Mushihime-sama Futari Black Label [Strats]

Started by EOJ, January 05, 2008, 07:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Pretty bare bones at the moment, but it will develop over time.

CHANGES FROM 1.5>BL
-Background colors were changed (e.g. stage 3 is darker, and stage 5 is at dusk)
-Gem colors were darkened.
-Every stage involves numerous changes in enemy patterns, placement, and bullet spreads. It almost feels like a whole new game.
-Every mode has more bullets, and they are faster than in 1.5.
-The bullet patterns of bosses have been sped up, and most boss fights are harder now, particularly in Maniac mode.
-Shot types are no longer selectable, instead one powerful shot is available for each character (which are more or less combinations of Normal+Abnormal from 1.5)
-God mode was added, Ultra was deleted
-A new TLB "Spiritual Larsa" was added, only available in God mode. You must no-miss God mode (including the ST5 boss fight) to reach her.
-Harsher penalties for bombing including a reduction of 6000 on the stage counter with every bomb in Original mode, and a zero end game bonus if you finish with no bombs in stock (see below).
-Extends are different (100mil, 200mil for Original mode; 150mil, 250mil for Maniac mode; 350mil, 700mil for God Mode). The fixed extend in Stage 5 is the same.

BASICS
Controls and so forth are the same from ver 1.5, so see that guide for details.

END OF GAME CLEAR BONUS
Your clear bonus at the end of the game is calculated by the formula 10mil x XLives x XBombs. For example, if you end the game with 2 lives and 3 bombs, you will get a total clear bonus of 60mil (10x2x3), while if you end with 3 lives and 1 bomb you only get 30mil (10x3x1). Thus, you should suicide at the end of the last boss fight if you have 1 or 0 bombs in stock (and 2 or more remains) in order to get a higher clear bonus. Be aware that if you end the game with no bombs in stock you get zero points for your spare lives (as 0x10mil=0).

If you fight and beat Spiritual Larsa, your end bonus is DOUBLED. So there is a real incentive to fight her, if you want a top score in God mode.

SCORING
ORIGINAL MODE
-Change C to A shot every 3000 on the counter. The game sounds a chime when you need to switch.
-Killing enemies at close range gives you more gems. Larger enemies "shed" small gems before they die.
-When your stage counter maxes at 9999, the overall counter starts flashing. At this point, you get large gems to "shed" off of medium and large sized enemies. The tradeoff is the rank jacks up and the bullets start moving faster. The higher your overall counter gets, the faster the bullets become. Once it is over 100,000 things get very fast indeed. A 200,000+ counter is definitely possible though.

MANIAC MODE
-When your chaining meter is flashing red and you use the C shot, your multiplier counter increases rapidly, much like Mushi 1. The further away you get from the target, the slower the increase becomes. This is very useful on bosses and midbosses, and large enemies. However, it does not work on some bosses (like the stage 3 boss).
-Your multiplier carries over from stage to stage.
-It plays the same as 1.5's Maniac in most other respects.

GOD MODE
-Multiplier maxes at 30,000
-Your multiplier carries over from stage to stage.
-From 9999+ the counter will flash. At this point your counter will increase rapidly if you use the C shot, just like in Maniac mode. Also, when the counter is at this level it is actually more beneficial to kill enemies, except ones that produce a ton of gems, at close range with the C shot instead of pressing A when the chaining meter is flashing red.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

Alright, let's discuss specific strats in the stages.

I'll start with GOD MODE. I am having problems with two main parts (both with Reco):

1)Second half of Stage 3
2)Stage 5 midboss

How do you deal with those waves of enemies from the sides? Do you stay on one side of the screen and let them come to you,
or sweep back and forth to clear them out (I find more success with the former than the latter tactic)?

With the ST5 midboss, I find I have to bomb at least once, usually twice. It's the one part of the game where
Reco really sucks (This midboss is a piece of cake with Palm, as he takes it down in a matter of seconds).
Is there any trick to this?

Also, what's your technique for the ST3 midboss? I have to use 1 bomb in the middle of the fight, then I finish it off with the shot.
My score archive

gsl

I'm sorry, this doesn't answer any of your questions, but I had a few questions of my own to ask about the initial write-up:
In Original mode, what do you mean by one should change from C to A shot every 3,000 on the stage counter?  Is this "Use C shot for 3000 points, then use A shot for 3000 points", or just to toggle briefly between the two when you hit a multiple of 3000?  How does one tell if one is doing it right or needs to switch?

