Mushihime-sama Futari Black Label [Strats]

Started by EOJ, January 05, 2008, 07:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cstarflare

What's the best way to get gems to shed with Reco when playing Original? It seems to have a lot to do with the positioning of her options (I've had midbosses shed when I was hiding at the bottom of the screen), which is usually more problematic when using the A shot.

It's really frustrating because I can hit 22k on the first stage with Palm, but I've never broken 16k with Reco. I really like using her (that wide shot is so nice) but capitalizing on the scoring system seems really hard with her.

Exo

Hi there.
Would be awesome if someone could tell me how to force the first boss into his 3-way flame throwing attack (second part of his first phase).
Thanks ! :)
-edit-
Seems like all i had to do after all was just stand infront of his face for the pattern change ^^

HVL

Quote from: Exo on October 08, 2010, 02:51:34 PM
Hi there.
Would be awesome if someone could tell me how to force the first boss into his 3-way flame throwing attack (second part of his first phase).
Thanks ! :)
-edit-
Seems like all i had to do after all was just stand infront of his face for the pattern change ^^

Yeah, stop shooting and wait for it. Particularly useful in Maniac as you can jack up the multiplier to x9999 with the flames.

Exo

Quote from: cstarflare on June 05, 2010, 12:40:54 AM
What's the best way to get gems to shed with Reco when playing Original? It seems to have a lot to do with the positioning of her options (I've had midbosses shed when I was hiding at the bottom of the screen), which is usually more problematic when using the A shot.

It's really frustrating because I can hit 22k on the first stage with Palm, but I've never broken 16k with Reco. I really like using her (that wide shot is so nice) but capitalizing on the scoring system seems really hard with her.

I'm not sure what you are getting at here.
If you are refering to bl's original mode you have to adjust your shots according to your counter.
Its also very important to kill enemies up close (just like eojs guide says..did you even read it ?^^)
Its also not too hard to get over 70k on the first stage (including the end-of-stage-scores. without them its quite alot harder but possible ^^)

Hm lets see...how can i describe the stage 1 route..
Well basically youre realy just camping at the top of the screen 99% of the time and kill everything with the needed shot type to rack up as many large gems as possible..
Oh something more or less important:
a lot of the medium sized enemies in stage 1 have a short invincibility phase upon spawning which you can milk to increase your counter alot faster. you should toy around with that.
Hope that helps..somewhat.

@HVL: Make that x30000 in godmode cause thats what im playing ^^
Still doesnt work all the time though which is pissing me off :/ Guess I havent found the right spot yet >_>

cstarflare

Quote from: Exo on October 09, 2010, 09:24:15 AMI'm not sure what you are getting at here.
If you are refering to bl's original mode you have to adjust your shots according to your counter.
Its also very important to kill enemies up close (just like eojs guide says..did you even read it ?^^)
Its also not too hard to get over 70k on the first stage (including the end-of-stage-scores. without them its quite alot harder but possible ^^)

I was referring to "shedding" gems with your shot by being close; I found it much easier with Palm because of how Reco's options moved. I still do, but since the DVD came out I think I understand Reco a bit better.

Third_strike

Is there something with I can do in 2nd pattern from 2nd boss?

Aliquantic

Third_strike

I was asking about the 2nd pattern from 1st segment of life bar from 2nd boss. EOJ is saying about the 2nd segment.

ookitarepanda

Quote from: Third_strike on August 30, 2011, 11:37:38 AM
I was asking about the 2nd pattern from 1st segment of life bar from 2nd boss. EOJ is saying about the 2nd segment.

My typical route is to stay right under the guy, out of the way of the purple bullets he shoots out to the sides. The pink ones he seems to fire at random down the middle aren't all that hard to dodge, you just have to not be afraid of bullets and know where your hitbox is.

Here's a shitty video I made when comparing the 360 port with the International Black Label PCB: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfHn_HiDzgA