Espgaluda 2 Black Label [JP X360] - SE Region free, LE Region locked to Japan

Started by EOJ, July 13, 2009, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megalixir

Yoko screenshots aren't enough to get anyone erect. Just imagine it in tate with the new 360 modes. That's pretty much the reason behind me having any interest at all.

It has a lot of modes, so I'm sure I will find something to enjoy.

StarCreator

So, since as far as I can tell, no one has given it a mention...

Am I the only one that would love to see a continuation of Espgaluda's arrange mode in this?  Given how many extra modes are already present from the start this time, this could very easily be the DLC...

GaijinPunch

As I was queuing to play Ketsui EX (and didn't get to) I was able to tap Asada on the shoulder who was, of all things, resetting the game and starting it for each consecutive player.  (He dresses like a rock star now btw, but unlike most Japanese people, he pulls it off quite well.  He's lost a shitload of weight as well, so gives us dorks a good name).

Anyways, I asked him if ESGaluda II BL was going to be region locked.  I didn't get the full on Japanese teeth-sucking or anything, but he did say the vote isn't in yet.  He was glad that foreigners bought Futari, but they were still considering whether to do it for BL.  There is apparently far more work than flipping a flag to make a game region free.  It has to be approved in every region it plays in, so there is not only money to think about, but unfortnately resources to deal w/ the same process 5 times. :/  Anyways, at this point in the game, I would count on it not being region free.   They generally have to submit the source to be pressed like a month or two before release, right?  Doesn't look good.

Back on a good note: Arrange mode is pretty damn wicked.  I really like it, although I could only play w/ an Xbox360 controller.  There's a lot of risk vs. reward play that you'd expect from Ikeda.   It will definitely be an addition to the plain vanilla mode.

EOJ

That pretty much seals the deal that it's not region free. Not suprising as Asada said in the original Kotaku interview that Futari's region freeness was just a test to see if they should localize future titles. He never said they were thinking of making future titles region free.

Better get a JP X360, folks.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Ast-Kot

Buy a jap360 is not a problem......The ROD is the problem for foreign player that have bought a jap 360. I've called the italian Microsoft customers center to have some clarification about this problem but there is no way to have back a new 360.
I hope for a Cave decision to release free-region titles since futari has a fairly good export sales :)
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

GaijinPunch

I did forget to mention Asada was wearing a T-shirt that said, "Fuck Whitey".  That's a good sign, right?

adverse

Picked up the new Famitsu 360 as is my wont.  As usual, they have exclusives on CAVE content.

In addition to Asada expressing dissatisfaction with the 360 "1,000,000 units sold should have been a transition point, but it became an end point", there are more details on the Esp II modes.

・Seseri's shot in Black Label traces her while she's in Kakusei mode.  You can basically place "options" around the screen which attack for you.  Her rapier fires wide and in the opposite direction that you are moving.
・Her rapier gets stronger the closer you are to an enemy.

Arrange mode (Yagawa) details:

・Blue bullets -> canceled with shot
・Red bullets -> with rapier
・When your gems reach 0 during kakusei mode, all of your attacks can cancel bullets
・When both gems and ingots are at 0, you can no longer use kakusei.  The kakusei button will give you barrier.
・System is 5 life max every extend setting.  Gems and ingots max out at 1000.

More on black label next post

adverse

Black Label mode (Ikeda) details:

・Seseri is usable instead of Asagi, BGM is all arranged
・When not in Kakusei mode, bullets transform to ingots
・As your multiplier gauge builds, you maintain the multiplier for canceling bullets
・There is a new gauge called the zetsumuteki gauge (absolutely invincible gauge) which allows you to use zesshigen absolute visibility and zetsumuteki absolute invincibility.
・When using Kakuseishikai and destroying an enemy, suicide bullets will spawn
・Kakuseizesshikai -> absolute invincibility can be used which increases the bullet count for every bullet you touch
・Gem limit is 500, ingot limit is 10,000

Schrodingers cat

Thanks for the news guys.

Quote from: GaijinPunch on December 27, 2009, 05:42:05 AM
I did forget to mention Asada was wearing a T-shirt that said, "Fuck Whitey".  That's a good sign, right?

Please tell me you have pictures of this....

GaijinPunch

oldzkool

Quote from: EOJ on December 27, 2009, 04:45:52 AM
That pretty much seals the deal that it's not region free. Not suprising as Asada said in the original Kotaku interview that Futari's region freeness was just a test to see if they should localize future titles. He never said they were thinking of making future titles region free.

Better get a JP X360, folks.

This news (if it turns out to be true) is very dissapointing indeed :(. I ordered Faturi the other day from Play-Asia and was waiting to hear about Galuda before pre-ordering it (and I don't even own an 360 yet ...)

antares

Why is this disappointing if you don't even own the console yet? You can just buy a jp 360 straight away.

gsl

Because not everybody can or wants to pay an extra $150+ for a system that plays two or three niche titles while locking out at least 50% of the (non-Japanese, less expensive) releases from their native region?

Just a thought.

neomoe

Arent the vast majority of US releases playable on a JPN 360? 
The only game I tried that didn't work was Oblivion....

CastorKrieg

Nobody asked about region-free during the event?

antares

Quote from: gsl on December 27, 2009, 12:50:52 PM
Because not everybody can or wants to pay an extra $150+ for a system that plays two or three niche titles while locking out at least 50% of the (non-Japanese, less expensive) releases from their native region?

Well, I'm assuming if he hasn't bought the system yet obviously there are no native titles he is interested in.

And from my exprience the new asian version of 360 games are always cheaper (even with shipping) than if you buy the games in us or european stores.

Jockel

Megalixir

Just a thought.

