News from the recent Cave meeting (Ibara Kuro port? DDP Campaign, etc)

Started by EOJ, November 01, 2010, 05:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

lillin

Monouchi

Thanks for the translation.  :righton:

Ibara/Kuro pack would be very nice.
A Mushihimesama port without the filters would be very nice.

dan76

Yep, thanks for the translation. It would be great to have Mushihimesama ported to the 360, but it seems to have been forgotten about, maybe because of the mighty Futari, the PS2 port and the funny button tapping.  

I'm thinking that after DFK and the Pink Pork pack the lion's share of cave games will have been ported, so there may be some hope for mushi - and who knows, maybe a new killer arcade game.
XBL gamertag: durango76uk
www.1ccgames.com

Medal

I'm still curious to see what the console exclusive will be like. I'd love to have a Mushi 1 360 port, though. I'd love even more to have another Ibara port, but I already have the PCB, and I recall liking Mushi 1 more than Futari (barring the scoring system), but I haven't played Mushi 1 in well over a year, and I won't be able to any time soon.

emphatic

Just imagine a Mushihime-Sama Black Label for the 360 with the same system as Futari BL - in high res as well as with an Arcade Mode. Please, someone @ M2 pick this up for a 360 port.  :righton:

Monouchi

Quote from: emphatic on November 04, 2010, 10:08:13 AM
Just imagine a Mushihime-Sama Black Label for the 360 with the same system as Futari BL - in high res as well as with an Arcade Mode. Please, someone @ M2 pick this up for a 360 port.  :righton:

:righton:

I really really like Mushi. The thing that makes me not play it as much is the horrible filter on the PS2.
Maybe I should try and find a PCB...

lmagus

Quote from: emphatic on November 04, 2010, 10:08:13 AM

i wet my pants thinking of that :D

caincan

totally dedicated so  :o.   the only problem was to be the best to play it to gain this version.  :-\.  did one international player (even Prometheus).. could have succeeded such thing..

EOJ

Quote from: EOJ on November 02, 2010, 04:42:05 PM
I don't recall them ever saying they had 2 or 3 - people just assumed that because there was one playable at a Cave festival. According to Cave, there is only one

A correction is in order. sven666 over on arcadeotaku.com forums has reminded us that there were 2 Campaign PCBs available for play at the first Cave festival. I posted a reply to his comment here:

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13507#p173911
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Quote-There is only one Dodonpachi Campaign PCB in the world, and they can't find the original code anymore, so chances of a port
are close to zero.

Well, we know that's total bullshit.  Either they made extra(s) or they have the code.  In all honesty, I take everything anyone at Cave says with a shaker of salt.  "We have no plans to make another Dodonpachi".  2 months later they announced Daifukkatsu.

EDIT
QuoteA correction is in order. sven666 over on arcadeotaku.com forums has reminded us that there were 2 Campaign PCBs available for play at the first Cave festival. I posted a reply to his comment here:

Didn't read page 2.  Basically what Sven said. Over written?  Very likely.  But the code lost?  I don't think so.  I think that's a cop out done by a lot of big companies.  The fact is, even 20 years ago when code was shared amongst developers in a project, it's always saved in some type of code management system.  It would be hard (and amazingly stupid) to simply lose it.

EOJ

Quote from: GaijinPunch on November 13, 2010, 10:16:09 PM
Quote-There is only one Dodonpachi Campaign PCB in the world, and they can't find the original code anymore, so chances of a port
are close to zero.

Well, we know that's total bullshit.  Either they made extra(s) or they have the code.  

I'm betting Ikeda kisses it goodnight every day before it puts it under his pillow.

I don't see why Asada would lie about them not having a Campaign PCB anymore, and there only being one currently in existence (the prize PCB). The guys at the meeting were hardcore dudes (for example, SIN, who asked most of these questions), who were at their festivals before (obviously aware of the playable Campaign PCBs). And Cave did mention that if they 'find' the source code, they'd like to release it with Arrange modes.

I think it's neat if Ikeda is really hiding it away. Well, neat for the prize PCB owner. There are few things that are truly 'one in the world' in terms of games, and from a business standpoint, honoring the role of a 'prize' PCB can't be an easy thing to do if you know lots of people would pay good money for it. I'd much rather have one of the 3 Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 RED LABEL PCBs given away (ABI has one, but he never talks about it), but that's just me.  :)

PS- While I translated this info from a JP dude's blog, I heard the part about the DDP Campaign PCB during the live streaming video, so I can confirm it came directly from Cave.  
My score archive

Monouchi

"Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 RED LABEL"

I didnt know about this one, is there any info about what was changed?

EOJ

It was a score-trial version playable at the first Cave festival. It had a Ketsui-like system involving proximity, and the counter would flash red when you needed to change buttons. I think only Original mode was changed, though.
My score archive

Monouchi

Quote from: EOJ on November 15, 2010, 12:37:20 AM
It was a score-trial version playable at the first Cave festival. It had a Ketsui-like system involving proximity, and the counter would flash red when you needed to change buttons. I think only Original mode was changed, though.

Thanks.
Sounds fun.

GaijinPunch

Zoran0

If Cave will release an Ibara Kuro port I will consider selling my full kit  :)