Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 [JP X360, 11/25/2010]

Started by EOJ, August 14, 2010, 02:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE

Quote from: Hive on November 17, 2010, 02:11:10 PM
336 x 240

???

Is this from the cv1000 driver? Or just a joke? Having 16 pixel more would be kinda useless...  :oogle:

Or maybe because of the switch 320x224 -> 336x240 :D
The future is 2D

Hive

Quote from: THE on November 17, 2010, 02:20:12 PM
Quote from: Hive on November 17, 2010, 02:11:10 PM
336 x 240

???

Is this from the cv1000 driver? Or just a joke? Having 16 pixel more would be kinda useless...  :oogle:

Or maybe because of the switch 320x224 -> 336x240 :D

here are the full specs for Standard Resolution:

HORIZONTAL                    VERTICAL
Scan Frequency: 15.72 KHz    Scan Frequency: 60.0 Hz
   Scan Period: 63.6 ?Sec       Scan Period: 16.7 mSec
  Active Video: 46.9 ?Sec      Active Video: 15.3 mSec
   Video Delay: 11.9 ?Sec       Video Delay:  1.2 mSec
    Sync Pulse:  4.7 ?Sec        Sync Pulse:  0.2 mSec
     Scan Line: 456 Pixels           Screen: 262 Lines
    Resolution: 336 Pixels       Resolution: 240 Lines
Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

THE

Cool, thanks!

Are those verified and measured on real hardware? I'm interested in programming
for the cv1000. If you have information, hook me up  ;)

So they have 22 scanlines for positioning sprites, that's not much for their sprite count. Most probably they use double buffering...

I'm also interested whether Cave uses a full framebuffer or just a scanline buffer. Some FX seen implies a full framebuffer, but who knows...

If 336x240 is true, than there is always some kind of odd scaling needed to fit it on 640x480.
The future is 2D

Animaitor

Quote from: THE on November 17, 2010, 02:59:24 PM
If 336x240 is true, than there is always some kind of odd scaling needed to fit it on 640x480.

Interesting info everyone. If the real resolution of DFK on the arcades is 336X240 then we will get the same visual problems as with Ketsui's port unless they add some nice filters on the mix.

drunkninja

Probably not quite as bad though.  Futari and Galuda II look more or less perfect running through my Emotia in 240p on my arcade monitor.  Same can't be said of Ketsui.

emphatic

A new blog post @ http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/ suggests that there will be a Title Update shortly after the release of the game as the score summary between stages seems to be broken, at least in "Arrange L".

lillin

Bit of a silly question but, will i be able to download 1.51 with my normal live account, or do i need a jp account for that?

cstarflare

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Monouchi

EOJ

Info on Novice mode trickling in from 2Ch people:

-Bombing or autobombing does not cut your chain. Dying resets your chain to 0, just like in ver 1.5.
-One bomb item refills your stock to the max (like in ver 1.0)
-Very easy to 2-ALL Tsuujou Loop.

BTW no Arcade mode in this one, just Novice, 360, Arrange A and Arrange B (and 1.51 via DLC).
My score archive

EOJ

More good news: you can enter your initials in the high score page (in-game)! Like Espgaluda 2, the font is different from the arcade version, however.

Also, achievements are up:

http://www12.atwiki.jp/xbox360score/pages/1166.html

Most of them look really easy, but the secret ones aren't out yet, and I'm betting a few of those will be tough as nails.
My score archive

Animaitor

Thanks EOJ. If no arcade mode is selectable, that means no low res? How about filters? Enjoy the game!!

EOJ

Yep, no low res. No idea on the filters yet.

I don't have the game yet, just gathering info from some dudes on 2ch.net who nabbed it before the release date.
My score archive

Aisha

Thanks for keeping us updated. I guess the main thing I'm concerned about now is how accurate the gameplay is in 360 Mode, in terms of things like slowdown.

