The "what NON-Cave game(s) are you playing right now?" thread

Started by EOJ, August 01, 2010, 09:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

I'm in the middle of Dragon Quest VI for the DS. Awesome remake.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

lmagus

HVL

Finished Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru Episode 6 yesterday. Well, I finished the main game ages ago but I read Tea Party and Ura Tea Party yesterday.

Going to start playing Project Diva 2 today, the first game was great even though I don't really like Miku nor her "voice."

I'm also playing Kanon and SHUFFLE!, but those have taken the backseat lately.

cstarflare

Resident Evil 5

The game is actually massively better when you have infinite ammo for your strongest weapons. It's fun to blow through, not so much fun to play cautiously.

Tesuman

Either Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia or Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.

Square King

cstarflare

Mother

Never really got into it before, but I'm loving it this time. Probably going to grab an repro cart so I can play it (again) on my NES.

But before that I really want to do a full playthrough of Dragon Warrior. I never finished it before, but if I can get through Mother I think I can finish DW.

I've got a couple of 360 games that are untouched too but I'm sure they can't compare to slow paced grindfest eight bit RPGs

Danza

Quote from: HVL on August 02, 2010, 12:12:26 PM
Finished Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru Episode 6 yesterday. Well, I finished the main game ages ago but I read Tea Party and Ura Tea Party yesterday.

I am only up to Episode 3 in Umineko no Naku Koro ni :-[ Another thing I wish I checked out sooner..

Also playing Saya no Uta and Nier (on 360).

brentsg

I've been picking up discount 360 games lately.  Several things that I passed up but decided were worth it in the sub $30 range.

-Blur
-Split/Second
-Darksiders
-Dirt 2

Been playing the Lego games with my kids too.

charlienash87

just picked up BlazeBlue CS. it's sort of a nice change from SSFIV. I don't have to tediously link something in a matter of 1 or 2 frames anymore, not that i could accurately do that to begin with. some of the combo challenges are almost a minute long!

also been playing Pump It Up NXA and Rival Schools :cool:
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

emphatic

Gemini Wing (PCB). It's like Mushihimesama, but from 1987.  :righton:

spl

Quote from: emphatic on August 18, 2010, 04:53:21 PM
Gemini Wing (PCB). It's like Mushihimesama, but from 1987.  :righton:

HAHA.. this game or R-Type was the very first shmup I ever played. (Outside of Space Invaders clone)

thestreetzking

currently playing Plants vs. zombies since it finally came to xboxlive

njiska

Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

dan76

About half way through Dead Space - Very good so far, the levels are a bit similar but that's the only gripe. Also, Transformers Cybertron Adventures on the Wii - one of the worst reviewed games, but I like it. Sedate pacing with the focus on accuracy. Looks like Tron.
XBL gamertag: durango76uk
www.1ccgames.com

HVL

RGC

Eternal Sonata, and yesterday I found a cheap copy of Tales of Vesperia. So, looks like I'll be busy for some time!

thestreetzking

Samurai Shodown, Raiden fighters Aces, and my absolute favorite, Black Tiger.

emphatic

thestreetzking

Quote from: emphatic on October 13, 2010, 08:15:28 PM
Quote from: thestreetzking on October 13, 2010, 07:12:22 PMmy absolute favorite, Black Tiger.

One of my favorites as well. Have you ever tried Rygar?

Havent played much Rygar but I also have a rastan pcb I play as well. Also into magic sword

lmagus

I just finished Resonance of Fate (excellent game by the way), now I'm wondering if I should go back to FFXIII or try something new (I've got Nier, Star Ocean 4 and Eternal Sonata)

kernow

fuse

Deadly Premonition. Easily dismissed as a budget title, but give it a couple of hours and it's got a great plot, great characters, loads of interesting gameplay elements, plenty of longevity, yadda yadda I could rant for a while. Jim Sterling's review at Destructoid, as well as being funny, is pretty accurate.

If you are open to the darkly comic / ridiculous, are not an complete A/V snob, and like good games, I cannot recommend it enough.

SuperPang

Quote from: kernow on October 15, 2010, 11:00:51 AM
Bayonetta - completely over the top mental.
Magnificent isn't it. Best combat system this side of DMC too.

kernow

I'm not usually a fan of these 3rd person hack n slash em ups with 10000 different button press combos (I usually end up just furiously mashing them) - but this does seem a strange world, and story - as well as being a solid game with some epic ass boss battles.

Thumbs up from me  :righton:

Edge 10/10? Nah, maybe an 8 or something, but it is fun for the money I paid (got the climax edition cheap, although I can't bring myself to care about a game soundtrack CD ever, let alone some art book).

HVL

Started 素晴らしき日々~不連続存在~ / subarashiki hibi ~furenzoku sonzai~. My vocab/kanji isn't that impressive but I'm managing ok so far, AGTH is a lifesaver since you can easily lookup unknown kanji and put them down for future. Fun and educational. :righton:

drunkninja

Decided to finally pick up the first Professor Layton game on DS, got a bit of catching up to do with that series, but the game seems great so far.

emphatic

Started to play Batsugun (Special Version) in MAME. MY GOD it's awesome!  :righton:

lillin

Been playing a lot of GBA games recently, including: Aria of Sorrow, Warioland 4, Drill Dozer , Scurge: Hive and Metroid Zero Mission.
I also rebought a copy of  one of my all time favourite games for the Famicom.... Kyatto Ninden Teyandee/ Samurai Pizza Cats =D I seriously don't know why, but i'm freaking addicted to that game.

thestreetzking

just found a bunch of snes and nes games so I picked up an FC twin after my snes decided to be gay. Im playing Ghosts n Goblins, and the first final fantasy!