Dangun Feveron [M2, PS4/XB1 2018]

Started by EOJ, August 14, 2010, 03:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcass

Japan is probably where most of the sales came from, but given how tiny that market is (especially for XBLA, which is mostly Western titles) I wouldn't say its appearance in the Japan Top Downloads tells us anything significant about sales figures.  Even titles that have sold less than 5K appear in the Western chart so I imagine it wouldn't take much for a game to appear in the Japanese chart.

Just had a look at the leaderboards, and there's a paltry 2840 entries.  Sure, not everyone will have uploaded a score, but even 5 times that figure would indicate dismal sales.

Aliquantic

Where does it rank on the Japanese top download list, and how do you check it on a Marketplace basis? My main gamertag is in Japan and I used the browsing list sorted out by download popularity, but it sounds like your method would be a lot better :)

2840 isn't actually bad at all for leaderboards compared to many other Cave games (even JP Deathsmiles is pretty sparse, and MMP/PS is a joke) but sadly it's far more probable people just use Score Attack a lot more for XBLA titles.

Oh, and how about looking at the respective standings of Cave games at TrueAchievements and similar websites (which should be Western biased)? It doesn't look good either :s

bcass

All I did was use an elastic band to hold the left stick in the down position on the leaderboard and checked it about 30 minutes later when it got to the end of the list.

I still posit that the reason we havent' seen Dangun on XBLA is because Guwange didn't reach its sales target (50k).  That won't have been some arbitrary figure either, it's not cheap getting games up onto XBLA.  There are publishing costs, developer costs, ratings costs and certification costs.  Then on top of all that, you have Microsoft themselves taking a large chunk of the revenue.

trev1976

Quote from: njiska on August 14, 2010, 09:36:07 AM
maybe we'll get lucky and finally see a Uo Poko and Mushihimetama combo release.

Oh yes please

EOJ

I'll buy this today or tomorrow. Not in a big rush as I've never been a fan of the game. But you gotta support M2 and Cave.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

OK I bought it last night. Again, not a game I like that much, but I was still dazzled by the presentation M2 has provided, as well as the beautiful scanlines at 1080p. The game itself plays wonderfully. I'm not an expert on the PCB but this seems pretty accurate to me. All for just $35!
My score archive

EOJ

New update to Ver 1.04 today:

https://m2stg.com/en/dangun-feveron/ps4/news.php#sec-news190130

Bug fixes:

-Fix defect of getting another ranking information. Manipulating specific operation while viewing ranking.

-Other various small fixes.
My score archive