Started by EOJ, December 09, 2007, 06:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Shalashaska

Well my 1.5 kit should be arriving at my mainland house either tomorrow or Friday. Too bad I wont be able to play it until I go home on leave in a week or so. :cry: At least that gives me something to look forward to! (I suppose seeing family and whatnot is good also ;) ).

Yumi was very tempting in trying to get me to pick up a BL kit instead, what with her bolding of only 150pcs and all but self control won for once. Guess I'll just have to hide in EOJ's closet to catch a glimpse of it now.

EOJ

According the 2Ch spec/info sheet (which can be seen in message 7 here:
http://game13.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/gamestg/1198840508/) there are two hitboxes for the game: the Original mode hitbox is 4x4 pixels, while the Maniac hitbox is 4x2. Some have speculated the Ultra hitbox is 2x2, but after playing that mode a lot, personally I feel it is the same as maniac mode.

Did the original mushi have different hitboxes for for Reco in Original and Maniac? I seem to remember that, but I think actually it was the bullet sprites that had different hitboxes in those modes.
My score archive

Plasmo

They feel exactly the same in the original Mushi, however i do know that there has to be a smaller hitbox in Arrange mode.

GaijinPunch

QuoteThey feel exactly the same in the original Mushi,

Impossible to tell w/ any degree of accuracy.  There's not enough slowdown (or bullets for that matter) to do any serious scraping in Original.

EOJ

Looks like ver 1.5 kits are just about sold out. In this auction, by Fujita, they claim that they won't have any more new kits after this:

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/105838005

So if you're looking for a new kit, you should buy one soon.
My score archive

Shalashaska

Thanks for the heads up, glad I bought mine as this game is really fun. :righton:

OT: Any idea how many MMP kits are left as this will probably be the next kit I pick up?

EOJ

You can still get new MMP kits, not sure when they'll run out, but they're still in the $1200 range w/ poster. Used ones have been auctioning for 70K-100K yen, depending on what is included, condition (and some luck), so that's a cheaper alternative.
My score archive

Geezer

QuoteLooks like ver 1.5 kits are just about sold out. In this auction, by Fujita, they claim that they won't have any more new kits after this:

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/105838005

So if you're looking for a new kit, you should buy one soon.
Just when I decided to buy Futari 1.5 instead of IBL :x
I've just emailed Fujita, hopefully they still have some of the 105K bundles left and I also hope they work on Saturdays :|

EOJ

They probably have kits left, I wouldn't worry. It's still new year's holiday in Japan, so don't expect a response until sometime next week.
My score archive

Geezer

I got a reply-They've still got some thankfully, I'm just hammering out the final details of the deal.
They're also much cheaper than ECL/Legend 8)

EOJ

I'm a bit curious: how many of you have a Futari 1.0 board? Anyone with a 1.0 and without a 1.5?
My score archive

EOJ

Great vid of Abnormal Reco in Ultra mode (stage 5 from beginning until the end of the boss fight):

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1618271

The guy nearly beats Rasa 1 on 1 credit (extends at every 80mil though, so not a real 1CC in any case). His comments that scroll across the screen are pretty funny if you can read Japanese. Definitely worth a watch.

Here are the other stage vids from this run:

Stages 1 & 2 (No miss!):
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1303640

Stage 3:
Can't find this one yet.

Stage 4:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1617831
My score archive

Shalashaska

Umm...for those of us that can't read a lick of Japanese, how do we download these videos and/or can somebody rapidshare them? :oops:

EOJ

Oops. Forgot about that. Anyway you have to register on this page:

https://secure.nicovideo.jp/secure/register

Here is a translation of each part of the form from top to bottom:

Email address
Nickname
Sex (left is MALE right is FEMALE)
Birthday (Year, Month, Day)
Your Prefecture (CHOOSE THE LAST OPTION - this is for foreigners)
Password
Password confirm
Secret Question (make up any question)
Secret Question answer (answer to the question you made up)
There are two options below, choose the SECOND ONE for a free account

Click the register button on the bottom.

If successful, then click on those links I gave you again and you should get the video to play on your screen (youtube style).
My score archive

gcjae

The Postman tried to deliver my 1.5 kit today. I was out at work  :cry:  

I'll have to collect it from the depo tomorrow, it's fair to say that I am very excited...

Shalashaska

You should be, it's a fantastic game (though I'm not sure whether I should have splurged a little more and picked up BL). Let us know what you think of it though!

Geezer

Mine arrived from Fujita today :D
I've only played 3 credits so far, 2 original and one maniac, I'm looking forward to more :)

professor ganson

How do you like it so far, Geezer?

Does anyone know the best place to see some screen shots?

EOJ

Geezer is selling his Futari kit, he apparently did not care for the game.  :whyioughtta:
But he is definitely in the minority.  :righton:

If you want to see the game, professor ganson, just type the title into youtube. Lots of videos of it there.
My score archive

RGC

QuoteGeezer is selling his Futari kit, he apparently did not care for the game.  :whyioughtta:
But he is definitely in the minority.  :righton:

Seriously? :shock:  Quite intrigued by this, since Futari's still no.1 my most want to play list. What didn't he like?

EOJ

He didn't like the scoring systems apparently. He also didn't like the first Mushi, so I guess
the art style and so forth isn't his cup of tea (??).
My score archive

Budloc

I sold my Futari Kit too, but now i miss it, i guess i'll re-buy it very soon ... this game is truly amazing !

gcjae

I've had mine a couple of weeks now and I'm absolutely loving it...

professor ganson

Damn, the films on youtube were incredible. :shock:

Sycada

I'm dying to play Futari! or any game that came out after Ibara for that matter but Futari more than any. I guess I should just bite it and buy the pcb sooner rather than later, sounds like the supply is thinning out

professor ganson

Quotesounds like the supply is thinning out

Arghh!  I hope that's not so.  That'd be sad if it became even more inaccessible.

EOJ

The new kits are pretty much sold out everywhere, and used PCBs + artwork are selling for 94,000 yen on YAJ, which is an increase from a few months ago.
The last two PCBs have sold for this price - one last week.
My score archive

Budloc

I just bought one kit from Fujita, Yumi told me that they're running low on supply.

I guess it's time to buy it if you want the kit.

hermosaguy

QuoteI just bought one kit from Fujita, Yumi told me that they're running low on supply.

I guess it's time to buy it if you want the kit.

With Yumi, they are always running low on everything, all the time. :)