Cave-stg.com photograph competition - Rules & Discussion thread

Started by EOJ, November 21, 2010, 09:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phrenzee

I really wanted to try doing some lightpainting using my phone and the Penki app, but it just didn't work out. Check out my best attempt below...  Instead I put the old Lens Baby on my camera and ended up with a fairly decent photo. While not quite as sharp as I would have liked, I really like the pattern and colors as well as the lovely warping provided by the lens.

exersia

Just posted a DDP DFK screenshot...Kinda psychedelic actually!

As everyone will notice, theres an effect on the pic. The effect is built into my iTouch 4th gen camera. Just for proof, I'll provide a link to the app installed.
http://itunes.apple.com/app/imagicam/id390530940

I'm liking everyone's photos so far. :righton:

antares

Dude

emphatic

charlienash87

Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

Dave_K.

Thanks guys.  I have some omake pics I'll share after the judging is over.

EOJ

Winner has been announced:

http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=757

A bit earlier than planned. Congrats to the winner, and thanks to all who participated!  :righton:
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Medal

moozooh

Cool! That was my second favorite pic (#1 was Dave K.'s and #3 was dorakyura?s). Congratulations, Monouchi!
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

Monouchi

Wow, thanks.
Im really surprised that I won.
When I saw Daves pic I was sure I lost against that insane bullet pattern, and he managed to take that pic playing on PCB as well.

My favourite pic in the competition is dorakyura?s cos it looks like a painting.

...I also took 158 pictures with my camera before I found one picture that I was satisfied with.

emphatic

Congrats man. Yours was my second choice, but only as there's nobody sitting at the cabinet.  :laugh:

TheSoundofRed

Congrats to Monouchi for winning! There were so many good entries, it was def a good competition.

Also, thanks EOJ for the shout out, although I'm not sure my entry deserved it  :-[. Glad you liked it nonetheless!

Dave_K.

Congrats Monouchi!  You set the bar very high with that pic.  I was originally going to post just a close up of a PS final boss bullet spread, but then decided at the last minute I had to incorporate more of the cab and artwork to even get to your level.  ;)  I have a lot of extra pics as well, and will post some runner-up's later this week.

Great review on all the other pics, they were all fantastic!

Monouchi

Great idea Dave.
Here are a few of mine that didnt make it:

dorakyura

Wow, I'm flattered to see my humble submission getting a vote ? cheers emphatic! And of course thanks to all the mods for running this competition. Congrats Monouchi!

What's next? A custom stick competition? I feel I know who might win that one ... ;-)

emphatic

As a moderator I couldn't compete, but here's a picture I took for laughs.

I made a fake titlescreen in Photoshop and displayed it in the 360's Picture viewer. So the photo itself is real, just added a bit sharpness as the camera sucks.

ave

Congrats Monouchi! Your picture was also my favourite - at least until Dave_K entered the competition, then I thought there had to be two winners.
The composition in your photo (poster, cab, bullet pattern) is very well-chosen, but I am too weak not to fall for Pink Sweets' stunningly colorful final pattern and the slightly illuminated art beneath it finally convinced me. Still I'm flattered that I actually got a vote, cheers for that  =D
東亜プラン4ライフ

Hive

dorakyura?s was by far my favorite.
I could see that being a cover for a SHMUP album!  :lol:
Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

dorakyura

Quote from: Hive on January 05, 2011, 01:01:39 AM
dorakyura?s was by far my favorite.
I could see that being a cover for a SHMUP album!  :lol:

*blushes* ありがとうございます!_|?|o

Dave_K.

Quote from: emphatic on January 04, 2011, 05:55:59 AM
As a moderator I couldn't compete, but here's a picture I took for laughs.

Wow, looks amazing, considering all the artwork in that pic is faux.  ;)

Here were my two runner ups.

emphatic

Quote from: Dave_K. on January 06, 2011, 01:24:50 AM
Wow, looks amazing, considering all the artwork in that pic is faux.  ;)

Thanks, even the panel overlay is a reproduction.  :laugh: