Started by EOJ, August 18, 2010, 05:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

Where is an official (or at least credible) source saying the game lacks tate?
My score archive

njiska

So far the only source is Elixir and he claims his source for the tate information is secret. Which basically means he's a useless cocksucker who's probably pulling it out of his ass. You could try writing 5PB's PR dept and asking. I would if i knew the language.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

brentsg

At least this time he's got a 50% chance of being right.   :laugh:

EOJ

Secret sources!  :laugh: Gotta love it.

I wouldn't be surprised if a tate option is excluded, but I'll wait for some credible source to come along with this info.
My score archive

njiska

Quote from: EOJ on January 23, 2011, 09:14:26 PM
Secret sources!  :laugh: Gotta love it.

I wouldn't be surprised if a tate option is excluded, but I'll wait for some credible source to come along with this info.

Agreed. The decision to place all your information outside of the game window made me suspicious about tate from the beginning. I guess we'll know for sure by march.

EOJ

Write up from a Japanese guy, with a new video in the link:

http://konaken.jugem.jp/?eid=284

He says the cancelled bullets don't add much (if anything) to your score, and the scoring feels more like games from Seibu, rather than Cave. Graphics are said to be excellent.
My score archive

hipgnosis

The gameplay looks kind of weird. The player cancels all the bullets before they are even close to him and the game seems very easy. It's not gonna be very interesting if the difficult doesn't ramp up dramatically.

charlienash87

Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

EOJ

My score archive

emphatic

It does look like a lot of fun. I might pick this up in a couple of months.

EOJ

I'll get it when the price drops a bit. $90 shipped for this is too much.
My score archive

hipgnosis

The scoring system is starting to make sense: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/02/10/bullet_hell_how_to/ Might be a pretty challenging game if you are going for a high score. Reminds me a bit of Mushi Futari BL Original.

Medal

Whoa, awesome. It's like Dangun without the collection. I may have to trade my DFK1.5 for this sometime down the line.

drunkninja

Ehhhhh........I still dunno.  Everything I'm seeing just has so little dodging.  They just blow up enemies then their bullets become harmless.  Not really my kinda thing :-\

Medal

KOA

After watching the most recent video, I'm pretty hyped up for it more than I was before.
Also, off-topic but...

Quote from: EOJ on January 24, 2011, 03:19:30 AM
Write up from a Japanese guy, with a new video in the link:

http://konaken.jugem.jp/?eid=284

He says the cancelled bullets don't add much (if anything) to your score, and the scoring feels more like games from Seibu, rather than Cave. Graphics are said to be excellent.

She*  =D

tiobilli

?Tate mode is (not) confirmed? Is this game closer to a Cave game?

njiska

denpanosekai just wrote me. Apparently 5PB says it's region-free.

TheSoundofRed

I really like the way this game looks. Sad it seems to lack any other modes other than the shown arcade mode. Not sure if it's worth the price of admission at this point.

EOJ

Alright, I caved and preordered this. Hopefully it will be good.  :)
My score archive

emphatic

Icemael

Do we know if it can TATE to the left, too?

emphatic

Quote from: Icemael on April 01, 2011, 09:46:29 AM

I think it's safe to assume so. If you zoom in on that image, the PORTRAIT setting has a + before the value. Also, 5pb has done two TATE enabled CAVE ports already, so they should know what's what.  :)

njiska

antares

Quote from: emphatic
Pre-ordered!  :righton:

Maybe you should have waited until 4:3 support is confirmed. They could still pull out a Guwange with this ;)

emphatic

Well, that's really a worst case scenario. But as it's region free, I can always sell it here in Sweden quite easily.  :facepalm: But as it has smoothing on/off, individual scaling and zoom I just have to trust my gut.

Icemael

Quote from: emphatic on April 01, 2011, 12:50:14 PM
Quote from: Icemael on April 01, 2011, 09:46:29 AM
I think it's safe to assume so. If you zoom in on that image, the PORTRAIT setting has a + before the value. Also, 5pb has done two TATE enabled CAVE ports already, so they should know what's what.  :)
Cool. I'll probably get this, then.

EOJ

Early indications are this game is pretty awesome. Famitsu X360 gave it 8/9/8/7. Some of the reviewers' comments were:

-Light difficulty, a wide range of bonuses, and the game kicks in to high gear in the second loop
-In the first loop, you can make patterns just by destroying enemies, but in the second loop, you'll have to do a lot of bullet dodging too. The game has been finely balanced, and it's just magnificent.
-On the surface it looks like a Danmaku shooter, but underneath it's really more of an old-school shooter. A lot of strategy is required.
-I wish I could have found this game in an Arcade 10 years ago.

My copy has shipped so I should have it by the weekend. Can't wait to dig in. :)
My score archive

EOJ

More info:

-No options to change difficulty or number of lives
-Autobomb ON/OFF
-Unlimited credits
-4:3 screen support! There are five main screen options: hori (display outside), hori (display inside), rotate 90 (display inside), rotate 180 (display inside), rotate 270 (display inside).
My score archive