot
5$ is a great deal ... i'm happy for all iphone/ipad/ipod users out there

HVL

Grossly overpriced telephone? To each his/her own, for me iPhone is a great phone, I'm constantly using many of its functions, the sync with my Macbook/iTunes is very nice, and App Store has some great games for the device.

Yeah, iPhone is a pretty cool phone, I give you that.

QuoteI could counter that again quoting ppl happily buying J360 with no warranty just to play full-priced SHMUP releases, but what for? I'm all for SHMUPs being in as many platforms possible, gaining more and more popularity in Japan and overseas. I don't get off to feeling of superiority/elitism that I'm one of selected few playing SHMUPs, and it looks like CAVE agrees, as they are trying expand their customer base.

I want to play the games because I love them, it has nothing to do with superiority or anything like that. Also, superiority in the internet, lol.

As for the warranty thing, it's complicated and sucks but I've long stopped caring -- I'd import a new one in a heartbeat if mine were ever to break down. You can get a J360 and all the ports, which soon cover all the 'best' (for me) CAVE titles, for the price of one recent SH3 game and a supergun. Now, that's what I call a steal.

It's nice CAVE is trying to expand their market but I think it's pretty insignificant at this point of time; phone ports and one messed up localization.

In the end, everything boils to this:

Quote from: inp on August 24, 2010, 05:46:38 PM
Also hobbies cost $, fact of life.

bcass

Not sure about the superiority bit.  There are definitely PCB owners who sometimes (try) to lord it over everyone.  Probably more prevalent on the shmups forum though.

LRussolo

It's interesting to see all the comments regarding iPhone ports of Cave titles. I know I'm greatful that Cave has decided to port ESPgaluda 2 to the iPhone since prior to it's release i did not have a 360. Plus I think the money that Cave stands to make on these relatively simple ports will help them continue to make great games.

I really have been playing ESPGaluda 2 iPhone Mode only after I realized I couldn't adapt to the multiple touch button interface of Arcade Mode. iPhone Mode seems better suited for the platform anyway and is a lot of fun in it's own right. The only thing that sucks about playing iPhone Mode is that no one is discussing strategies! There's a guy who has a 2bil+ score on OpenFeint and I can hardly break 350mil. Ahh... oh well.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I'm just trying to waste time while I'm waiting for Mushi Futari 1.5 to come in from play-asia. :)

antares

I just came home from work and saw that this is available now. Download in process... :)

Also I got my repaired JP X360 back today. It was repaired in Microsoft's Repair Center in Germany and I got my exact console back. So I can confirm if you live in Germany or one of the nearby countries (like me) you will get your jp console repaired and get it back.
Also the whole process only took 9 days and they sent me a 1 month Gold code together with the console.

brokenhalo

Quote from: LRussolo on August 25, 2010, 03:46:14 PMThe only thing that sucks about playing iPhone Mode is that no one is discussing strategies! There's a guy who has a 2bil+ score on OpenFeint and I can hardly break 350mil. Ahh... oh well.

it's basically just a ton of boss milking. seemingly each boss/midboss has a section that can be milked for gems repeatedly. i think i got it to the point where i could milk the stage 3 midboss for about 100mil. my best score was 575mil with ageha (number 10 on the leaderboards right now)

antares

Unlike ESPGaluda 2 this game has massive slowdown in the last stage on my iPod. It feels like it's running with a constant 15 frames at max.

Also it looks like SIN is already #1 on several of the games leaderboards.

brentsg

Well to be fair, stage 5 is pretty hard on the SH3 too.   :laugh:

EOJ

I downloaded this on my ipod touch today. Complete waste of money. Sliding my finger around the screen to play a STG is not fun. It just isn't.

Not worth $5. Would rather have a sandwich for that price. Would take it for free, however, to use when waiting on a bench for my wife to finish shopping at the mall. That's about the only time I would play it.

My score archive

LRussolo

Quote from: EOJ on August 26, 2010, 02:41:25 PM
I downloaded this on my ipod touch today. Complete waste of money. Sliding my finger around the screen to play a STG is not fun. It just isn't.

Not worth $5. Would rather have a sandwich for that price. Would take it for free, however, to use when waiting on a bench for my wife to finish shopping at the mall. That's about the only time I would play it.

I know you're the moderator, and I'm relatively new to posting on the forums... but just because you don't like it doesn't mean your opinion is fact. I recall reading a post you made in the video link thread some time back about how it doesn't matter whether you use a stick, keyboard, or gamepad, as long as you're skilled. Well consider touch controls a separate control method akin to using a stick or 360 pad. Doesn't mean the game is garbage.

lillin

The only problem i have with it is that, my fingers hurt because of that spin spin pachi crap :laugh:
Oh yeah, the the new music just does NOT fit DDP at all :-\

EOJ

Quote from: LRussolo on August 26, 2010, 03:02:01 PM
but just because you don't like it doesn't mean your opinion is fact.

Uh, where did I say it was a fact? Don't be a moron.
My score archive

emphatic

Quote from: LRussolo on August 26, 2010, 03:02:01 PMI recall reading a post you made in the video link thread some time back about how it doesn't matter whether you use a stick, keyboard, or gamepad, as long as you're skilled. Well consider touch controls a separate control method akin to using a stick or 360 pad.

Well, prolonged used of manic shooters will learn you one FACT. Digital controls is what counts. Touch screen/mouse is analogue. Did EOJ mention mouse, spinner, trackball or any other analogue controller?  :rolleyes: Touchy subject this. :P

EOJ

The problem with the iphone ports is you have no choice in the controls. Touch screen only. Games released on traditional platforms afford you the opportunity to choose which input method fits you best (pad, stick, even keyboard).

Also, good point about analog vs digital by emphatic.
My score archive

LRussolo

I'm not sure about me being a moron, but...

I agree with you for the most part, I think that manic/bullet hell/danmaku shooters are better suited for arcade style play with a controller, and monitor sizable enough to view all the action. And I can also understand your dismissal of the game and it's interface. It's not entirely responsive and doesn't bode well for people with big, manhands.

But I for one feel that this title, and ESPGaluda 2 (especially the added gamplay modes) are well worth the $5. Now you can take that anyway you want. I'm not versed in all things Cave or danmaku. I've played my share of Cave titles but probably not to the extent that you or others have. So if I'm not the biggest fan, or the most knowledgeable person on the subject, I'm ok with that. I don't think that it makes me a moron.

I'm just here to take part in the discussions. Didn't mean to offend you or anyone else. Apologies.