EOJ

My score archive

Animaitor

Quote from: EOJ on November 23, 2010, 04:43:17 AM
Yep, no low res. No idea on the filters yet.

I don't have the game yet, just gathering info from some dudes in Japan who nabbed it before the release date.

:laugh: I see. Well, at least the game is accurate to the arcade... but not so on the visuals.

emphatic

HVL

Missing Arcade Mode is a bit disappointing but if the 360 Mode is accurate, which seems to be the case, I have no complaints.

SuperPang

I must admit I've found the arcade modes pretty pointless in the last couple of SH-3 ports so thats no great surprise. Even if you want to play it in a cab I'm sure you can achieve greater things with 360 mode.

Danza

Thanks a bunch for the info, EOJ!  =D

Can't wait for this to devour my life!

evil_ash_xero

I've never cared for the Arcade Modes, since they are so fugly. They give people the wrong impression of how they actually look in the arcade. They should have at least put them at the end of the game choosing cycle(unlike first in Mushi). I can just imagine some newbie picking it up, choosing arcade, and looking at it on his LCD and vomiting.

emphatic

Quote from: evil_ash_xero on November 23, 2010, 08:15:30 AMThey should have at least put them at the end of the game choosing cycle(unlike first in Mushi). I can just imagine some newbie picking it up, choosing arcade, and looking at it on his LCD and vomiting.

Yeah, a guy I helped import his copy emailed me and was worried, because "all of a sudden the game looked like crap" and he was thinking his HDMI cable was broken.  :laugh: And he's an arcade guy with lots of cabinets.  :righton:

lillin

Mushi futari arcade mode looks fine on an lcd imho, DS arcade mode on the other hand.... :rolleyes:
Anyways, back to topic.
I've been cheking my emails like a madman hoping that my copy of DFK got shipped, no luck though, just have to wait little more i guess.

njiska

Quote from: SuperPang on November 23, 2010, 07:11:39 AM
I must admit I've found the arcade modes pretty pointless in the last couple of SH-3 ports so thats no great surprise. Even if you want to play it in a cab I'm sure you can achieve greater things with 360 mode.

Especially if you have a cab with a Hi-res monitor. Galuda II's 360 mode looks gorgeous on mine.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

sh00g

So whats the deal, 4:3 mode but no arcade mode? Doesn't that defeat the purpose anyway?

Love those package screenshots, EOJ keeping it real. :laugh:

dan76

4:3 and accurate slowdown are the big ones for me, so an element of dread has been removed - but I'll miss Arcade mode. Playing on a 32" crt I always pick Arcade over 360... Still, excellent news to wake up to - thanks EOJ.
XBL gamertag: durango76uk
www.1ccgames.com

EOJ

Arrange B info:

-A guy on 2Ch calls it a "Fushigi no Dungeon Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu" because every time you play the enemy patterns are different/random
-Shot is always on (like Guwange arrange), you just change to laser when you like
-No combo system
-There are two attack modes for enemies, and 3 different rank levels
-Hyper bees change the rank level
-When you get the hang of it, you'll be in hyper mode pretty much all the time
My score archive

emphatic

Quote from: EOJ on November 23, 2010, 02:27:43 PM
Arrange B info:

-A guy on 2Ch calls it a "Fushigi no Dungeon Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu" because every time you play the enemy patterns are different/random
-Shot is always on (like Guwange arrange), you just change to laser when you like
-No combo system
-There are two attack modes for enemies, and 3 different rank levels
-Hyper bees change the rank level
-When you get the hang of it, you'll be in hyper mode pretty much all the time

This sounds awesome. I hope you can get replays for it so it's not like Omake! I bet replays would be lots of fun to watch, as it sounds to me like great dodging skills are needed more than carefully planned routes.

Dave_K.

Quote from: EOJ on November 23, 2010, 03:25:07 AM
Pics of the package:

http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=372

4:3 support confirmed.  :righton:

Not to nitpick on this great news, but where did you source this from?