Main Menu

Mushihimesama HD [X360]

Started by EOJ, December 28, 2011, 02:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lam47

Back on topic.

Just been watching some videos of 1.5 and think it looks really good.
The HD remake is stunning. Are the backgrounds also HD or not?

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Monouchi

Quote from: EOJ on March 14, 2012, 02:04:04 AM
Sounds like the PS3 almost got this game too:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35919934&postcount=3173

Well, the PS3 is doing a lot better than the 360 in Japan, so maybe we will see a game on that platform from cave.

EOJ

Info from that post from neogaf, and what Asada posted on his blog, sound more like they're moving to next gen systems.
My score archive

Monouchi

Quote from: EOJ on March 14, 2012, 02:17:54 AM
Info from that post from neogaf, and what Asada posted on his blog, sound more like they're moving to next gen systems.

Well, thats true, the next Xbox is not far off.

THE

Quote from: Monouchi on March 14, 2012, 02:21:45 AM

Rumors say it will be the WII-U. Which makes the most sense too. I doubt Cave will put their money once again on an under dog or if they will then it would be the bombed Vita.
The future is 2D

Special World

Quote from: Monouchi on March 14, 2012, 02:13:00 AM
Quote from: EOJ on March 14, 2012, 02:04:04 AM
Sounds like the PS3 almost got this game too:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35919934&postcount=3173

Well, the PS3 is doing a lot better than the 360 in Japan, so maybe we will see a game on that platform from cave.

keep dreaming

Monouchi

Daverost

Quote from: THE on March 14, 2012, 05:41:26 AM
Quote from: Monouchi on March 14, 2012, 02:21:45 AM

Rumors say it will be the WII-U. Which makes the most sense too. I doubt Cave will put their money once again on an under dog or if they will then it would be the bombed Vita.

Last I heard they were going to make an original shooter for Vita. Did that end up getting cancelled?

And do we really need to start an argument over whether or not Vita is bombing with careless comments like that?

EOJ

Quote from: Daverost link=topic=1514.msg28811#msg28811

Last I heard they were going to make an original shooter for Vita. Did that end up getting cancelled?

No cancellation has been announced.
My score archive

THE

Quote from: Daverost on March 14, 2012, 10:00:54 AM
And do we really need to start an argument over whether or not Vita is bombing with careless comments like that?

Nope. The current state of the Vita in Japan is not good though...I had hoped that it will be very successfully and we get some Cave horis on it.
The future is 2D

Daverost

Quote from: EOJ on March 14, 2012, 10:45:07 AM
No cancellation has been announced.

Didn't think so. I'm glad. Even if it never gets localized, I can still import it without an region locking worries (aside from DLC). The proposed Vita game was one of the four or five reasons I bought my Vita.

Terramax

Quote from: TimingTripod40 on March 10, 2012, 04:22:25 AMIt's also pretty dumb to ask for region free at this as I'm pretty sure anyone who likes the genre enough to want to play the Japan only games would have already had enough time to save up for and buy a J360 by this point.

Not at all. I'm still relying on region free as I don't have all the money in the world. All the cave games I've bought have been either the platinum region free releases, or ones released in the UK under the Rising Star publishing name.

And I know a lot of other people, at least in the UK, who don't have JP 360s.

Also - ?90 for the LE :o

Quote from: SinHo on January 31, 2012, 02:46:04 AM
Not sure if want to see mushi 1.5 ported to xbox360.

Why!? Well, from my point of view it would be to ass fuck all PCB collectors and on a personal level, I have to think twice before i spend +2000USD for a "Limited" PCB. In the long run CAVE needs to keep some part of there games exclusive to PCB or in the end ppl will lose interest in collecting or actually take the time to visit a arcade ...

Well, if console owners are having to wait as long for a port as they have with Mushi, I can't imagine this being the case. Anyone who has the money to buy PCBs are more than likely to buy one than wait up to a few years for a port.

TimingTripod40

Quote from: Terramax on March 23, 2012, 04:08:01 AM
Quote from: TimingTripod40 on March 10, 2012, 04:22:25 AMIt's also pretty dumb to ask for region free at this as I'm pretty sure anyone who likes the genre enough to want to play the Japan only games would have already had enough time to save up for and buy a J360 by this point.

