Main Menu

Mushihimesama HD [X360]

Started by EOJ, December 28, 2011, 02:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moozooh

Well, they'd fixed Espgaluda 2's tutorial gem carryover as well as DFKBL's sprite overload when they ported those, so there is a chance they'll fix the counterstop if they're aware of it.

In any case, I suppose those who are on Facebook can poke Cave on the matter? Counterstop is an easy fix, it just requires a larger counter.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

Special World

Quote from: moozooh on January 31, 2012, 06:57:56 AM
Well, they'd fixed Espgaluda 2's tutorial gem carryover as well as DFKBL's sprite overload when they ported those, so there is a chance they'll fix the counterstop if they're aware of it.

In any case, I suppose those who are on Facebook can poke Cave on the matter? Counterstop is an easy fix, it just requires a larger counter.

Wouldn't the problem also be that you CAN get a ridiculous amount of points on the third stage, making the other levels rather pointless? Even if you have a larger counter, wouldn't the massive amount of points possible in stage 3 make stages 1 and 2 a waste, if not 4 and 5 as well?

I haven't played the game, so I don't know exactly how the counterstop is reached, but I'd imagine it has to do with that level-spanning insect.

TimingTripod40

Yeah, the problem seems to be with stage 3 specifically. I'm almost certain you can't get scores that high just from the other stages.

StarCreator

KOA seems to have sent the @cavegames Twitter account a screenshot and received a response.  No idea if their response indicates comprehension though.

Let_It_Be

I'm going to guess that they didn't click on the link or didn't understand why he posted a picture of a high score table.

EOJ

Two pics of the port.

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2012/02/post-5a73.html

We can see three modes thus far: novice, x360, and arrange. There is also dlc, so there should be at least one more mode through that. My guess is ver 1.5. Asada says they're working out the bugs prior to putting the master up.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Monouchi

Quote from: EOJ on February 22, 2012, 06:25:51 PM
Two pics of the port.

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2012/02/post-5a73.html

We can see three modes thus far: novice, x360, and arrange. There is also dlc, so there should be at least one more mode through that. My guess is ver 1.5. Asada says they're working out the bugs prior to putting the master up.

Thanks for the link EOJ.  :righton:
Wow, HD visuals looks stunning, though it seems the BG is still non-HD.

colour_thief

Quote from: EOJ on February 22, 2012, 06:25:51 PM
Asada says they're working out the bugs prior to putting the master up.

I totally lol'ed while reading that. :P

EOJ

My score archive

Special World

That's gorgeous :O

I've only ever played the PS2 port, so I'm quite happily shocked at how vibrant it is. I am rooting for 1.5.

It would be awesome if the arrange was some variant of Futari BL's Maniac/God scoring system, since 1.5 seems focused on Original scoring.

I guess Cave probably want to get more original than that, though.

Daverost

Looks gorgeous.

Any word on region locking yet? I'll assume by recent trends that it's going to be locked and those of us without JP/Asia 360s will have to wait on RSG.

SomeMist

Quote from: Daverost on February 23, 2012, 10:17:11 AM
Looks gorgeous.

Any word on region locking yet? I'll assume by recent trends that it's going to be locked and those of us without JP/Asia 360s will have to wait on RSG.
probably not region free since according to G.Rev's facebook they wanted Under Defeat HD on 360 to be region-free, but Microsoft Japan said it's no longer allowed. I'd guess those of you without J360s will only have to wait 3-6 months longer, but you never know.

As for the screens...I've had a limited hands on with the PS2 version so I can't really compare, but I think they look good. I'm just hoping the game supports 4:3 resolution - I don't see why it wouldn't.

Special World

Yeah, everyone on Shmups forum is hardcore complaining about how hideous it looks.

I don't see any problem with the graphics at all. They're bright and vibrant, unlike the dull PS2 port. The background looks sorta butt, but that's to be expected.

jyumi

The graphics look WAY better than the PS2. Not sure why they neglect the backgrounds. Is it really difficult to implement a HD background?
youtube: Ghostezra
general: Tyjet Poison

Mel

Quote from: jyumi on February 24, 2012, 08:39:20 PM
The graphics look WAY better than the PS2. Not sure why they neglect the backgrounds. Is it really difficult to implement a HD background?

If i'm not mistaking the backgrounds were hand drawn/pixeled in low resolution, making it a huge task to freshen them up for higher resolution. The sprites (player ship, enemies etc) on the other hand are mostly modeled in a 3d app and rendered to bitmap. If they have all the projectfiles handy which should include models, textures, animation etc. of the models they should be able to render them in a higher resolution fairly quickly.

Muchi Muchi Spork

I'd rather it all be in the same resolution. I think the mix res has historically looked terrible all the way back to Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, unnatural and bad. But if you have it output to a low res monitor it should fix the issue. Just my opinion.

Daverost

Quote from: SomeMist on February 24, 2012, 09:25:59 AM
probably not region free since according to G.Rev's facebook they wanted Under Defeat HD on 360 to be region-free, but Microsoft Japan said it's no longer allowed.

IIRC, what they said was that it was "frowned upon" now, but they didn't name anyone in particular who was preventing it.

A47A47

Japanese 2ch BBS says that the release date of Mushihimesama HD is May 24th.
This source may be Famitsu Xbox360 (Japanese monthly magazine) which will be released on Feb 29th.
I will buy this magazine 2 days later.

moozooh

Well, sounds like colour_thief has won the contest then. :)
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

EOJ

Quote from: moozooh on February 27, 2012, 10:09:11 AM
Well, sounds like colour_thief has won the contest then. :)

Yep, seems that way. But we need an official release date first - 2ch is not 100% reliable in these matters. Rumor has it ver 1.5 is first print DLC, but that too has yet to be confirmed.
My score archive

Noiryt

sorry about this...
Am I correct that Cave are no longer allowed to release region free Xbox 360 games?
If not I'm hoping RSG have enough success with Akai Katana for them to consider this game.

Special World

Cave hasn't said anything to that effect. That's just coming from G.Rev, who were sort of ambiguous about the situation. I wouldn't hold out intense hope for Region-Free. This is (apparently) going to be Cave's last 360 port, and there's not a ton for RSG to localize at this point, so I'd imagine Cave's going to hope RSG will pick this up.

This entire post is speculation.

Aisha

http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/mushihimehd/

Looks like the 2ch post was correct. Apparently there will also be a limited edition with an arrange soundtrack.

EOJ

Yep, it's official now. While I first thought including 1.5 as first print DLC was a dumb move, after thinking about it a bit I see that it's actually pretty smart. Clearly they want to boost their first week sales from those of their other recent releases, as well as get more people to buy the game at full price on release instead of waiting for the eventual Platinum Hits budget edition. By including a much-desired new arcade version of the game only to preorders and earlier buyers, this should maximize their first week profits. If they included 1.5 on the disc, more people would wait for the Platinum Hits version, or a later price drop. Same story if they put 1.5 up on XBLA as paid DLC. They've done that before, and perhaps they didn't see the profits they were aiming for. Maybe they're experimenting with some really juicy first print DLC to see if it affects first week sales in good way.

Anyway, based on the very similar case of DFK BL, I conjectured Mushi 1.5 would be included some way or another in this port, so this isn't really surprising to me. The guys who were claiming that Mushi 1.5 would never be ported will be eating crow now.
My score archive

Muchi Muchi Spork

I think the only board labeled as a limited edition was the Akai Katana board. People assumed the Matsuri 1.5 one was because it was only available for a weekend here and there, but if that makes something a limited edition then almost everything they make is... It will probably go up for sale again. I see the point in the DLC card special but if they don't add an option to purchase it later, most fans will miss out on one of their best games ever. I wouldn't buy it other than in the preorder special because I would feel screwed over for not getting the 1.5 version.

EOJ

Yeah, they put the DFK BL board back up for sale after its port was announced, and I'm pretty sure it sold out again on their shop.
My score archive

Special World

Putting 1.5 in as first-print DLC is smart on Cave's part.

But it's also pretty shitty, coming from somebody who had always planned to pre-order :\

EOJ

I think it's great. I always preorder their games so not having to buy it later on XBLA as paid DLC for 1200MS points is wonderful. Whether on disc or free first print DLC, I'll get to play it on release day for the same price. So I have no complaints.
My score archive

Let_It_Be

I just don't like the fact that if I buy the standard edition I run the risk of not getting the DLC code.

EOJ

Yeah, you should check with the retailer you intend to buy it from. Let's hope they make enough to satisfy demand.
My score archive