Castlevania: Lords of Shadow [Xbox 360/PS3]

Started by thestreetzking, October 15, 2010, 08:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thestreetzking

anyone playing this? I am picking it up this weekend but wont be able to play until monday. There is a demo out however I have heard from numerous people that the stuff they put in the demo is horrible compared to the how awesome the game really is. I haven't heard any bad reviews yet.

EOJ

I've read wildly different opinions on this. I think the PS3 version has a slightly better frame rate?
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

njiska

I heard the PS3 release had the worse frame rate. It's crap either way.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

thestreetzking

I havent heard anything on the frame rates, heard a lot of good things about how it looks. The demo looked good, the game for xbox is 2 discs. I am a big fan of ninja gaiden and the gameplay is kinda similiar

cstle

Quote from: EOJ on October 15, 2010, 08:31:57 PM
I've read wildly different opinions on this. I think the PS3 version has a slightly better frame rate?
PS3 version is better, but it's pretty much unacceptable (to me) on either version. Hovers at around 20-25fps most of the time.

fuse

I tried the demo and thought the framerate was pretty poor... amongst other things. It's quite sad, I'm a huge Castlevania nerd but I have little to no interest in this - soon as I saw a big budget voice acting cast and the standard issue third-person action setup I just turned off completely. I'll no doubt grab it at some point (either wait for the UK LE, or will grab the US LE when I'm in the US next week), but I am so thoroughly underwhelmed.

thestreetzking

I gotta say I played it for 2 hours and it was pretty awesome. theres a feel of both ninja gaiden and dantes inferno. I liked both of those games so for me this game is pretty cool. Im not quite sure the story since I played at my friends house and just jumped in on chapter 2. There seems to be a lot to do, I know you have to go back and play the levels at least twice pending certain abilities. Im gonna pick it up next week, I just got a new gaming pc.

Danza

I got this in the post today and am up to "chapter 3" so far. Gotta love the AUD (parity with greenback) at the moment, getting the Asian region game for something like $45 USD when it will be $100-120 AUD in stores :rolleyes: But I digress..

I'm a pretty big CV nerd so yeah, I'm not overly impressed or feel very enthusiastic about it. For this type of game, it does play well and it didn't feel so bad playing it to be honest. But it really isn't Castlevania. I've seen reviews that say it is good you don't spend all your time wandering around a castle, uhhg.

The framerate is pretty bad as people have already pointed out.