Also, as the bullet speed increases with the stage counter and the stage counter loses 6,000 points per bomb used, I take it that bombing is an occasional strategy to drop rank at the expense of higher scoring?

EOJ

QuoteI'm sorry, this doesn't answer any of your questions, but I had a few questions of my own to ask about the initial write-up:
In Original mode, what do you mean by one should change from C to A shot every 3,000 on the stage counter?  Is this "Use C shot for 3000 points, then use A shot for 3000 points", or just to toggle briefly between the two when you hit a multiple of 3000?  How does one tell if one is doing it right or needs to switch?

I'm referring to the overall counter, not the score. So yes, every time it increases 3000, you need to switch buttons in order to continue to get large gems instead of small gems. You start off with the C shot, and switch to the A shot at 3000. Then back to C at 6000, and so on. It will be light green when you need to use the C shot, and blue when you should use the A shot. It also sounds a chime when you should switch.

QuoteAlso, as the bullet speed increases with the stage counter and the stage counter loses 6,000 points per bomb used, I take it that bombing is an occasional strategy to drop rank at the expense of higher scoring?

Yes, if you just want a 1CC, you can bomb when the action gets too tight and the stage counter maxes at 9999, in order to lower the rank.
My score archive

gsl

Sorry, my terminology was a bit flawed--I did indeed understand that it was the stage counter and not overall score that you were talking about.  And thanks for the confirmation on the techniques.  What's a decently high score to pull off on stages 1 and 2 with Reco on original?

EOJ

I usually get 50mil on Stage 1, and about 130mil by the end of stage 2. That's not really great though.
Aim for 30-50 mil on ST1 and around 100mil at the end of ST2 when you're starting out on the game.
My score archive

EOJ

Some guys on 2Ch are claiming that to get Spiritual Rasa to appear you need to
destroy all of the lanterns in Stage 5 directly on top of them. You can't miss any, and you can't bomb any of them. This is pretty hard in some spots,
particularly during the descent of the last big dragon.
Apparently if you do so, you don't get the normal last boss, you get Spiritual Rasa instead.

Will have to wait for more confirmation, obviously (it is 2Ch after all). But it might be something worth trying.
If true, it's sorta nice that it's not a no miss/ no bomb requirement.
My score archive

KOMA

Too hard for me to meet Larsa one day (^^)
I found on 2 chan the others day a link about safe spot,technique,weird stuff footage.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1508371

EOJ

Very cool video, KOMA, but it's for 1.5, not BL.

I've been playing Original mode the past couple days, trying to get better with Palm.
I can now end stage 1 with an 18K counter, and stage 2 with 38-40 (my best is 41K).
Though even if you get a high counter, it doesn't necessarily mean you're going to get a high score.
Case in point: I had two runs today, in one I died twice in stage 3, once in Stage 4, and twice in Stage 5 to end with no
spare lives and 733mil. In the other run I no missed up to stage 5 with a 100K counter at the start of stage 5. I died once in the stage (on the midboss),
but got to the final boss with 4 spare lives. I only had 700mil though.  :? Somehow I pissed away all the spare lives on Larsa and ended with only 716mil total. WTF!!
My score archive

rtw

QuoteToo hard for me to meet Larsa one day (^^)
I found on 2 chan the others day a link about safe spot,technique,weird stuff footage.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1508371

Could you please tell me how to watch this video or upload it somewhere else ?

I'm having trouble with the Level 3 end boss, in original mode if anyone has any tips that would be helpful :D

rtw
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

CRI

QuoteSomehow I pissed away all the spare lives on Larsa
is this the new last boss?
is there already a video of the bossfight for download somewere?

EOJ

@CRI: it's the same last boss as in 1.5. Lots of vids are up on youtube and similar places.
My score archive

CRI

i know the 1.5 last boss.
i thought bl have a new last boss (because of the new character on the poster) when you reach the requirements for the new boss.

EOJ

Yes, BL does have an extra last boss, called "Spiritual Larsa". She's only available in God Mode, but there is no good
confirmation that anyone has been able to fight her yet. Lots of different theories are out there, but none have been fully confirmed yet.
My score archive

KOMA

QuoteVery cool video, KOMA, but it's for 1.5, not BL.

I've been playing Original mode the past couple days, trying to get better with Palm.
I can now end stage 1 with an 18K counter, and stage 2 with 38-40 (my best is 41K).
Though even if you get a high counter, it doesn't necessarily mean you're going to get a high score.
Case in point: I had two runs today, in one I died twice in stage 3, once in Stage 4, and twice in Stage 5 to end with no
spare lives and 733mil. In the other run I no missed up to stage 5 with a 100K counter at the start of stage 5. I died once in the stage (on the midboss),
but got to the final boss with 4 spare lives. I only had 700mil though.  :? Somehow I pissed away all the spare lives on Larsa and ended with only 716mil total. WTF!!
I was not sur about the BL or 1.5 ^^
Me too.The other day,i've made 50M,counter up to 15K in stage 1,up 40k in stage 2,100k in stage 4 with a no miss to the level 5 and the final score was inferior to my my high score.Pretty frustrating.....

EOJ

I've been playing Maniac mode again, and I found you CAN milk the stage 2 boss. :shock: Well, somewhat.
During the first "loop" of the second phase you can't do anything with those two balls it throws out, but during the second loop,
you can burst them for a screen full of gems or multipliers. I haven't tried a 3rd loop yet. I think the best thing to do
is trigger the multiplier on the first phase of the boss and get big gems during the second loop of the second phase. I did this, and it completely fills your multiplier up from x1 to x9999. Then you can get 50+ mil on the last phase of the boss if you use the multiplier. I ended stage 2 with 270mil with this strat. 300+mil at the end of stage 2 is very possible as well.

After playing God and Original so much, Maniac really feels like a breath of fresh air. So much less frustrating than either of the other modes,
with tons of room for experimentation in scoring.
My score archive

henry dark

I realise that, for a stage 5 score, what I posted in the high score thread isn't very good.

The problem I have is the second half of the third stage, after the mid-boss. There are points where the screen gets spammed with bullets coming in at weird angles from top left and right as well as the middle and I always panic bomb (that score I posted was also the first time I no missed stage 3 too). I generally end up bombing twice (once during the stage, once at the boss) or even three times to get through it- of course this totally destroys my score.

I don't have these problems on stage 4, where everything seems to come nice and steadily straight down the screen.

Know of any decent tactics or videos to help with stage 3? I know my description above was a bit vague, sorry.

EOJ

Stage 3 is tough for everyone - especially the part you mention. My best advice would be to watch a vid of someone clearing it. Personally I sweep back and forth trying to clear out those swarms that come in from the sides just as they come on the screen.

Bombing any time during any stage will severely kill your score. If you lay off the bomb button, or just use it on the bosses, your score will easily double. Every time you bomb you lose like 70% of your stage multiplier, and it takes time to get it back up.
My score archive

sven666

what are you guys scoring on stage 3 (god mode), got any good strats?

i dont really have that much problem getting thru the stage but i feel my score is severely lacking here.
i score about 2-300mil on the whole stage which i feel is waaaay under its potential... :(
basically im at 0gems when i come into the stage, build up my gem counter untill the first ground-beetle comes in then cashing in on that, then building up my gems again and cashing in on the large enemy before the mid-boss.. and thats basically all the stage score i get, anyone got any good tactics for it?

GaijinPunch

Haven't played this in months, but from what I remember:

1: Starting at zero (scoring twice on the stage 2 boss) you can fill up gems twice and even get 30k by the time you get to the spinny thingy on the right.  This is the one BEFORE the ground beetle.  They give far more points.  The key to scoring high is holding off long enough on those hives.  It does take some timing, as you need Reco's options to latch on to them, and you need to keep your meter in the red.

2: Fill up by the 2nd ground beetle.  Go far left, and cash in on the spinny thing.  Then go and try to fill up again on the hive, and the mid boss.  There's two more hives, and a few more ground beetles.  The second half has less potential to score and way more to fuck up.  I don't worry too much about it, but try to get 28k or so on the last form of the boss.

