The "what Cave game(s) are you playing right now?" thread

Started by EOJ, January 18, 2008, 08:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonny5

currently playing the living shit out of futari 1.5

man this game is phenomenal!!! :righton:

SinHo

Espgaluda 2,

btw, VERY close to get the first and SECOND extend on stage 1 (stage 1 record 32 mill).

Target, 200 mill+ score (quit low, but I never seem to get past the Boss on stage 4)

kernow

ESPGaluda here, trying to beat my hi score and ... failing

I love this game though, I do really want to try the sequel however, despite it being harder.

Decided to stop rabidly buying PCB's and concentrate on quality over quantity, and actually get somewhere respectful on the ones I have already.

quite refreshing really.  ;)

jpj

not playing any cave at the moment, as usual.  what a bum...   :-[

actually been spending a lot of time playing wii sports these days...   :-X

jpj

wii bowling is more techincal than super turbo...!

(okay ... shoot me)

nah, i've been trying to get into progear, but while it is a good game, i actually think it's the worst hori i own (gradius v, border down, blazing star, and pulstar). 

kernow

I played pulstar and blazing star on MVS again recently and , they didn't hold my attention for that long, nice games, but meh I dunno I'm more into my vertical shmups nowadays.

bitkid

I finally got a chance to play Espgaluda 2 today at the Rack 'n Cue on the San Francisco State University campus. It looks like nobody had been playing it because I overwrote a bunch of the default high scores. The level design is really creative in this one. I love the stage on the water (stage 2) with all the little flotillas of ships going around. Graphics are amazing too...quite a treat to see a game on the SH-3 hardware finally.

PROMETHEUS

Quote from: kernow on October 01, 2008, 04:51:46 AM
I played pulstar and blazing star on MVS again recently and , they didn't hold my attention for that long, nice games, but meh I dunno I'm more into my vertical shmups nowadays.
Those were the very games that drew me into STGs :p I don't play them anymore but I liked their atmosphere at the time. Anyway, I really only enjoy danmaku now.

markedkiller78

I hate constantly tapping fire in the Neo Games :(

I'm playing MMP now, so many extends in this game. Scoring is fun & results in tons of lives = WIN

Geeb

Progear. I made it to the stage 3 boss without screwing up royally for a change. Score sucks though.

innerpattern

skykid's Guwange review inspired some playing..had a good run (for me) unbroken chain to lvl 2 boss, died early in stage 4. Easily my favorite of the emulated cave games. I really should give it the time it deserves for a clear.

Joe T.

Right now just Galuda 2 which I received two days ago from Sycada.  I'm really enjoying it although clearly no good yet.  Makes me kind of wish I still had a Galuda I to play.

innerpattern

played some more Guwange, showing steady improvement with chaining, not so much with surviving  :P

professor ganson

I've been dorking around with: Ibara (PCB), Ibara arrange (made a trade to reacquire the port so I could play this), Mushi (all the modes on the port), DDP (recently got the PCB), and Espgaluda (port).

Deity

Playing Mushi Ultra (Ps2), just for fun. Using new HRAP + newly tate:ed TV! :)

Kaneda

Mushihimesama Futari Black Label Original mode when I can. What a great, great game.

markedkiller78

Quote from: jpj on September 30, 2008, 06:56:27 PM
not playing any cave at the moment, as usual.  what a bum...   :-[

actually been spending a lot of time playing wii sports these days...   :-X

Did you go for the lobotomy then?

How?s that working out for you?

innerpattern

Ketsui (PCB)
the scoring system is so natural and intuitive...it's a dream to play!

innerpattern

Nice jonny! my Ketsui had to go back in the box (my tate setup is horrible) while I look for a cab...

EOJ

I've gone back to Mushi Futari Black Label's Maniac mode (the only mode I really like on that PCB).
I'm also still playing DDP DFK 1.5, mainly with C-Bomb and C-Power.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

KOMA

Quote from: EOJ on November 15, 2008, 01:54:37 PM
I've gone back to Mushi Futari Black Label's Maniac mode (the only mode I really like on that PCB).
I'm also still playing DDP DFK 1.5, mainly with C-Bomb and C-Power.
For how long?You're constantly change your mind about MushiS,you're to passionated :lol:

EOJ

I've thought Maniac was the best mode on BL from the beginning. I do enjoy it, but still think 1.5 and 1.0 have slightly better Maniac modes.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

drboom

Playing Dangun Feveron in between sessions of Battle Garegga =D  after recently acquiring the pcb. Pretty fun, but man, there's a brutal difficulty spike at stage 4.

skykid

Been playing Dodonpachi DaiOuJou since getting the PCB on average for 1/2 hr a day for about three weeks.
I love it to bits. I love the pain. I love the way it's so hard that when something becomes clear or you fluke it through some mad patterns, it's like the best game ever.

I reached the stg 4 boss on a credit for the first time last night, mainly owing to getting the 2nd extend middle of the level.
I'm still not very good at scoring at all, but getting better at the beginning of stg 1 for some extra points.

I love the way it rapes me. =D

Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

markedkiller78

I?m at that point again where I have a new game & I?m not immediately taken with it.

IKBL is the current one that I?m struggling to like. I think I?ve played too much Ibara (and loved it) to change over.

I?m also playing Progear on my new cab and not liking the scanlines on the 31k monitor.

Sometimes I know that I?m being a twat, but I just can?t help it.

SuperPang

Is that the NNC? For some reason scanlines on tri-syncs are far less noticeable in tate.

markedkiller78

Quote from: SuperPang on November 18, 2008, 08:15:59 AM
Is that the NNC? For some reason scanlines on tri-syncs are far less noticeable in tate.

It is mate. I've pumped the contrast up to 95 & brightness to near 0 & that softerns them, but it's a little too garish. The pic in 31k is unbelieveble though & the screen seems bigger for some reason (I know it's not) must be the lack of curvature