Deathsmiles II X [JP X360, May 27th, 2010 | US X360 GoD, May 17th, 2011]

Started by EOJ, February 26, 2010, 11:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Just watched it. It shows the Ruins stage in X Mode at Rank 3. I'm not a fan of the widescreen look, but the gameplay looks pretty similar to Arcade ver 4.0. The boss patterns are definitely harder (different colored bullets too).

I don't care too much about X Mode though. I'm just buying this for the awesome Arcade ver 4.0.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

lmagus

Is there any place other than AmiAmi that sells this game at a reasonable price? I really wanted the Limited Ed for the first time, but it's so expensive everywhere else :/

antares

Will the Arcade mode also come with updated graphics or are they only for X mode?

EOJ

Should only be for X-Mode and Arrange mode.
My score archive

antares

That would be a shame as I love DS1 and your ongoing praise for DS2 made me really hot for this game but the arcade graphics in the videos look so ugly :(

EOJ

I always thought it looked fine when I played it in the arcades. Better than Otomedius G, Raiden IV, or Mamoru-kun.
My score archive

Shalashaska

I felt the same way. I always thought it looked like ass from the videos and screens I'd seen but when I actually played it I thought it looked fine.

antares

OK, I guess I'll see it myself soon enough. If it really looks better than Raiden IV I'll be happy :)

EOJ

New Cave blog post:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/

Asada says DSIIX's 'master up' will be finished next week. He also says he's thankful that this game has gotten 'many more preorders than Deathsmiles did'. Seems like this will be their biggest seller to date.

He says Guwange will follow soon after. He also says they'll announce their next title soon, and their release schedule "is looking a lot like last year". Sounds like we can look for this next release around November.
My score archive

SuperPang

Quote from: EOJ on April 16, 2010, 05:40:52 AM
He also says he's thankful that this game has gotten 'many more preorders than Deathsmiles did'. Seems like this will be their biggest seller to date.

:whyioughtta:

fuse

Must admit I'm surprised it's selling more than the original. Anyway, if it gets to the end of the year and I have DSII, Guwange, and DFK, I will be a happy man. 

EOJ

The Master Ver is now complete. In addition, Asada posted some info about the Arrange mode, and gives a picture of it there:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/

He says there's a "tension" meter (the 'heaven <-> hell' bar on the screen). It raises as you collect blue rings (needed to score), and lowers over time. It's a rank meter basically, the enemies get stronger and shoot out more bullets when the tension is high. Asada says high scores will require high tension play (big surprise!).

There is also a "magic charge" meter. It increases as you cancel bullets with your option, or destroy souls** with your shot.

There is a "defense barrier" that kicks in when you throw your option (apparently you can throw your option now!). It cancels all bullets that touch it.

**Souls are only in Arrange mode. When you destroy an enemy they release a soul that can be destroyed.
My score archive

adverse

EOJ

I watched the vid. That's the weirdest, most complicated arrange mode ever. There's like 87 totally different things going on at once.
My score archive

emphatic

adverse

Youtube for people who don't want to wait forever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep6p77t6tpQ

Asada is posting a ton of videos up at the blog right now but I'm probably going to fall asleep before they're downloaded.  zz

NR777

Hive

Quote from: adverse on April 23, 2010, 01:18:34 PM
Youtube for people who don't want to wait forever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep6p77t6tpQ

Asada is posting a ton of videos up at the blog right now but I'm probably going to fall asleep before they're downloaded.  zz

thanks for posting the YT vid, Adverse~

this was awesome to watch!!!!!  :laugh:
Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

adverse

HVL

Awesome videos! Really pumped up for the game. :righton:

dmauro

Quote from: adverse on April 24, 2010, 06:23:07 AM
Deathsmiles II X Mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUcDDFzXGVg

Can't wait to have this at home.
"MMEEEEEEE!!!!!!(rrrrry Christmas)"

That video actually whets my appetite for the game quite a bit. The lack of boss milking definitely helps. I'm still pretty put off by the super bland backgrounds though.

Why is she always being chased by sperm bullets? Do those tie into the story somehow? Santa is trying to impregnate the lolis?

I hope X mode has a 4:3 mode too.

Hive

Quote from: adverse on April 24, 2010, 06:23:07 AM
Deathsmiles II X Mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUcDDFzXGVg

Can't wait to have this at home.

thanks!

I especially liked when the book shelves were shooting out magazines  :laugh:
Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

brentsg

I can't wait to play this!

I guess there won't be much of a reason to own the "PCB" but I wonder if any boards with final code with start to surface with decent prices.

Or do they go back to Cave with that weird vendor arrangement they had on DS2?

Monouchi

Im prolly the only one that feels all "Meh" about DS2...
Im just gonna sit in my corner with Ketsui until DFK port arrives...   :whyioughtta:

cstarflare

Quote from: Monouchi on April 24, 2010, 03:33:17 PM
Im prolly the only one that feels all "Meh" about DS2...

Not at all, but I'm also well aware how I was Meh on a lot of games that I love before I got to play them. I'll grab it and if I don't like it, I'll just go back to playing the five other cave games I've got for the 360.

EOJ

The DSIIX vid looks neat, but still not as appealing to me as good ole' ver 4.0 Arcade. The second Arrange vid they put up (the one with Windia) makes me more excited for that mode - the boss milking looks fun. I'm going to guess Yagawa made this one.

And you silly people thinking of not buying this - don't be silly! Unless you hated Deathsmiles, you're going to love this game. It's one of my Cave faves.
My score archive

Monouchi

Well, even if I dont like it I will still buy it. (Allready pre-ordered at PA.)
Im gonna buy every port CAVE puts out, have to show my support.  :righton:

And my wife really liked DS so she can be the one playing DSII.

emphatic

The only thing that's not appealing to me regarding this game is the monitor orientation. I never play DeathSmiles now because of that. I just play TATE games. :D I guess I'll have to hook my 360 up to my LCD monitor when this comes out.

adverse

Some details on the port in the latest Famitsu Xbox 360:

■Deathsmiles II X Mode
・The lock-shot now requires you to have "lock shot gauge"
・Added to the game system are "power up reaction bullets" which spawn while you destroy enemies in power-up mode.  These are the blue bullets in the video posted earlier.

■Arrange mode
・In this mode, you throw your familiar like a disc into bullets.
・There is a "tension gauge" which causes enemy attacks to change, and a "magic power gauge" which gives you extra bombs.  Tension gauge is the "heaven" or "hell" gauge, and it raises when you pick up blue rings.  The magic power gauge raises when you destroy enemies with your thrown familiar or destroy souls with your shot.  At max, you get an extra bomb.
・You will automatically enter "heat up" when your item counter reaches 1000 which causes lots of items to appear when killing enemies.
・Skulls spawn when killing enemies with the lock shot.  They can be destroyed with regular shot.

MrTie

So whats up with the release, is it really May 27th, neither play-asia nor NCSX has a pre-order page up that I can find yet. Seem weird considering the launch date is mere weeks away.