Deathsmiles II X [JP X360, May 27th, 2010 | US X360 GoD, May 17th, 2011]

Started by EOJ, February 26, 2010, 11:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Your option leeches the blue rings, so try and hit the enemy with just the option (or mainly the option), rather than your shot. Also, the closer you are, the more rings you get (proximity effect).
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Ast-Kot

You must use only your option's fire for leeching blue rings
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

antares

EOJ

Tested Arcade mode some more - the rapid fire bug is still in there. It doesn't happen as often, but it still happens, particularly on the boss Tamecos.
The missing slowdown is making the game much harder when playing for score. I'd rather they just kept it as it was before the patch, in regard to slowdown. Even if it meant the OSD disappearance still occurred.

I guess I could always delete patch, and play it like that, but it's a real shame we have to choose from a buggy fucked up version with accurate slowdown & boss patterns, and a fixed version with fucked up slowdown & boss patterns. Lose-lose situation.

My score archive

EOJ

I've noticed something odd in Arcade mode - if I play repeatedly, exiting out of a bad run and starting fresh, after awhile (10 runs or so) the game has noticable slowdown in each stage transition, and has extra slowdown before most boss fights. Some problem with loading? I'm running everything off the hdd.

I also had the game (Arcade mode) freeze on a black screen right after I cleared it. I would have had well over 900mil w/ Lei, but thanks to the freeze I'll never know my exact score. This game is still not bug free!
My score archive

Lunchbox

Sorry to hear that.
So, at the end, is worth to download the patch?

I used to think that porting this game would be some kind of "cut and paste " :-\
No arcades in Spain.

EOJ

Yes, the patch is still worth it, overall. I think the black screen freeze thing happened in the non-patched version too.
My score archive

dan76

Quote from: EOJ on July 15, 2010, 11:07:54 PM
I also had the game (Arcade mode) freeze on a black screen right after I cleared it. I would have had well over 900mil w/ Lei, but thanks to the freeze I'll never know my exact score. This game is still not bug free!

I had this happen a few times... I reinstalled it onto my HDD, hasn't happened since.
XBL gamertag: durango76uk
www.1ccgames.com

EOJ

My score archive

HVL

Quote from: durango76 on July 16, 2010, 07:06:47 AM
Quote from: EOJ on July 15, 2010, 11:07:54 PM

I had this happen a few times... I reinstalled it onto my HDD, hasn't happened since.

Happened twice to me, once before reinstalling, once after. In other words, it didn't work for me.

EOJ

This game has sold poorly, and like Ketsui (another poor selling game), it's recently had its price drastically lowered on Amazon Japan. 3400 yen for the SE, 5100 yen for the LE

My score archive

MX7

Quote from: EOJ on July 23, 2010, 06:54:03 PM
This game has sold poorly, and like Ketsui (another poor selling game), it's recently had its price drastically lowered on Amazon Japan. 3400 yen for the SE, 5100 yen for the LE

Jesus! It's a shame Amazon.jp don't do international shipping, or I'd be over it like a hot snot.

HVL

Anyone else noticed that the arcade mode doesn't have the "enemy" indicators, which tell when an enemy is coming and from which direction?

What the hell, CAVE.

njiska

Quote from: HVL on July 25, 2010, 08:46:45 AM
Anyone else noticed that the arcade mode doesn't have the "enemy" indicators, which tell when an enemy is coming and from which direction?

What the hell, CAVE.

Yeah, that caught me off guards too. Probably the number one cause of unintended damage for me.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

EOJ

Wow, I never noticed that. Guess I never paid attention to those indicators in the Arcade version. Still, what a weird omission.
My score archive

antares

Quote from: EOJ on July 23, 2010, 06:54:03 PM
This game has sold poorly, and like Ketsui (another poor selling game), it's recently had its price drastically lowered on Amazon

Didn't Asada post short before the release that they had 35,000 preorders? So I guess Cave still made good money from the port.

EOJ

He said they had 30K preorders, yes. But those were just orders from shops (based on the success of Deathsmiles), and people aren't buying them as the shops hoped, hence the drastic price drops. From what I can gather it's sold about 20K.

So Cave likely made a nice profit on this, but on the downside, the shops probably won't order so many copies of their next release.
My score archive

evil_ash_xero

They should bring Jun back, go with sprites, and make a proper sequel. That would make them some cash.

EOJ

Review is up on the front page:

http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=227

For the first time, I've included pictures.  :righton:
My score archive

SP3RRFEUER

Quote from: EOJ on November 17, 2010, 11:24:04 PM

Superb review. 100% agree
I think rewarding risky play with high scores is important. [Toshiaki Tomizawa]

Hive

Quote from: EOJ on November 17, 2010, 11:24:04 PM

lovely review~

I can't wait to play this game
Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

SuperPang

After reading that review, and with Christmas approaching I decided to give Arcade mode a whirl (my copy has been shelved for various reasons) and I bloody love it. When you get used to the fugly graphics, the slightly wooly feeling lock on and the bizarre omission of the warning arrows, it's a heap of fun. I'm going to have to move the arcade version up my priority list now. Damn you EOJ!

HVL

Damn right. People who bitch haven't played it, or have played for 2 credits without a clue.

Also, if you play well, I think the graphics are far from ugly. Rings everywhere!

SuperPang

brentsg

I wish they would patch arcade mode's screen options.  I play it on a small CRT and have to stretch the heck out of everything for arcade mode.

Hive

That was a great point that EOJ made, when he said this is a Christmas game.
It really does give an ambiance and overall feeling of Christmas.

lillin

Quote from: Hive on November 20, 2010, 02:41:37 PM
This year, I'm writing my letter to Satan Claus =D

EOJ

In the end credits he's called Satan Crows.  :laugh:

BTW glad you guys are finally discovering this game.  :righton:
My score archive

njiska

Quote from: Hive on November 20, 2010, 02:41:37 PM

Yeah this is definitely my christmas morning wake up plan.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

Hive

It's also makes a good game for Halloween.  :lol: