Dodonpachi Saidaioujou [Cave 2012, ARCADE]

Started by joeks, December 21, 2011, 02:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brentsg

moozooh

Most excellent, seems it turned out to be just as I hoped it to! Thanks a lot for the detailed impressions!
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

rtw

Quote from: THE on April 20, 2012, 04:18:12 AM
Could anyone see which PCB revision it is?

From the packing pictures earlier in this thread it looks like CV1000D

edit:
http://ameblo.jp/cave-cs-stg-dev/image-11225549238-11920944492.html

@THE, Thank you for making Gunlord  =D
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

EOJ

It looked like their recent hardware - SH3 board with no battery.

Here are the pics I snapped of the game being installed at a-cho arcade in Kyoto today at around 11am:

During the second and third pics the guy had to run and get something and just left everything there in front of me for over a minute - no one else was around! Were I a thief I could have nabbed the PCB and bolted for the door, but alas, I have a conscience.  :)
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

MikeNeko

EOJ

This one?

The new post says they set up the game in those two cabs in the lobby of their offices, but you can't walk in off the street and play it. It's only for Cave employees and guests.

The cab on the left shows the trial mode (red section of the screen) I mentioned before.

Nice poster on the wall there too, must be the kit poster.

EDIT: lol at the POP - it says Shot and Laser are "Easy", while Expert is "Hard".
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

ProMeTheus

Can't wait to try this out, maybe someone from Paris will have bought it by Japan Expo in July >.<
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting better : Check it out !

SuperPang

Sounds amaze.
WHERES MY TRACKING NUMBER DAMN IT

SuperPang

Quote from: x91 on April 20, 2012, 03:56:00 AM
There were reports that the game could crash and get stuck often... EOJ did you encounter any of these?
Are you talking about the loke version?

dan76

Quote from: EOJ on April 20, 2012, 03:34:53 AM
So the result is you have to dodge a lot, and it really brings back that great feeling of dodging bullets that has not been as prominent in some recent Cave titles.

Getting back to SDOJ, the bullet patterns are so well designed that dodging them successfully is a great thrill and just becomes more and more fun and rewarding as you go through the game. I think this is the game's greatest accomplishment.

This is great news, it's something Cave seemed to forget about for a while, or at least it wasn't a priority when designing games. I don't like chaining myself but have always enjoys Dodonpachi and DOJ as survival shooters, this sounds like a worthy successor. Thanks for the impressions!
XBL gamertag: durango76uk
www.1ccgames.com

MikeNeko

Quote from: ProMeTheus on April 20, 2012, 06:24:41 AM
Can't wait to try this out, maybe someone from Paris will have bought it by Japan Expo in July >.<

Lyon is your best bet in France, an arcade had DFK and DFK BL close to the release date (and cheap credit)... since i live in Paris (close anyway), i ll check at la tete dans les nuages just in case from time to time.

EOJ: yep that one :) ima dake 60byou muryou!! ima sugu start button wo ose! <- i wish i could ><
sweet dreams, lucky you ;)

moozooh

Today I had some time before work to watch a SDOJ live stream by some Japanese dude, and his PCB froze on stage 4. Didn't have enough time to wait for him to reach it again.

It appears that a bugfixed version (1.01?) will be in order yet again. :laugh: Oh Cave! :whyioughtta:

EDIT: It was this guy: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/yousan

EDIT 2: He's streaming at the moment, and it keeps freezing on stage 4 every time I see him get there. :facepalm:

EDIT 3: If EOJ hasn't seen it freeze at least until the stage 4 midboss it might be that it only freezes if you feed credits.

Muchi Muchi Spork

Yeah I've been watching it. It will be recalled for sure I think for a bug fix. Expert looks hard as hell now.

