Deathsmiles II X [JP X360, May 27th, 2010 | US X360 GoD, May 17th, 2011]

Started by EOJ, February 26, 2010, 11:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Port announced today at the Shooting Festa in Akihabara.
Details:

-7 stages total (2 more than the arcade version)
-2 new characters (Follett and Rosa)
-Updated graphics (16:9 mode)
-New bosses
-There will be a LE with a remixed soundtrack
-Release date: May 27th!

EDIT: Official site is up:
http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/deathsmiles2x/index.html
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

neomoe

EOJ

Yeah, it's coming out in Japan before Deathsmiles is released in the USA! Hope you got your JP X360.  ;)
My score archive

neomoe

exactly, it's reasons like that why I have NO regrets about getting a jpn 360. 

EOJ

New update:

First print will include a DLC card that lets you select the new remixed soundtrack in-game. Without this, you can only use the original Arcade music.

I'd avoid play-asia in preordering this one, since they tend to fuck up the whole "first print DLC" thing!
My score archive

Elixir

May is pretty close, I thought it wouldn't be until at least September.

Requesting a DeathSmiles 2 strategy thread. Any takers?

cstarflare

Shalashaska

I can't say I'm terribly surprised though a little disappointed (was hoping for a DFK port though I'm sure that'll come eventually). May 27th is exciting though and way sooner than I think any of us expected. I'm looking forward to giving this game a proper try as the few credits I played last month were pretty fun, much more so than I thought it'd be. I wonder if they'll offer all the revisions this game has gone through whether on the disc or through DLC?

brentsg

Quote from: EOJ on February 26, 2010, 11:05:31 PM
Port announced today at the Shooting Festa in Akihabara.
Details:

-7 stages total (2 more than the arcade version)
-2 new characters (Follett and Rosa)
-Updated graphics (16:9 mode)
-New bosses
-There will be a LE with a remixed soundtrack
-Release date: May 27th!

They should be able to update the arcade release to keep up with the port.

EOJ

Pics and info galore. We can see there will be at least an "Deathsmiles II X" mode and an "Arrange" mode. The widescreen looks a little weird, I hope they give us an "arcade mode" with the original 4:3! The updated graphics are definitely an improvement:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1232480_1124.html

New stages:

My score archive

EOJ

Wow, the official site is already up!  :o

http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/deathsmiles2x/index.html

Guess it's called "Deathsmiles II X". There is a trailer movie there, download and watch it!
Also states they added ranks 1-3 for each stage, like Deathsmiles had.

Press release:
http://www.cave-shop.jp/site/d2x/p/20100227.pdf
My score archive

EOJ

Just watched the promo vid, and it looks awesome. I'm really excited for this now. The new stage looks great, and it's super cool to have Follett back in it.

But what's up with that song they play during the last minute of the vid? Some of the worst shit I've ever heard in my life.
My score archive

fuse

This is awesome news. Can't believe how quickly they can push them out now! Anyone taking bets on DFK being out before the year's out?  :laugh:

Video is taking a very long time to download but I can't wait to see it.

EOJ

Quote from: fuse on February 27, 2010, 03:05:54 AM
This is awesome news. Can't believe how quickly they can push them out now! Anyone taking bets on DFK being out before the year's out?  :laugh:

Yeah, I think DFK will be their big Fall 2010 release, just like Futari was their Fall 2009 release. Hopefully M2 will do the port!
My score archive

HVL

Ast-Kot

あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

antares

Quote from: EOJ on February 26, 2010, 11:24:43 PM
New update:

First print will include a DLC card that lets you select the new remixed soundtrack in-game. Without this, you can only use the original Arcade music.

Wow, that really gets me excited as it is something I've wished for for a long time. If you play a shmup over several months even the most awesome soundtrack will get boring. Great to have a choice to switch to a remixed soundtrack :)

Elixir

The trailer didn't really do anything for me. They didn't show off much of the game and I don't think the person playing was very skilled.

Also

DEATHSMAILS

retre

Quote from: EOJ on February 27, 2010, 03:23:53 AM
Quote from: fuse on February 27, 2010, 03:05:54 AM

Yeah, I think DFK will be their big Fall 2010 release, just like Futari was their Fall 2009 release. Hopefully M2 will do the port!

And like DS previously: first a BL in pcb then the port.

Jockel

Quote from: Elixir on February 27, 2010, 05:08:19 AM
The trailer didn't really do anything for me. They didn't show off much of the game and I don't think the person playing was very skilled.

Also

DEATHSMAILS
Death himself sent you his mails.

SuperPang

I think this confirms no one on this forum will ever buy a DSII arcade kit, including me =D

adverse

neomoe

this looks great, and I love the cover art...hope the LE one is nice too.

still cant believe how soon this is coming out...especially considering all the extras.  I guess they weren't kidding when they said they cut down their development time.

Monouchi

brentsg

neomoe

does anyone know if this video is on xbox live yet?  If it iis, I'd rather connect and download it to watch on my tv instead of my laptop :)

VxD

Although I would have prefered DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu, I am rejoiced by this announcement. I wasn't expecting it so soon! It's only 2 months and a half from now...

The good news is that we will probably get a 100% accurate port, since the hardware between a X360 and a PC is more or less equivalent. :D
And it gives them more time to work on the DFK port in the background...

Hive

predictable, but SO EXCITING, none-the-less!!  =D

thanks for all the info, EOJ
Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

fuse

Quote from: neomoe on February 27, 2010, 06:31:06 PM
does anyone know if this video is on xbox live yet?  If it iis, I'd rather connect and download it to watch on my tv instead of my laptop :)
Yup, there's a 150mbish version on the Japanese marketplace.

lam47

The updated visuals really are an improvement. I almost like it as much as the pre rendered DS now :)