The "what Cave game(s) are you playing right now?" thread

Started by EOJ, January 18, 2008, 08:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adpag

Espgaluda 2 on iPod Touch (and now iPad). Upgraded iPod Touch to 3rd gen just to play this. :righton:

lam47

Any chance esp2 might be ported to Android? And for that matter are there any good shooters. I have a HTC desire.

ave

Quote from: adpag on June 05, 2010, 09:49:40 AM
Espgaluda 2 on iPod Touch (and now iPad).

What does it look like on an iPad? Won't it look a little blurry because of the higher resolution?
東亜プラン4ライフ

zlk

I am finally going to put some time into playing dodonpachi.   :righton:

brentsg

Quote from: ave on June 06, 2010, 08:39:28 AM
Quote from: adpag on June 05, 2010, 09:49:40 AM
Espgaluda 2 on iPod Touch (and now iPad).

What does it look like on an iPad? Won't it look a little blurry because of the higher resolution?

It does a little bit I guess but it still looks very good.  I really hope that future releases get an iPad resolution mode.  The size is really sweet for this type of game.

Of course you can play it in iPhone mode at the normal resolution and size if you wish.

Tesuman

I made the trip to Akiba to play Pink Sweets.  I'm diggin' it.

Otherwise, it's been Deathsmiles II X and Ketsui EX.

markedkiller78

I?ve been playing Ibara for the last few weeks. It?s making me less angry this time around, but it?s a hard slog.

Due to the rank, you need to keep your medals up & score well on each stage. If you miss an extend, run about with 3 lives in stock or stupidly play with 3 Napalm / homing missiles its game over very quickly :(

I prefer how relaxed MMP & APB are with rank, but I?m going to stick with Ibara until I can get to L5 regularly, then I?ll take a break for a month or so. When you figure out rank control it?s so much easier (but I still fuck it up more often than not)

I don?t know if it?s just my lack of experience with the game, but it seems to be pretty much impossible to come back from a mistake. I think that's the biggest criticism I have

anji2128

Deathsmiles (360)
Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360)
Ketsui: Death Label (NDS)
Donpachi (PCB - We have it at the game store I work at)

sh00g

Been playing DDP DOJ BL almost exclusively on 360 for 1-2 weeks.

I get completely trashed right after stage 3 midboss. I just haven't figured out the right way to handle the rotating disc barrage on top of the huge columns that take a ridiculous amount of fire before going down.

The one time I get to stage 4 I felt like a badass, but I've never been able to do it again.  :laugh:

cstarflare

I was going to upload my MBL 1.1 score to youtube until I watched it and realized that it's got a lot of really embarrassing mistakes. Started playing again; my new goal is to hit 1 mil on the counter before heading into an extra stage. I got 950k tonight, and it wasn't a perfect run by any means.

Once I do that I can focus on not losing three lives on Ozir. :|

crackfox

Danza

Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 Original is my main focus at the moment.

I will get past stage 4 one of these days, hnnng.

Also been playing Ketsui. It really kicks my arse.

CIB

Bought futari 1.5 on saturday, getting a lot of pleasure with it  =D
Also bought espgaruda II yesterday but left it in his box, will try it next week :)

Aquas

Mushihimesama Futari 1.5, Original mode.

Been grinding away for a 330mil+ score with Abnormal Reco, she's fun but the deaths are becoming aggrivating especially in stage 4, looking to no-miss at least untill Larsa but it hasn't happened yet.  I did get a 337mil score that I may submit but I know I can do better if I get that good run.  I'm looking at 380million which would be great.  There's always something sneaky in stage 4 that gets me.  I did get to stage 5 no-miss today but got nervous and lost a life somewhat early in the stage, grr! But in that same run I no-missed no-bombed Larsa which was a first for me at least with Abnormal Reco.  

