Mushihime-sama Futari Black Label

Started by EOJ, December 09, 2007, 06:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shalashaska

So is the main difference (well, except for the scoring system obviously) between Ultra and God modes just that the speed of the patterns have been nerfed? They look pretty similar to me in the few videos I've seen, just slower.

GaijinPunch

I wouldn't say they're all slowed down.  Their density is definitely cut, some enemies don't fire suicide bullets, while others file much easier to dodge suicide bullets.  Where the extremely noticeable slow down comes in is when you're firing your laser.  The graphic is very taxing on the CPU.  You can't let up sometimes b/c the screen will jerk and you'll run into a bullet.  This is the same in all modes, but obviously there's more in God.

EOJ

Yeah, God mode has slower bullets in most places and they are less dense. It's much, much easier overall due in large part to the extra slowdown in many places (with the A shot, as GP mentioned) and stronger firepower. I've still never gotten past the start of Stage 3 in Ultra, having owned the game for over a year (only reached Stage 3 a few times actually). I got to Stage 4 on my first credit in God mode.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Shalashaska

Thanks for the clarification. Sounds better to me actually as Ultra is just silly for a person of my skill (term used loosely).

EOJ

New Stage 1 400+mil God mode torrent:

http://b-board.rdy.jp/torrent/details.php?info_hash=2e80f0ae67c53bf35dbe66af01a4e0ff36845c8e

SIN already has a ST1 400mil vid up on his site, so this is not particularly exciting.
My score archive

EOJ

QuoteAccording to RAM's wonderful arcade shooter tracking site, Futari BL is currently in 54 arcades across Japan

The site now says it's up to 70 (again, not counting those arcades with 2 copies nor private collectors).

Just an update: this site now lists 96 arcades with a futari BL PCB (again, some like Hey have 2 copies, so the total is probably around 100). So we are well over 100 for the total number sold, likely closing in on 150. Probably only a couple left at the major shops. Arcadeshock.com has only 1 for sale ($2150).
My score archive

EOJ

New Stage 3 God mode vid w/ palm:

http://b-board.rdy.jp/torrent/details.php?info_hash=78f4f109bec0dff501ac0945a42e078c4d8d4b95

Shows some interesting strats for the first half of the stage.
My score archive

Jmz

After reading this thread and other Futari / Black Label related threads I still cant decide which one to buy.

Whats the "best" version to start with from a "newbies" perspective on the game?

EOJ

Black Label is easier to 1CC and has deeper scoring systems across all 3 modes. God mode, while still very hard, is more fun for newbies than Ultra (which is basically impossible). Overall BL feels like a game meant for hardcore scorers, while 1.5 is the more well-rounded game. It should be noted many prefer the original 1.5 boss fights to BL's "accelerated" fights.

BL will obviously be much harder to find in the future, and it will retain its value better as well, due to its rarity.

Either game is great, but ask yourself if you want to pay more than double ($2000+) for BL, rather than 1.5. Might be better to start with 1.5 and see how you like it.
My score archive

Jmz

Thanks for the summary.

1.5 might be a wiser choise, both for the price and for the sake that I might not even like it but I doubt it will be the case when I finally gets it and play some credits, it sure does look outstanding.

Anyone here who has both in their collection?  8)

EOJ

QuoteAnyone here who has both in their collection?

I have both.  :D So does Koma, hermosaguy, and Sperrfeuer.
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

There is an Original mode 2bil ALL with Palm via this link (the player is RLF):

http://karinto.mine.nu/ulink/uploader/

The file is NO16243, the password is krms.

However, I have been unable to get the page to load for the past 2 days. Anyone successful on this?
Would love to see a 2bil run.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Must be blocking your IP, you vile, white piece of shit!
I will Mega Upload it...

Fuck me.. 2.8MB/s download.  Haha.  I've already got the file.

EOJ

Yeah, that's sorta what I figured.

A megaupload or similar would be much appreciated for us non-Japanese.
My score archive

EOJ

Awesome, thanks! Downloading now...

(this file must be horrible video quality - a full run but only 115MB?)
My score archive

GaijinPunch

It's actually not that bad.
Pretty crazy run.  I'm definitely doing Original all wrong.  I have decided that I don't like it enough to devote a lot of time to though.

EOJ

That's good to hear. Can't wait to see it. Currently at 15%.
My score archive

gsl

QuoteJust an update: this site now lists 96 arcades with a futari BL PCB (again, some like Hey have 2 copies, so the total is probably around 100). So we are well over 100 for the total number sold, likely closing in on 150. Probably only a couple left at the major shops. Arcadeshock.com has only 1 for sale ($2150).

There's at least two arcades that have the game but aren't listed as such: Kawagoe-shi, Saitama-ken's Game Magma, and the Game Del Rey arcade (apparently there's like 4 branches??) by Hibariagaoka Station on the Seibu-Ikebukuro line in Nerima-ku.  I wonder how many more arcades might not be listed; in any case the total's got to be approaching 150 including private owners.  I've been spending more time on the game and with the depth of the scoring system I think it'd really be worth getting my hands on, but at the price it's at right now (and will no doubt remain at for quite some time) I'm thinking it's an impossibility.  The DDP DOJ Black Label hasn't dropped much since its release either, has it?

EOJ

QuoteThe DDP DOJ Black Label hasn't dropped much since its release either, has it?

First thanks for the info about the extra arcades. As for your Q about DDP DOJ BL, a bare PCB is around $1000-$1200, so it has dropped a good
deal since release (one was up on YAJ a month or so ago for a buy-it-now of 98,000 yen - that's the cheapest I've seen it). A full kit will run at least $2000, though, which is close to its initial retail price.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

And that's w/o the poster!
And didn't the PGM boards retail for less than the SH3?

jpj

the minty doj bl kit that was on ebayUK two years ago went for $3,800.
it will probably be worth $4,500+ in a couple of years.  
not because of the rarity, but the dollar exchange rate   ;)

EOJ

Quotethe minty doj bl kit that was on ebayUK two years ago went for $3,800.

I thought it sold for $2600? The buyer (whitey) sold it for $2600 last year to get his money back.
A similar kit was up on YAJ a few months ago that sold for 220,000 yen.
My score archive

KOMA

Thank GP!
Pretty insane superplay,he made 72M at the end of stage 1!....when i get this score to the stage 2 mid boss! :P

Plasmo

jpj

Quotethe minty doj bl kit that was on ebayUK two years ago went for $3,800.

I thought it sold for $2600? The buyer (whitey) sold it for $2600 last year to get his money back.
A similar kit was up on YAJ a few months ago that sold for 220,000 yen.

£1,890   (:o )

auction ended on the 25th of december as well  (not kidding)

i think whitey had actually forgotten what he'd paid for it  (also not kidding)

freddiebamboo

EOJ

QuoteRLF has broken 2 billion in Original mode with Palm:

http://stg-grinder.blog.drecom.jp/

His new high score is 2.2 bil. He says he's aiming to finish with 5 lives and 4 bombs for a 200mil clear bonus.
His new goal is a score of 2.5 bil.

Meanwhile ABI (http://abi123.blog110.fc2.com/) says he can see himself getting around 3 bil, though he states 4 bil is probably impossible.
He thinks with some more tweaking a 3.5 bil score may be possible. No new screenshots of scores from him yet, however. He's certainly the more
ambitious player! :lol:
My score archive