EOJ

I get around 500mil on Stage 3 now. I start with 0, fill up on the first hive, then cash in on the rotating thing to the right of the hive. Then fill up on the beetle, fill up on the large bug that comes in, cash in on a few smaller bugs, fill up on the beetle again, and cash in on the hive. Then, fill up on the rotating thing to the left of the hive, fill up on the large flying bug, and fill up on the set of medium sized bugs. I have nearly 30K at this point, and this is where the midboss comes in. I cash in on the midboss, then fill up on the hive on the right, fill up more on the swarms, then cash in on the hive on the left. Then I fill up some more and cash in on the second beetle after this, and fill up again until the boss fight. I cash in on the first phase, but use phases 2 and 3 to fill up gems, ending the battle with 25K or so. I use these gems to cash in near the beginning of Stage 4. I get about 250mil before the midboss in Stage 4 now.

There's a way to get over 600mil on Stage 3, but you need really good timing. I'm sure TAC and NAL are getting even more here somehow, considering they both have total scores over 5 bil.
My score archive

EOJ

I noticed a weird bug today. I was fooling around in Stage 3 Maniac, credit fed after screwing up the ST2 boss to practice some patterns. After the ST3 midboss I had about 7000 on the counter, and died, ending my credit. I pressed Start right as the continue screen came up, and instead of having my counter reset to zero, it stayed at 7000. I've tried to duplicate it, but haven't been able to do it again.
My score archive

EOJ

I started on God mode again, practicing for a 3.5-4bil clear. I have long had a hunch that you should be able to do "multiplier chaining" on stage 4 with the caterpillars, and I finally pulled it off today (twice). It's pretty tough and requires really good timing, but I managed to pull it off in the first half of the stage and got a boatload of points from it. What I mean by "multiplier chaining" is triggering the multiplier when it's at 30,000 and sucking in all the gems but jacking it back up to 30,000 for the very next enemy, in essence chaining the two multipliers together. You can do this if you trigger the multiplier as the caterpillar is appearing, then get really close to the caterpillar (ride its back) and tap C really fast until the chaining bar flashes red, then hold C as you are absorbing the blue gems from the first 30,000 multiplier. If you time it right, your multiplier will go up faster than it reduces. You just have to be careful not to go below the 10K threshold. Reminds me of Mushi's fast C tapping (though a very watered down version just for high level scoring).

This must be one of the keys to those 5+bil scores the pros have.
My score archive

adverse

Sorry EOJ, I missed this topic. 

Thanks for the advice on the first phase of the second boss.  I still think it's just too random though.  Quite frustrating since if you want to score on the last phase, the randomness of the first pattern demands that you learn the balls trick, which is pretty damn hard IMO.

Another sloppy pattern IMO is the first danmaku of the third boss' last phase, when he just shoots out a ton of pink bullets and purple round bullets.  Have never successfully dodged that, always wind up bombing.  : /

adverse

Continuing our discussion from the score thread...

When the second boss throws out the pods on the left and right, do you strafe from left to right like SIN does or are you holding laser that whole time and weaving through the "fence"-like danmaku?

EOJ

Both work, but the latter method is a lot easier IMO. You get enough slowdown to aid you. Just tap left (starting from the right corner) slowly until the pattern ends.
My score archive

goguuu

Quote from: EOJ on January 28, 2008, 06:55:17 PM

I noticed the same thing today. Started a run, ended with 625mil, died lot of times and so on. Than started again, no miss until stage 5 where i had an overall counter of 98k, before starting to blow lives away. Score was only 400mil at the beginning of the stage (5).
So, basically, i'm not sure about what i'm doing wrong.
Did you find out the exact way for doing well ?
Watching a replay on XBL, i was both looking at what the player was doing and how much and when exactly the score raised up. It looked to me like a positive correlation between counter and how much gems (shedded and small [<- small, like the ones you get when an explosion cancels bullets]) you are able to leech.
Believing that gems (shedded and small games) were the keys, i tryied to collect as many as i could, but again i failed with score.

So, please, explain me where i'm failing with the game.  =D
I like original very much, but i lack of time. Need some help to get into the game faster.
Thanks =)

Ast-Kot

I have a question about Maniac BL 5th stage lamps route :)

Watching the Sin's vid I saw that he cancels the bullets using the lamps explosions? I tried today but I was not be able to do it!How does it work?there are any relationship between the lamps explosions and my counter bar?
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

EOJ

You have to be right on top of (or very close to) the lamps when you destroy them. It's the same across all 3 modes. Do it with the A shot when your chaining bar is red and you'll get lots of large gems.

My score archive

Ast-Kot

あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