Main Menu

Lost Odyssey [Xbox 360]

Started by EOJ, May 21, 2008, 06:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

I picked this up with my JP X360 recently, and I've put in about 10 hours (at the end of Disc 1). This game is way better than I thought it would be, actually one of the best RPGs I've played in a long time, and the best one since DQVIII. The only real negative is the lengthy cinemas with no way to save in between them (last night I had to watch like a full hour of non-stop story cinemas after a boss fight!).

The dreams in the game, while all text, are well done, and feel like a novella inside of a game. The story is really good for an RPG, and there have already been some twists I didn't expect. The battles and the skill and ring systems are awesome.

Also, the load times are not bad at all. All the reviews out there complain about "obscene" load times, but for me it's pretty damn quick. Just a couple seconds to load a fight, maybe 10 seconds to load a full new area.

Anyone else playing this or have played it? Definitely pick it up if you like Japanese turn-based RPGs. It's so good I've put Senjou no Valkyria [PS3] on hold until I finish it.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

P_Hat

imo, the gameplay is shit.
But i like style, story, and yes, dreams are awesome.

EOJ

I guess you don't like turn-based rpgs.:P The battles are fun, require strategy (especially the bosses), and the encounter rate is not too high.
My score archive

P_Hat

I like jrpgs.)))

But this one not so polished like Square game's and not so insane like Atlus SMT/etc series.
But i agree, battles are fun *sometimes* :D

EOJ

I haven't played a Square-Enix game this good in the past 10+years other than DQVIII. LO's gameplay is way better than the garbage Square normally pumps out.
My score archive

jammaparts

100% agree, EOJ. This game sucked me in and now I have close to 200 hours on the game clock. Absolutely my favorite RPG so far, it's really a quality title. I do like the '1000 years of dreams' stories, they're extremely well written and are much longer than you'd expect when you first start playing. I hate for it all to end!

Budloc

I agreee too,
I pick it up a few months ago, i was expecting an average JRPG, and it was the best JRPG i've done in a while, since Shadow Hearts Covenant I guess, i spent about 80 hours on this game.