Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label [JP X360, February 3rd, 2011]

Started by GaijinPunch, November 26, 2010, 04:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moozooh

Might also be a very local HDD problem (bad blocks where BL is installed, for instance).
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

Van_Artic

Quote from: Shalashaska on February 07, 2011, 03:27:14 PM
Anybody else having "issues" with the game? The scoreboard, as already discussed, is definitely glitchy. While I haven't had problems yet with replays (though I've only watched 2) I've noticed that the board shows your last used ship for your highest score. For instance, my high score is with B-Power. I played some with A-Bomb and my overall hi-score then showed A-Bomb. I then played some C-Strong and the board then showed I got my best score with C-Strong.
happens to me as well (i'm using the BL DLC)

emphatic

When I press the "Y" button, earlier (before I got DDP-DFK 1.5) the "Install game to hdd" option was available, but for a while now it doesn't show up anymore. My hdd isn't full, so did they change the way you install games in one of the recent dashboard updates?

Killer French Bread

I've been getting the grinding noises and I haven't even bought the BL DLC yet. Tried a few other shmups and they were fine (Mushi 1.5 noisy, but in its usual way). It's made me reluctant to play DFK now.

emphatic

I fired up the 360 again a moment ago, and now I can install to hdd. Is that option related to being logged into the Marketplace? If I'm on my Japanese account I get logged out very frequently, so just adding friends is kind of a chore.  :facepalm:

Also snapped a juicy photo (replay of the highest replay available in slow motion is great for photography):

Animaitor

WOW! Nice pic, emphatic. I won't play BL until next month, when I get the MMP/PS as well.

seiatsu

While on paper arranged mode sounds great/exciting, I'm finding it hard to see / know what the hell is going on. The screen is so full of stuff that I can barely find the patterns. Granted this is only after a couple of credits so of course I will give it more time. I just hope it ends up being as great as we all hoped it could be.

drunkninja

Quote from: seiatsu on February 07, 2011, 06:59:55 PM
While on paper arranged mode sounds great/exciting, I'm finding it hard to see / know what the hell is going on. The screen is so full of stuff that I can barely find the patterns. Granted this is only after a couple of credits so of course I will give it more time. I just hope it ends up being as great as we all hoped it could be.

That just seems to be true of BL in general, especially when you jack up the rank.  The chip boxes don't seem to clash that much, especially since they're a pretty stark contrast from the bullets.  Hell, I think out of all the versions of the game I've played, the hardest bullets to see are the first few shots from the first boss in 1.5.  Slim bright pink bullets + light colored background = more than a few retarded deaths at that boss.

EOJ

Finally got the retail version today and tried out Arrange mode. I have to say it's probably the prettiest 2D shooting game I've ever seen. So much crap on the screen, and so many brilliant colors.

I'm not a big Ketsui fan, but if you are, you'll probably love this game.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Van_Artic

I can't afford the retail version for now (i'm so glad to own a j-360 now) but the DLC is a great add for the 1.5 disc anyway

I'm loving/hating to play Power Mode, the difficulty is somehow manageable, and it doesn't give much advantage to Hyper spam; that will teach me to dodge more than before

a small tip: if you can't manage to dodge while using the red shot, but you want to keep the red gauge to the max, just hold shot and tap laser, it works amazingly well on the bosses, if they are left with a bit of health, but you want to finish them while the screen is loaded with bullets, that will help

Strider77

I got mine in the mail yesterday (Monday), enjoying it quite a bit. It's kinda like a yagawa game fused with futari in way, to me anyways. Really liking it so far but I haven't started to try and sink my teeth into it though. Played it some last night for about an hour. Recently snagged a few Mega Drive shooters (eliminate down and gley lancer) that were pulling me away.

Think I prefer this to 1.5 also, but it doesn't make me hate 1.5 though.

Now I just need them to port Ibara BL and I'll be REALLY happy.

Side note, I noticed there is a DLC option in the list of choices at the start up menu. I wonder if they are going to offer 1.5 as DLC for the BL retail disc. That would be an interesting move/option for folks.

ave

Mh, aber watching SIN's replay of arrange mode, I believe it looks quite a bit like the regular Black Label version. Are there any differences between Black Label and Ketsui-Label except that there are boxes on the screen?

The concept of Ketsui (play risky, get into close combat) becomes a little obsolete here since in DFK you're always in close combat - an entire army of zako enemies right beneath you all the time, so timing & risk in terms of closerange combat does not really exist in this version. After seeing some videos, I think DFK BL looks superior in terms of gameplay and aesthetics.
東亜プラン4ライフ

Van_Artic

Quote from: ave on February 09, 2011, 08:13:39 AM
Mh, aber watching SIN's replay of arrange mode, I believe it looks quite a bit like the regular Black Label version. Are there any differences between Black Label and Ketsui-Label except that there are boxes on the screen?
i think there are some differences on the red gauge, it seems to decrease rapidly when you collect large stars or something like that
IMO the coolest idea are the boxes that actually increase your GP counter

EOJ

Yeah, the red gauge acts differently, as do hypers. In Arrange, the red gauge decreases when you collect 1-5 chips, but increases when you collect 10 chips. Collecting 1-5 chips is similar to Ibara Kuro, as in that game when you bombed bullets, all the roses collected lowered the rank gauge.

