Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 [JP X360, 11/25/2010]

Started by EOJ, August 14, 2010, 02:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cstarflare

White Label is an (unofficial?) term for the original release

Black Label is for limited editions that have significant differences from the original

"Blue" stuff has only shown up at matsuri events, afaik. Off the top of my head, I remember hearing about DDP, Guwenge, Mushihimesama, Muchi Muchi Pork, and Daifukkatsu having special matsuri editions.

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

HVL

Quote from: EOJ on August 27, 2010, 06:04:27 PM
Asada says he'll try to make a promo video for this by next weekend.

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2010/08/post-1e4b.html

Really cool, I'm itching to see the upgraded graphics in motion and what kind of arrange modes it'll have. Arrange mode by YGW would be super.

EOJ

My score archive

radiant silvergun

Hi

Do you know if the regular box will get the DLC 1.51 of DDPDFK?

Thank you.

lillin

The first run of the normal edition should get the dlc card. Atleast, that's how it worked with Mushifutari and DSII.

Kewing

Quote from: lmagus on August 19, 2010, 04:02:43 PM
Quote from: HVL on August 19, 2010, 08:36:39 AM
Quote from: dimmu--borgir on August 19, 2010, 08:15:37 AM
Do they write down the value Imagus? To avoid sales tax etc. (which is uninevitable in Sweden if it's worth more than approx. $20)

No, just like most Japanese shops, AmiAmi declares full value. They even state in their FAQ that it's illegal and they won't do it. :'(

Exactly.

That's why I always stick to NCSX... It's shipping is always so much cheaper than Play-Asia that it's worth buying from them. And they mark prices down.

^ This. Especially that last bit. It's become real important as of late for Europe (Spain at least), since they've changed customs regulations, lowering the maximum price they allow to enter the country without charging you anything; I've been increasingly hearing more and more stories about people getting charged for their packages.
Anyway, I already contacted them more than 1 week ago, but they told me that reatilers hadn't started the preorder campaign yet; and still no word about it. Hope it doesn't start too late.

emphatic

Or just go with Videogameimports if you live in the EU.  :righton: I know the price is slightly higher, but no customs hassle guaranteed + super-quick delivery are what counts most for me. In Sweden, almost all packages from Play-Asia go straight to customs.  :whyioughtta:

lillin

Quote from: emphatic on August 29, 2010, 12:09:25 PM
Or just go with Videogameimports if you live in the EU.  :righton: I know the price is slightly higher, but no customs hassle guaranteed + super-quick delivery are what counts most for me. In Sweden, almost all packages from Play-Asia go straight to customs.  :whyioughtta:

I second that!

zkoa

This is so amazing news for me, was one step away from building a supergun just for daifukkatsu.  :righton:
Just ordered LE, and i really hope that bl will come out as a dlc. I like the BL music more than 1.5.

SuperPang

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/03/dodonpachi_trailer/

I swear those are true HD assets rather than the high res ones of previous ports.  ??? or maybe its just the visual style. ???

moozooh

From what I can see, it's a mix of original assets, retouched, and redrawn from scratch. For instance, some bullets have color gradients that weren't there before. Some liberal gamma correction can also bee seen (in form of sharper contrast on boss models, for instance). The ship's hitbox is some kind of a particle effect now, while the ship sprite itself still has jagged edges if you look closely. :) But anyway, it looks excellent.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

EOJ

Official site is up, which also has the promo vid:

http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/daifukkatu/

You can see both the LE and SE cover art there too.
My score archive

phrenzee

EOJ

Nah, tu and tsu are just different romanizations for the same syllable in Japanese.
My score archive

HVL

Quote from: EOJ on September 03, 2010, 02:15:01 PM
Official site is up, which also has the promo vid:

http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/daifukkatu/

You can see both the LE and SE cover art there too.

Wow, both covers are awesome. I think I'll get the SE too. =D

Hive

I love both covers, but the LE is absolutely stunning.
Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

njiska

Quote from: HVL on September 04, 2010, 03:17:59 AMWow, both covers are awesome. I think I'll get the SE too. =D
People actually like the SE cover? I find it looks rather like a bad pirate DVD cover.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

lillin

Quote from: njiska on September 06, 2010, 10:13:23 AM
Quote from: HVL on September 04, 2010, 03:17:59 AMWow, both covers are awesome. I think I'll get the SE too. =D
People actually like the SE cover? I find it looks rather like a bad pirate DVD cover.

I was thinking pirated famicom cart:D But i like them both anyways

EOJ

This will be playable at the upcoming TGS in Japan:

http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/event/tgs2010/titlelist.htm

Also playable will be Otomedius X, Guwange, and Bullet Soul.
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

Kewing

neomoe

ack - I hate the SE cover.  Generally I liked the SE covers much more than the  LE, but that's definitely not the case here.  I already pre-ordered the SE, but I may have to switch to the LE.

Jockel

Quote from: neomoe on September 15, 2010, 10:06:39 AM
ack - I hate the SE cover.  Generally I liked the SE covers much more than the  LE, but that's definitely not the case here.  I already pre-ordered the SE, but I may have to switch to the LE.

Curses! How am I supposed to enjoy the game, when the cover looks like THIS?  :whyioughtta:
Sure, I'd be staring at the screen all the time, but seeing the horrible cover everytime i want to change the game is going to scar my mind forever!

Or: WTF dude, you want to pay ~40$ more just for a different cover?

EOJ

SE cover is the original arcade flier. They've used the original arcade flier for the cover of every SE they've released.

Looks good to me. Nice and simple.  :righton:
My score archive

EOJ

That looks awesome. The first half shows ver 1.5, the second half Arrange A. Ver 1.5 slowdown looks spot on, from the short video.

I love the Arrange A shot. Looks powered up and badass.
My score archive

Medal

Quote from: EOJ on September 14, 2010, 04:09:43 PM
Picture of Arrange A mode:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/photos/uncategorized/2010/09/14/vera.jpg

Looks similar to Daioujou with the trailing hyper bees.

Not only that, but both DOJ ships are playable in Arrange A, as seen in the trailer Lunchbox posted. The A ship looks so manly.

EOJ

The video only shows one ship in Arrange A. The first part of the vid is the green ship in 1.5, not Arrange A.
My score archive