Author Topic: New Siliconera interview with Asada  (Read 1512 times)

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Ultra Member
New Siliconera interview with Asada
« on: October 20, 2010, 08:50:26 PM »
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/10/20/makoto-asada-discusses-guwange-and-answers-your-cave-questions/

Highlights: he mentions Esprade is not planned yet, while they are in talks with a few companies no other game localizations outside of Japan are planned yet, news about their new Xbox 360 (Adventure) game will come at the start of the year, and they have no plans for PSN (or PS3). He also says that while they continue to focus on package (disc) releases, more XBLA releases will also follow. Dangun, perhaps?
My score archive
twitter: cavexstg
XBL gamertag: eojx9999

Offline njiska

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Maniac Member
    • Njiska's Blog
Re: New Siliconera interview with Asada
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 09:53:06 PM »
Not a bad interview, but not really a lot of substantial information either. more of a "We'll keep doin' what we're doin'" kind of talk.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

Offline JOW

• Maniac Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 03:19:00 AM »
Quote from: Asada
We are going to continue release package games, but you will see more XBLA games as well

...seems like a very positive comment - but elsewhere he says they are testing the XBLA waters with Guwange so I won't be expecting Cave's back catalogue to flood XBLA just yet.

And no questions about  his favoured hair products - wasted opportunity :|

Offline emphatic

• Ultra Member
  • Awesome.
    • My PCB collection
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 07:35:59 AM »
I hope lots of people will buy Guwange and convince them XBLA ports are worth the work.

Offline SuperPang

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Ultra Member
    • Arcade Otaku
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 07:52:04 AM »
That has to be the lamest Cave interview yet.

Offline skykid

• Maniac Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 09:22:55 AM »
That has to be the lamest Cave interview yet.

Yeah, bloody awful.  :P

"unique flare"

Shouldn't that be 'flair'. WTF is wrong with these people.
Quote from: SuperPang
Where DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

Offline HVL

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 09:40:18 AM »
Somebody wake me up when there's a Western CAVE interview that doesn't suck balls. Points for the awesome picture of Asada, though.

Not a bad interview, but not really a lot of substantial information either. more of a "We'll keep doin' what we're doin'" kind of talk.

"No news is good news."
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 09:56:30 AM by HVL »

Van_Artic

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 10:46:38 AM »
meh, this wasn't really an interview, i don't really see the point in asking about collaborations with people like ZUN, who's like an apathetic when it comes to licensed products

Offline njiska

• Maniac Member
    • Njiska's Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 10:49:05 AM »
meh, this wasn't really an interview, i don't really see the point in asking about collaborations with people like ZUN, who's like an apathetic when it comes to licensed products

Well lets be fair a lot of the questions did come from Shmups forum. And of course they're now roasting them and accusing them of bad journalism because they didn't ask about region coding. Even though the issue has been put to bed.

To be fair Cave never seems to be that forthcoming with information in these interviews, even the ones conducted in Japanese.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

Offline brentsg

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 10:51:06 AM »
They aren't that forthcoming in interviews, but to be fair they do a pretty good job communicating when it's time.  They are pretty proactive across a number of different channels (blogs, twitter, etc).

Van_Artic

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 11:00:40 AM »
Well lets be fair a lot of the questions did come from Shmups forum. And of course they're now roasting them and accusing them of bad journalism because they didn't ask about region coding. Even though the issue has been put to bed.
that happened like... 8 months ago? still it won't stop people asking for a ray of hope, it's sickening after a while

i hope the adventure game will be good

Offline dan76

• Maniac Member
    • www.1ccgames.com
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 02:00:18 PM »
It's a great interview in that he answers the questions asked, but that's all he does :laugh:

Most western developers, given the chance, will sprout on about any old garbage until they are blue in the face. This interview was perfunctory, maybe even austere to us westerners - good.
XBL gamertag: durango76uk
www.1ccgames.com

Offline lillin

• Maniac Member
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 02:32:00 PM »
I get the questions about guwange, digital distribution and such.
But a question about the doujin developers? Plus imho it's weird that they did not ask anything about  DFK or the MMP/PS bundle. Finally, it's not a big surprise that we didn't get any new info, if they wanna announce something they will do it on their blog, twitter etc.

Offline HVL

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 11:49:22 AM »
Cave Survey Asks What Games You Want On iPhone

They sure love spoonfeeding this cellphone crapola to westerners, huh? I wish they were this active wrt their arcade games and proper console ports.

Offline skykid

• Maniac Member
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 09:13:04 PM »

Ha ha, I don't think they're 'roasting' them - that's a bit much. There's only a few responses all along the same lines as us here. Only Elixir is waffling about region stuff, because waffling is what he does.  :)
Quote from: SuperPang
Where DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away