Van_Artic

another livestream from ISO, chrono and others

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/えびせんtv

extra life is after you defeat stage 4 midboss i think :P

TimingTripod40

They just showed ISO playing Expert on that stream and it looks amazing. It felt like I was watching that Ultra mode Larsa vid for the first time all over again. I eagerly anticipate the patterns losing their novelty, though, after I've invested several hundred hours into the game without clearing like with Ultra.  :laugh:

Muchi Muchi Spork

Snagged these from a stream after it crashed.

Grab it because tinypic will surely delete it soon.

Monouchi

SFN

You made it sound several times better than what I expected it to be. I can't wait for the upcoming videos.

moozooh

emphatic

Thanks a lot for the review, EOJ! Was the Blast City marquee part of the kit or was it a cut up promotional poster?

A47A47

I played SDOJ at a-cho. I felt that stage-1,2 and 3 are much milder than 2nd location test version.
I played 2nd test version over 10 times and never be able to beat stage3-misboss.
But today I beated it on my 1st play and was beated by stage4-midboss on my 2nd gameplay.
http://tange.sakuratan.com/img/ddpsdoj_bs_827128738.jpg

I felt that there's a difficulty gap between stage3 and 4.
From the beginning of stage4, more small enemies appears, large enemies fires more bullets, and much more midbosses and bosses.

And I heard the way to emerge 1up item: destroy all parts of stage4-midboss and beat stage4-midboss with using no bombs.

eckart

Thanks EOJ for the good news!

Watches the the videos. Realy like also the last two stages.
The bosses got some realy long breath, imo.

Wonder what this warpanimation on the midboss in level 5 means at the end of the video.
Maybe a second route or something. Anyway, don`t think i will get there anytime soon.:)

http://livetube.cc/%E3%81%BF%E3%81%93%E3%81%8C%E3%81%BF/%E6%9C%80%E5%A4%A7%E5%BE%80%E7%94%9F

Muchi Muchi Spork

The stage 4 crash has been fixed by Cave, Fujita says. We'll see if they update the boot screen. They didn't update it when they fixed the hiscore bug in Mushihimesama Matsuri 1.5.

eckart

And why crashed it if cave has fix it? Was it an old unfixed pcb witch wasn`t updated?

JOW

Quote from: Muchi Muchi Spork on April 20, 2012, 04:58:42 PM
They didn't update it when they fixed the hiscore bug in Mushihimesama Matsuri 1.5.

...is this the counterstop bug you are talking about or was there another hi-score bug?

CIB

Quote from: MikeNeko on April 20, 2012, 07:21:25 AM
Quote from: ProMeTheus on April 20, 2012, 06:24:41 AM

Lyon is your best bet in France, an arcade had DFK and DFK BL close to the release date (and cheap credit)...

They've been trying to sell their DFK BL to buy this one ^^
Can't wait to play it

Muchi Muchi Spork

Quote from: eckart on April 20, 2012, 05:04:14 PM

And why crashed it if cave has fix it? Was it an old unfixed pcb witch wasn`t updated?

The news came today that it got fixed so it appears it was fixed after some had already shipped out. My friend who preordered is getting his sent back to Cave to update before it even comes to him.

Quote from: JOW on April 20, 2012, 05:09:47 PM
Quote from: Muchi Muchi Spork on April 20, 2012, 04:58:42 PM
They didn't update it when they fixed the hiscore bug in Mushihimesama Matsuri 1.5.

...is this the counterstop bug you are talking about or was there another hi-score bug?

Different bug. I don't know if they ever fixed the counterstop bug. The hiscores didn't save if you turned continues off in the service mode. Not exactly a bad bug but it's significant in that they didn't update the boot screen when they fixed it.

eckart

Thanks for the info!
I will ask Yumi if i will get a fixed pcb or an unfixed one..

Muchi Muchi Spork

I think I would tell them bugfixed or refund but it's not my money...

eckart

If i get an unfixed one, i am sure i will get an free update for sure.

-become the trackingnumbers for my stuff bevore i read it, so it was to late anyway...