BTW the Doom fight is incredible - some of the coolest bullet patterns I've ever seen. The credits say Ikeda programmed Arrange, but Ichimura and Inoue programmed the Doom fight in Arrange.
My score archive

Pointman

Quote from: bitkid on February 07, 2011, 01:53:55 PM
I thought Neo-Arcadia had a BL kit for sale on AO. Did he finally sell it?

Yep I was the one that bought it  :)

However if ever you get bored of that Akai Katana Ltd Ed of yours Superpang I'd gladly trade you the BL for it  ;)

supergrafx

I got my retail copy this Monday and have played it (BL), 3-4 runs a night and like it much more than 1.5. Don't feel sorry about selling 1.5 at all now. Played arrange and think it looks cool but not as much as original Ketsui or BL DFK for that matter... BL is VERY NICE  :righton:

seiatsu

Quote from: seiatsu on February 07, 2011, 06:59:55 PM

Ok...after having spent some more time with arrange (although not as much as I hoped...its been a hectic week) its starting to become easier to see through all the chaos. At the end of the day...I'm really starting to dig it. Now to try and figure out all of the intricacies.

EOJ

Quote from: ave on February 09, 2011, 08:13:39 AM

Yes, lots (bullet patterns, rank, hypers, bullet cancelling, multipliers, etc). If you play it like DFK BL you will do quite poorly in regard to score.

The concept of Ketsui (play risky, get into close combat) becomes a little obsolete here since in DFK you're always in close combat - an entire army of zako enemies right beneath you all the time,

Um, no. In Ketsui arrange you need to point blank a lot of enemies when you kill them, just like in Ketsui. You don't need to do this in DFK BL (most of the time you'll be on the bottom of the screen or hugging one side of the screen).

. After seeing some videos, I think DFK BL looks superior in terms of gameplay and aesthetics.

It depends what you like. If you like Ketsui a lot, you'll probably like the DFK Arrange better. If you like MMP a lot (like me), you'll probably like DFK BL better. DFK BL plays like Muchi Muchi Pork mixed with Daifukkatsu except you do all the MMP-style boss milking in the stages, rather than on the bosses.
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

Hive

Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

EOJ

There's a replay of a 608bil Zatsuza ALL with B-Strong on the retail ver's leaderboards.
My score archive

Killer French Bread

Received my copy today and have a strange problem with it that I couldn't find anyone else mentioning - if I play Black Label mode, then exit out to the options menu on the main screen and look under screen settings the game freezes. Happened twice now. Thought it was my console at first, but because it occured in the same spot under the same circumstances it might be the game. Haven't been online to add any patches that have been released.

colour_thief

Quote from: Hive on February 11, 2011, 03:21:31 PM
Quote from: emphatic on February 07, 2011, 05:47:23 PM

OMG.. 

Wish I could get that exact shot in direct-feed.
What a great shot!

Hey! I actually have video capture gear that can take a lossless screenshot of anything an X360 can output via VGA. Let me know what resolution you want and I'll hook you up.

SuperPang

I finally got myself a DFK BL kit and it could well be one of my favourite Cave games, it's stupidly good. Makes 1.5 look like a piece of crap. Now to fire up Ketsupachi..

EOJ

kuchiniko's C-STRONG score is now up to 1.03 trillion on the port (no replay was uploaded, so I have no idea how he got such a score). This is almost double what his previous score was (566bil), as well as double the current arcade version WR. I think you can score much higher on the port with C-STRONG because they fixed the problem in stage 5 where the on screen display and bullets (and even your own ship) would temporarily disappear when a lot of stuff was on the screen, making these sections a nightmare on the arcade version.
My score archive

Shalashaska

Shalashaska

I think there's a bug with the stage 5 boss. On 3 different occasions I've instantly died on her very last pattern when she shoots out her little bombs that explode into crisscrossing, circular blue bullets. The rank bar is usually not in the red because I hyper the first pattern of her last form. It wears off right around the time she moves into her final pattern. She lets loose the slow moving fireballs then shoots out those bombs and as soon as they explode I die with nothing around me. ??? Anybody else have this happen?

I've been playing a bit of Arrange finally. How do you fight Doom? Same requirements as facing Hibachi?

Shalashaska

Patch is out. I'm guessing this is the fix for the replays?

EOJ

My score archive

Shalashaska

Not sure if it has been mentioned already but if you defeat Doom you unlock a gamer pic. And answering my own question, you just have to 1CC arrange to meet Doom.