Main Menu

Recent posts

Off Topic / Re: Site updates
Last post by EOJ - March 15, 2024, 07:02:10 PM
I just paid for 3 more years of web hosting.  :righton: It was more than three times the price since I last paid, three years ago.  :o Oh well!

Anyway, not many people post here anymore (this trend seems to be increasing over time), so unless that changes I may look into closing the site in 3 years, unless someone wants to take it over and run it from that point on.

I'd also like to note the second run of the site (March 18, 2018-present) is already longer than the first run (December 7, 2007 - September 20, 2012).
T
PCB / Re: Repro CAVE boxes - preorde...
Last post by TK86079 - March 14, 2024, 03:36:45 AM
Hey, im bringing up this dusty thread. I bought five of these boxes for my loose PCB´s and bootleg carts, they are well made and very similar exept the color of the carton.
I can make some pictures soon.
Greetings
Alex
Off Topic / Re: Hallo from Germany
Last post by EOJ - March 10, 2024, 07:28:24 PM
Hello there! Thanks for joining the forum.  :righton:
T
Off Topic / Hallo from Germany
Last post by TK86079 - March 10, 2024, 01:46:41 PM
Hi, Im Alex from Germany.
Im a proud owner of four Cave PCBs. Mushihimesama, Mushihimesama Futari, Espgaluda 2 and Esprade and all Games for 360 and ps4.
Im a member of a beautiful Pinball and Arcade Museum in Seligenstadt in germany, where we have a small area especialy for japanese Arcademachines where we Running a few of my PCBs.
I allways was nearly only in to Neo Geo, until I found out how incedible good Cave STGs are. Late but better late as never.
Sorry for my Bad englisch  ;)
Greetings
Alex
High Scores - Competition Style / Re: World Record Scores - Home...
Last post by EOJ - March 04, 2024, 05:03:52 PM
New Pink Sweets Ver 1.00 Kasumi WR, by Aquas:

17,968,090 - ALL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1wzF39y4cM

He has a higher score (18,758,230) without a clear as well.
Z
PCB / Re: CAVE arcade box history 20...
Last post by zak - March 01, 2024, 12:10:10 PM
If you look closely at the Wakabayashi signature, he numbered each one that he signed ;) The others didn't bother  =D

Quote from: SuperPang on March 16, 2019, 10:03:19 AMEDIT: A little bit of detective work reveals the page is still up  :laugh:
http://www.try-inc.co.jp/pcb_shop/dodon/pachi.htm

No mention of numbers or Ichimura.

S
CAVE Games / Re: Xbox 360 store closing Jul...
Last post by SH4R4KU - February 11, 2024, 06:33:31 AM
Thank you for the head's up.
I need to redownload some apparently as the memory is corrupted.
S
CAVE Games / Re: The Joys of Aging
Last post by SH4R4KU - February 11, 2024, 04:50:39 AM
Thank goodness for the last post!

I'm doing better than ever but wish I played more STG 20 years ago. Now I'm 40 and though I got into the scene at 30 only just got my cabs and only played DOJ in my own home with M2s port.

We can't stop the passage of time (indeed it's necessary in order to play a game), so enjoy and acknowledge as much as possible :)
Last post by EOJ - February 06, 2024, 02:27:19 AM
Quote from: NOSgaluda on February 06, 2024, 02:14:01 AMI'm the youngster in this thread it seems, with my 38 years on this earth, but I just wanted to say that I'm kind of scared of losing my abilities to age since I just recently started to really improve (most of my 1CC:s have been done during the last 3 years). My hearing is appropriate for my age and my eyesight is, with glasses, completely fine - but it's all a matter of time...  :displeased:

I got most of my best scores between the ages 38-43.  :righton: Everything comes to an end eventually in this life. Enjoy these games while you can, then move on to other interests when your body can't handle it anymore (or just enjoy the games more casually, if possible). Everyone is different in this regard, you might be playing until you're 65 with no problems, who knows.
Last post by NOSgaluda - February 06, 2024, 02:14:01 AM
I'm the youngster in this thread it seems, with my 38 years on this earth, but I just wanted to say that I'm kind of scared of losing my abilities to age since I just recently started to really improve (most of my 1CC:s have been done during the last 3 years). My hearing is appropriate for my age and my eyesight is, with glasses, completely fine - but it's all a matter of time...  :displeased: