Author Topic: atomiswave monitor adjustment  (Read 1211 times)

Offline zlk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Maniac Member
atomiswave monitor adjustment
« on: July 05, 2010, 03:57:01 PM »
I have an atomiswave cab with a weiya 3129d01 chasis and a samsung screen.  I have tried all adjustments to shrink the vertical size so that games like ibara display properly on my cab.  Right now I can't see the entire screen as the left and right parts are cut off.  The picture is too wide.  I found this video about adjusting the horizontal width coil : http://www.arcaderepairtips.com/2010/04/21/adjusting-the-horizontal-width-coil/

This seems like it could be helpful, but I can't find anything that looks like that on the chasis.  Any suggestions?  Does anyone know what all the pots do on the chasis?

I see there are some black plastic things sticking out of the back of the tube of the monitor.  Can these be adjusted?

Offline kernow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Maniac Member
Re: atomiswave monitor adjustment
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 06:15:28 AM »
You need VR7 pot on the chassis . v.size its called.

By the little black things do you mean coming off the big black block? thats the flyback if so and the 3 pots are inner/outer focus, and screen volts, none of these are going to help you really, and are usually factory set.

Offline zlk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Maniac Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 09:02:07 AM »
VR7 is already turned as far as it will go.  The screen is still too big unfortunately.   :(

Offline kernow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Maniac Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 09:21:55 AM »
mmm, could be the screen volts or b+ adjustment but its not really something to go fiddling with, both can cause the screen to be a bit too large however.