Except this isn't true at all.

gsl

I'd welcome any clarification you can provide re: incorrect bits.  I know it's the Internet and all, but sometimes the sharp zing of a one-liner just doesn't convey much more information than "Nuh-uh!"

Quote from: antaresAnd from my exprience the new asian version of 360 games are always cheaper (even with shipping) than if you buy the games in us or european stores.
I suppose that depends on where you get them--I know Play-Asia often has great deals on Asian version titles, but there do seem to be a lot of newer ones which are right around the new in-store prices.  My understanding as well is that not all titles get Asian releases--RFJ is a possibly atypical example but one that helped inform my eventual choice of console (as did the option of being able to walk into a local store and know that any game I select will run on my console). 
I'm not saying everybody has the same issues as I did when trying to decide between JP and US consoles, I'm just making the point that the frequent "Just get a JP console" seems annoyingly flippant at times and why it might not be just that simple from a practical perspective.  Maybe I'm just the only one for whom it's not so cut-and-dried, though.

oldzkool

Just a thought.

Exactly.

Megalixir

Quote from: gsl on December 27, 2009, 04:44:32 PM
I'd welcome any clarification you can provide re: incorrect bits.  I know it's the Internet and all, but sometimes the sharp zing of a one-liner just doesn't convey much more information than "Nuh-uh!"

The majority of games released in the US work on JP consoles, have Asian releases, or have JP releases (like RFA).

oldzkool

Quote from: antares on December 27, 2009, 01:59:56 PM

Well, I'm assuming if he hasn't bought the system yet obviously there are no native titles he is interested in.

And from my exprience the new asian version of 360 games are always cheaper (even with shipping) than if you buy the games in us or european stores.

Wrong assumption. I am just getting back into gaming after a long break thus no current console. This means I am going to purchase a PS3 + PAL 360 (Australia). I now have to decide if i will also need to get a NTSC-J 360 as well, what a pain in the ass ...

Joe T.

I don't understand how that is a pain in the ass.  It's not a very difficult decision.   :laugh:

Why does the whole region coding thing burn people up so much?  Is it simply because they're all cheap asses?

oldzkool

Quote from: Joe T. on December 27, 2009, 05:45:34 PM
I don't understand how that is a pain in the ass.  It's not a very difficult decision.   :laugh:

Why does the whole region coding thing burn people up so much?  Is it simply because they're all cheap asses?

The point is, I shouldn't have to make that decision (if it was region free) + cost and maintenance of the 3rd console, region specific DLC, what happens if when it RRODs etc ...

Joe T.

Consoles have had region coding for a long time.  I don't really understand the entitlement excuse.  Simply saying "I shouldn't have to" sounds like a thrown tantrum to me.  What that leaves is the cost argument, which proves my point.

If it helps, I have had RROD on my Japanese console before and had no problem getting it repaired for free by microsoft.  All I had to do was specify that I wanted that particular console repaired and not a replacement console.  I believe Elixir had the same experience.  

oldzkool

Quote from: Joe T. on December 27, 2009, 06:09:54 PM
Consoles have had region coding for a long time.  I don't really understand the entitlement excuse.  Simply saying "I shouldn't have to" sounds like a thrown tantrum to me.

If it helps, I have had RROD on my Japanese console before and had no problem getting it repaired for free by microsoft.  All I had to do was specify that I wanted that particular console repaired and not a replacement console.  I believe Elixir had the same experience. 

Not throwing a tantrum at all, simply stating a fact. Sony got something right this time round with the PS3 (i.e region free).

If xbox was region free then:

1 PS3 + 1 360, job done.

Joe T.

You would still have this same scenario should you buy a Japanese 360.  There aren't many titles in other regions that won't play on a JP console.  Any complaints thereafter are simply a product of my original point, people who think they're entitled to everything being region free are also too cheap to circumvent the problem.  

Region locking is unfortunate, but reality.  It's not a new situation so simply deal with it.  It's laughable to look on shmups chat anymore for useful 360 information because every informative post is buried under 20 posts of crying/speculation about region coding.  Shit, that's what we've managed to do here too!

lam47

Rockband does not work. I have had to order another xbox for my girlfriend. On sale for ?100 at game at the moment :)

EOJ

Quote from: Joe T. on December 27, 2009, 05:45:34 PM
Why does the whole region coding thing burn people up so much? Is it simply because they're all cheap asses?

For many, this is probably true. But to each their own. If they don't want to pay for a JP X360 to play JP exclusives like DDPDOJBL (and Ketsui EX), then that's their choice. It looks like Cave will be localizing some games (Deathsmiles, and maybe EIIBL too), so in the best case scenario (from the perspective of a USA X360 owner) the advantage of having a JP X360 in the future will likely be that you will be able to play the games months in advance. If you're in Europe or other territories outside of Japan other than the USA you pretty much need to get a JP X360 if you want to play all of Cave's games, however.

PS: Please keep the "I don't want to buy a JP X360 because blah blah blah" stuff out of this thread. It's been done ad nauseum.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

oldzkool

Quote from: Joe T. on December 27, 2009, 06:36:50 PM
You would still have this same scenario should you buy a Japanese 360.  There aren't many titles in other regions that won't play on a JP console.  Any complaints thereafter are simply a product of my original point, people who think they're entitled to everything being region free are also too cheap to circumvent the problem.  

Region locking is unfortunate, but reality.  It's not a new situation so simply deal with it.  It's laughable to look on shmups chat anymore for useful 360 information because every informative post is buried under 20 posts of crying/speculation about region coding.  Shit, that's what we've managed to do here too!

All i am saying is for my circumstances, Mushi and Galuda would have tied me over for a long time, thus not requiring me to purchase a 2nd 360. Its not about being cheap, its just that this decision from cave has virtually forced me to buy another console. So yes, PITA.