Not at all. I'm still relying on region free as I don't have all the money in the world. All the cave games I've bought have been either the platinum region free releases, or ones released in the UK under the Rising Star publishing name.

And I know a lot of other people, at least in the UK, who don't have JP 360s.

Also - ?90 for the LE :o
If you can afford a PAL 360 then you can afford a Japanese one. It's not like anyone is forcing you to buy every game that comes out.

Special World

It's really not that simple for a lot of people, TimingTripod.

It's not like people buy a second car because the first one doesn't get good enough gas mileage.

moozooh

It's usually that simple: you either sell your first car, or just buy the second one. The problem is the "I can has everything at once???" mentality that, while understandable, tends to contradict reality. It's annoying because, instead of solving the problem or dealing with it, it's leading to tired "region-free plz!!11" whine every time. One would think intelligent men would snap out of it the first time.

Most of us live in first-world countries and have jobs, 250$ or something for the Box + shipping is not a killer price to pay when the games themselves cost 80?120$ a piece. (Also, fuck consoles and their stupid pricing.)
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

Daverost

You make it sound like it's not a much better idea for all consoles to be completely region free in the first place and that we should all submit to our region-locking overlords by buying several consoles to encourage them.

moozooh

Yeah, and by making these wishful posts on forums like this you totally fuck the overlords over. They're trembling in fear every time you make a demand and commit suicide out of guilty conscience when your hopes aren't fulfilled.

What I make it sound like, is that there's a distinction between a realm of how I want and the realm of how it is. In the latter, posting on forums that neither the console makers nor professional game devs visit achieves exactly nothing. Again; this is not about how it should be, this is about either solving your problems or sucking it up.

neomoe

Quote from: moozooh on March 23, 2012, 08:25:50 AM
Most of us live in first-world countries and have jobs, 250$ or something for the Box + shipping is not a killer price to pay when the games themselves cost 80?120$ a piece. (Also, fuck consoles and their stupid pricing.)

Is the USA still considered a first-world country?  ???

hmm...

charlienash87

Moozooh makes all the region whining almost tolerable when he sticks it to em
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

A47A47

Let_It_Be

Quote from: neomoe on March 23, 2012, 12:36:41 PM

Is the USA still considered a first-world country?  ???

hmm...

I didn't know we had angsty teens that think it's edgy to say that the U.S. is comparable to Sub-Saharan Africa on this board.

EOJ

Quote from: A47A47 on April 05, 2012, 05:43:41 PM
Mushihimesama HD has gone gold.
http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2012/04/post-7c03.html

Nearly 2 months before the release date! They should have released it at the end of April.
My score archive

moozooh

Quote from: EOJ on April 05, 2012, 10:24:08 PMNearly 2 months before the release date!

Two months! Let's be honest here, I don't believe whatsoever that they've outdone themselves and managed to test this game for bugs, made a GUI at least as good as in Galuda II and DFK, and got comparably accurate slowdown in. I so hope that I'm wrong! Otherwise I'll risk running out of faces to palm.

EOJ

They should spend this month whipping up another arrange mode, like they did for the E2 port (with its Omake mode). Personally, I'd love a version of Mushi 1 with Futari 1.5 Maniac's scoring system.
My score archive

moozooh

Hmm, you sure they'd be able to do that at this point? From what I've gathered, they've already submitted the master to Microsoft, or whatever the process is, so I take it they can't make any changes at this point. Am I wrong?

Btw, that post in Asada's blog also says something about DFK BL DLC... uh... price drops? Any idea?

EOJ

My post was just wishful thinking.  I don't know about the logistics involved.

The DFK BL DLC thing is something they talked about earlier - they're dropping its price by 50% (to 600 points) the week of DFK BL's budget release (April 26).
My score archive

moozooh

Oh, nice, thanks for the tip. I considered getting the DLC at some point for the soundtrack options and access to leaderboards, but that definitely seals the deal.

Monouchi

Quote from: EOJ on April 06, 2012, 07:43:43 AM
Personally, I'd love a version of Mushi 1 with Futari 1.5 Maniac's scoring system.

That would have been awesome.

Let_It_Be

Let's just hope we get tate.