Magatta Banana - the JP chick whose scores destroy most of us schmucks

Started by EOJ, October 10, 2010, 04:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Her site:

http://banana.chu.jp/

Check out her current top scores:

Cave:
Deathsmiles (Arcade) - 379mil ALL w/ Follett (no EX)
Futari 1.5 (Arcade) - MANIAC - 640mil ALL w/ Normal Palm
Espgaluda 2 (Arcade) - 500mil ALL w/ Ageha
Progear (Arcade) - 140mil 2-ALL
Ketsui (Tsuujou) - 3XXmil 2-ALL
Ketsui (Ura) - up to 2-5 (no score given)
DDPDOJ (White label) - Up to 2-3 w/ B-L (no score given)

Non-Cave:
Battle Garegga - 12.6mil ALL
Soukyuugurentai - ALL clear

BTW I think GP met her years back in some arcade. I don't remember the story though. I think
she mainly played Progear back then.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

SuperPang

skykid

Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

brentsg

Quote from: SuperPang on October 10, 2010, 06:43:08 AM
But is she hot?

I found a picture of her on a weird overseas arcade forum.  I think she's working on a 2-ALL in this pic.

Tesuman

If she's wearing glasses, then I totally know who she is.

She frquents Hey and the Try Tower - and I think she even goes to the AM Expo and AOU shows.  I've seen her kick ass in Wolf Fang too.

Kaneda

Yea that's her (wearing the glasses, that is, not the poor thing posed in front of DOJ in that photo).

I've been calling her Progear Posey. I've seen her Ketsui game and she's badass.

The day Akai Katana came out we happened to be playing at the same arcade. On her (presumably first) credit, she played around with the first boss and let him time out, experimenting with some strategies. She knows the drill, it seems.

When she was done, I took my turn and cleared the game right there, which she gave a hearty "sugoi." I showed her who wears the pants in this hobby. Then reality set in that this game is easy as dirt. I'm sure she doubled my score many times over by the end of the evening.

MX7

Tesuman

Quote from: Kaneda on October 11, 2010, 09:05:40 AM
Yea that's her (wearing the glasses, that is, not the poor thing posed in front of DOJ in that photo).

I've been calling her Progear Posey. I've seen her Ketsui game and she's badass.

Is this her?

GaijinPunch

That's not her, and the few times I've met her she's not worn glasses.  She has short hair, which you can tell from her blog photos, although she always mosaic's her face.

QuoteBTW I think GP met her years back in some arcade. I don't remember the story though. I think
she mainly played Progear back then.

The Story... although I'm sure everyone's read it hundreds of times already. :)  Yeah, Progear & Ketsui were her specialty then.  She played a fair bit of Futari.  Magatta Banana had a BBS at one point which she was active on, but the spammers took it over so she shut it down, unfortunately.

joeboto

the girl in tesumans pic...  :)
damn it...
glass + shmups + japanese.
absolutely my dream girl right there.
and what? ketsui 2nd boss with 3 life and 4 bombs? seems like a perfect run.

ave

It looks like the lock-on options are shooting red shots although the player ship might be Panzer-J?ger since it seems to be purple. How can that be?

Oh, and there's this hot girl playing it, right.  =D
東亜プラン4ライフ

Kaneda

Quote from: GaijinPunch on December 29, 2010, 02:36:38 AM
That's not her, and the few times I've met her she's not worn glasses.  She has short hair, which you can tell from her blog photos, although she always mosaic's her face.

Then it looks like there's two. The one I was talking about is pictured there on Ketsui and she's real good.

Quote from: joeboto on December 29, 2010, 08:21:25 AM
damn it...

Unfortunately, that particular cab at HEY gives you two extra lives, so a less than ideal run (unless that was the loop).

The guy next to her on DOJ BL is a master player, LEN. He's held a few records in DFK and DS MBL.

GaijinPunch

Then it looks like there's two. The one I was talking about is pictured there on Ketsui and she's real good.

Information overload. :)  Zuho (The Magatta Banana chick) uses the score name BBB.  Or did, anyway.

Tesuman

Quote from: joeboto on December 29, 2010, 08:21:25 AM
damn it...

Her counter was at 3K+ at the 2nd phase of that boss. ;)

Animaitor

Interesting thread :laugh:

Here it goes my story... I might be wrong but I think adverse told me about a girl who was pretty good at Progear one evening while hanging out at Game In Ebisen. Not too hot in my opinion. She was around 35 or older, didn't wear glasses and came with her boyfriend, another pro gamer. Could be her?

The one I saw several times and had a chance to capture with my camera during the Shooting Festa 2010 was the "Senko no Ronde" girl. You can't see the face but this one wears glasses.

I also heard from Kaneda and adverse about another crazy girl (saw her talking to herself a few times at Hey) but don't know how good she was at shmups. Looked scarry though! It might be the one from Tesuman's picture.

This other one wasn't a great a great player for Japanese standards but was worth a couple of iPhone pics  :cool: I think she was killing time while waiting for her boyfriend to finish some run at Hey.

Deathsmiles

Espgaluda

It could be interesting to actually see the faces of superplayers mainly to realize these are real people and not some high tech Japanese robot cracking through stages. Found GP and EOJ's superplayer interview translations to be very intriguing, Thanks for that! I met RAM a couple of times. I'm sure Kaneda and others know him as well. Very nice guy and could speak English!! Working as a programmer for CAVE right now. He has a run on Ibara Kuro from The Lunatic DVD.

Anyone else has more superplayer pics?

emphatic

Dude

If you read threw her blog she seems to be quite the traveler and drinker ;) From what pics you can see on her blog that are not mosaicked out she looks pretty damn good looking. Appears to have a good chunk of change in her pocket as well.

This thread is kinda borderline stalking lol.

TheSoundofRed

Quote from: Dude on January 04, 2011, 01:42:01 PM

It's not like anyone is devising a plan to kidnap japanese superplayers and siphon out their superhuman shmup playing awesomeness...

or... 

Tesuman

If you read threw her blog she seems to be quite the traveler and drinker ;) From what pics you can see on her blog that are not mosaicked out she looks pretty damn good looking. Appears to have a good chunk of change in her pocket as well.

It's strategic acquisition of tactics.

Tsuzukeruze!!

GaijinPunch

Quote from: Animaitor on January 04, 2011, 12:24:21 PM
Very nice guy and could speak English!!
He studied abroad for a year I guess? I asked him about it.  He was like, "yeah, I studied abroad but forgot most of it".  I actually met him through AST.KOT... also with whom I spoke Japanese. O_o  So... We were probably a weird group of people to see walking down the street.

Animaitor

hahaha! Isn't AST.KOT Italian? I remember RAM talking about him. So you two ommunicate in Japanese!? =D Funny!

Hive

Quote from: Tesuman on January 04, 2011, 02:25:27 PM

It's strategic acquisition of tactics.

Tsuzukeruze!!

lmao
Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

GaijinPunch

Quote from: Animaitor on January 05, 2011, 09:58:42 AM
hahaha! Isn't AST.KOT Italian? I remember RAM talking about him. So you two ommunicate in Japanese!? =D Funny!

Yes, and yes.  His Japanese is stronger than his English.   And my Italian is zero, so...

EOJ

Just had a look and her blog is still active. Latest score is a 264mil Ketsui Ura 2-ALL with Panzer Jager from April 2016. Impressive stuff!!
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Plasmo

I have met a number of female STG players in Tokyo. They are a clear minority but you can still see them regularly on weekends. Raiden DX girl in particular stands out. Spot her at HEY. :righton: