Main Menu

Worthwhile PSN content?

Started by brentsg, April 16, 2011, 04:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brentsg

A family member gave me $40 worth of Playstation Network credit for a gift.  I almost never use PSN, unfortunately.

What good content can I check out, say from the last year or so (excluding cross-platform stuff)?

Thanks

kernow

ookitarepanda

I actually like Flower. And if you're totally homo, you might too.  :righton:

If you're into racing, WipeOut HD was pretty sweet.

As for the other stuff... the psone classics are cool to have, if you don't have the disc games. You can also check out the Japanese import section which, THANKFULLY, has the Cho Aniki game for PS1. [Reapply comment about Flower]

EOJ

Critter Crunch is awesome.

Also, Mortal Kombat II. Love that game, it's pretty much the only thing I play on my PS3.

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

kernow

Flower is actually good, I forgot about that. If you like tower defense games PixelJunk Monsters is great also.

It's been a while since I turned either machine on hmm.

SuperPang

Wipeout HD

and that's about it.

Oh, you might want to give Everyday Shooter a look.

brentsg

I already have Wipeout.

I grabbed the demos of these things mentioned, and I tried the pixeljunkie shooter for a few minutes.  It didn't grab me immediately, but I'll try again.

Thanks for the suggestions.

drunkninja

I'd definitely check out Soldner-X 2.  It's actually a pretty damned good euroshmup IMO.

bitkid

A bunch of the old Squaresoft PS1 games are up there now if you're into that kind of thing. Plus they will play on PS3 and PSP if you have both. So far I have downloaded Xenogears, Legend of Mana, Vagrant Story, FF7, FF8, FF9, and also R-Type Delta for my shooty fix. :D

Special World

Clash of Heroes HD is amazing

Critter Crunch, by the same company, is also good, though one powerup is ultra imbalanced.

Pac Man CE:DX is great

Super Meat Boy is one of the best games of all time (that's on PSN, right?)

PSN is mostly terrible compared to XBLA though, imo.