Still trying to get the first extend before the midboss turtle in St. 2.  I've been getting closer.  Lovin' it... I'm surprised fewer people play Abnormal Reco, she really feels like the advanced type for people who are familiar with the stages, it's kind of a rush to get those options locked onto big enemies then making that mad dash to the back of the screen.  The way the options jut out when you first focus the shot seems to emphasize the green aura gem collection, they jut out then return to a neutral position (kind of closer to Reco) if they don't lock onto anything.  It's a good thing they do jut out like that or else she'd really be a pain to play.

The fun never stops with this game, and I've barely touched Maniac mode :O

Medal

I've recently unboxed my 360 again to play Futari. I decided to redeem my 1.01 code instead of selling it, so I'm playing Maniac. It's really cool, but the scoring is way different. Though the less scoring in a Mushi game, the better for me. None of the scoring systems have ever blown my skirt up.

EDIT: This is actually Dangun Feveron. I'm having a hard time with it lately. I went from getting ~4M+ and reaching stage 5 to gameovering constantly at the stage 3 boss or earlier.

Third_strike

dcharlie

finally got some free time after months of works hell - back hitting Dodonpachi PCB

strongly considering adding another Cave PCB to the collection as a "we made it" present to self :)

drunkninja

Working on a 1-ALL in Ketsui right now, still getting trashed in Stage 4 and especially 5 when I can make it there.

Sepeh

Been playing Deathsmiles with my cab since Halloween.

1CC run always gets hammered in Extra stage. Need to pratice more.

Medal

I started playing Ibara again. Haven't yet broken my A,9, but I'm getting far more consistent at the first three stages (and learning slightly better techniques for some parts). All I need to do is stop screwing up the stage 3 boss (I am terrible at milking that thing) and get a controller with autofire. Not having autofire is a total drag.

emphatic

I'm gonna start working on ESPGALUDA II Omake! again. I watched that stage one clip that was available here at one time again today, and a world of awesomeness opened up before my eyes. Gonna try to score at least 80 million on stage one.

HVL

DFK Ver 1.5 and Futari Ver 1.5 Maniac.

Cream of the crop. :righton:

Sapz

Back to Ketsui while I wait for DFK to arrive. The target is 150m. ;) Getting further into the loop wouldn't hurt, either.

jheiger

Playing DeathSmiles right now.  1cc'd it with Rosa on low rank in 360 mode.  Now working on surviving rank 3 and scoring well.  plenty to do.

I am trying to get the 1cc with Windia now as well but i hit a wall with the final boss.  I want to no bomb jitterbug to get the 2up but i usually fall apart trying for it.

cstarflare

Espgaluda Arrange, again

Hit stage 5 last night, finally. Would like to break 200 mil some day. Sadly, I don't see a clear in my future.

exersia

Decided to break away from Espgaluda's arcade mode and started playing arrange seriously for the first time. Always looking for areas to score bigger with the increased heavy bullet rain.

Monouchi

Working on my 1cc on DFK 1.51 Blue ship/STRONG.

Gets to the last boss (Big Bee)....but I have some trouble with the stage 5 laser rings.  :(

ssfsx17

Guwange XBOX Arrange mode - trying to do it 1cc

Espgaluda II Black Label Novice - trying to do it no-miss, including True Seseri

Mushihimesama Futari Arrange Novice, God Mode - trying to do it no-miss until at least Spiritual Larsa

Uo Poko - not nearly as much as the above, but nice for getting some upside-down Puzzle Bobble action in.

bitkid

Finally ordered a copy of Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 for the 360 and downloaded the Black Label DLC. I can't believe the level of detail in this game compared to previous Cave titles. I played Mushihimesama on PS2 but wasn't all that impressed with it, however I feel just the opposite about Futari. I can see why EOJ holds this game in such high regard. Now I just need to get a decent controller or stick for 360 since playing on a 360 pad is pretty much ass.

jheiger

Started playing espgaluda 2.  Got it for Christmas.  It has been a real system shock going from deathsmiles to this from a difficulty standpoint.  I am starting to get the hang of it though...