The "what Cave game(s) are you playing right now?" thread

Started by EOJ, January 18, 2008, 08:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

For me it's mainly Mushihime-sama [PCB] with some Mushihime-sama Futari Black Label runs thrown in from time to time. I'm enjoying the original Mushi quite a lot now. I feel the urge to top my old scores, and start learning Ultra mode.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

DED

DDP DOJ (PS2) and within the next week my espgaluda should arrive!!
my blog <- with EXY fanart :>

Budloc

Ibara : i want to see the fifth stage on my first credit
Progear : i want to clear the first loop

Sperrfeuer

not playing but just  watched the MMP DVD (best part of the DVD is the DS Trailer) :whyioughtta:

maybe i'll give ketsui a try later....i own it since over 1year and played it less than 2 hours  :|
Edit: mission done.....1 year break again :?

Plasmo

GaijinPunch

Plasmo

THE ALLETT

Started playing Ibara again, i Might start looking into the boss milking to improve my score as i seem to be able to 1 credit this game on every go          :righton:   The only thing is i find milking so boring in games that i start making stupid errors as i try  not to go to sleep :|

EOJ

Quotethis games impossibly hard so no clear for now.

I'm sure you could get a 1CC if you just didn't medal in a run (play it like GER). Otherwise, maybe you should try and do the infinite lives trick to clear the game.
My score archive

Plasmo

To be serious, I'm actually completely desperated. I haven't experienced such difficulty before (maybe apart from doj second loop...) Not medalling isn't satisfying in any way, I wouldn't even make it to the highscore table lolz. I really need to consider trying other stuff like the infinite lives "bug". It's just not possible the regular way...
 :|

EOJ

QuoteI really need to consider trying other stuff like the infinite lives "bug".

Consider it a "trick" rather than a "bug" and everything becomes clearer. Getting the trick to work is about as hard as 1CCing a normal Cave game anyway. After that the game becomes Score Attack PLUS mode! :righton:
If you want to compete with the scores of the top PS players in Japan (like Galford), you have to do this trick.

Pink Sweets is a very curious game that isn't meant to be played like any game that has come before it.
My score archive

Gakidou

QuoteIt's just not possible the regular way...

After just having credit fed to the end of the game I must agree with this statement. Stage 6 especially is absurdly difficult and probably requires that you memorize it from beginning to end to stand a chance.

Plasmo

@Gakidou
Even if you memorize everything perfectly (which isnt too hard after spending hours on Score Attack mode) the Rank is what really kills you. Stage 6 in Arcade Mode is about 10 times as hard as the Score Attack Stage 6. The snake/laser section is *impossible* even if you play super safe only using your shield ITS JUST NOT POSSIBLE!! OMG!

This is getting extremely Off-Topic. Maybe you want to delete it EOJ. :oops:

EOJ

Nah, go ahead with your discussion. Or just take it over to the Pink Sweets Strategy thread.
My score archive

lowemark

EOJ

Quotesince yesterday:
Pink Sweets.

I like it.

Welcome to Hell.
My score archive

lowemark

Quotesince yesterday:
Pink Sweets.

I like it.

Welcome to Hell.
thanks, I'm sure I'll enjoy my stay.    :D

gsl

DeathSmiles has gotten most of my money lately, as it's the closest Cave game I've come to getting a 1CC on, so I won't rest until that happens.  The place I'm staying right now has a little arcade whose shooter pickings are slim but quality: DeathSmiles, Ketsui, and Mushi Futari Black Label, all at 50 yen a go.  I gave Mushi Futari a few goes on both Original and Maniac, but haven't touched Ketsui--it seems like one of those that would require a lot of consistent practice.

Back where I normally stay, ESP Galuda II, Dodonpachi, Ketsui, and Muchi Muchi Pork all get a little play when I'm waiting for someone else to get off the DeathSmiles machine.

drboom

For the past two weeks, Ketsui non-stop. I had a party to play Rockband last Friday and had the candy cab and Robotron cocktail on on for those not playing RB and Ketsui turned so many people off that I put in Mushihimesama. The next day I played a few rounds of Mushi and immediately swapped Ketsui back in. I'm really into it right now. The stage 3 boss is kicking my ass.

EOJ

It's been Pink Sweets for me the past couple days. Trying to get that infinite lives trick to work! I'm oh so close.
My score archive

KOMA

Still Mushi BL for me...when i have time....lot of work this days! :evil:

freddiebamboo

Playing a combination of DOJ (trying for 100mil+) and Dangun (1CC).

Its depressing the amount of time I've put into DOJ for the crap score I have, hopefully I'll get a run which pulls all the practice together soon...

EOJ

I'm back to playing Muchi Muchi Pork! and loving it. :righton:
My score archive

jpj

RGC

Dangun PCB (Aiming for better consistency, and ST5)
Donpachi PSX (Still trying to beat the first loop)
Mushi has gone on the back burner 'til I have a breakthrough with these. Need to invest more hours.

Sycada

Mushihimesama PS2
I'm desperately trying to get back to my old rhythm in this game, at the moment I can't even crack my old high score list  :oops:

drboom

Quote from: jpjuo poko

:oops:  :oops:  :oops:
Nothing wrong with that - I've been playing mine as well. Pretty good, but I'm interested to see how good Mushihimetama is and if it moves the game on some.

Sperrfeuer

Bee storm...warming up for Daifukkatsu :laugh:
i like the energy mode....filling up the powerbar via scratching bullets is cool

EOJ

Ketsui! And a bit of Mushi Futari BL God mode on the side.
My score archive

zakk

Galuda 2!

Almost broke 100M tonight. I don't feel I'm adequately taking advantage of the end of stage 2's scoring potential either.