Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label [JP X360, February 3rd, 2011]

Started by GaijinPunch, November 26, 2010, 04:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaijinPunch

2 Versions of DFK BL

1: DLC (normal mode + novice mode)
2: Package version (normal mode + novice mode + arrange mode)

let's just say I think Pang will like Arrange Mode.
http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2010/11/post-9136.html

---
UPDATE:

-DLC version requires DFK 1.5 X360 to play, and costs 1200MS points. Includes X360 and Novice modes
-Retail version is 4800 yen (+tax), and includes an extra Arrange version based on Ketsui not in the DLC version
-Retail version is a full package release, and does not require DFK 1.5 X360 to play.
-Release date is Feb 3rd for both versions.

Official site:
http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/daifukkatu/black/

EOJ

Best news ever. Package release is only 4800 yen, and the Ketsui arrange mode is the coolest thing I've ever seen.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

HVL

Super!! Yes, fuck yes.

Definitely getting the retail.

brentsg

Did they give a date for DFK BL?

They are obviously tapping the 360's extra power.  Slowdown on that arrange is way less than the PCB.

I'm stoked.  DFK BL is amazing and deserves a full package release.

EOJ

I'll probably buy both, as they will be released on the same day (Feb 3rd), and the retail version won't arrive here until a couple days after release.

My score archive

njiska

OH MY FUCKING GOD! They even copied the Ketsui artwork. Mere words can not describe how cool that was!
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

brentsg

This treatment for DFK BL somehow gives me hope that we'll see Ibara Kuro.

fuse

The DFK/Ketsui mashup art is messing with my head :laugh:

Will probably go retail - will be interesting to see how they implement this though. If it's done like other disk-based DLC packages you could potentially pass the disk around your mates for them to install. Not great when you are already looking at limited sales numbers.

sh00g

emphatic

What can I say.  :o Jeans have officially been creamed for sure. 10-chips for Christ's sake!

antares

Great news! I wonder if the DFK BL disc will be playable without owning DFK?

Hopefully the retail version sells a lot and they decide to release Guwange (with fixed 4:3 support) and Feveron on one disc too :)

dorakyura

Wow. There is absolutely no reason to not buy the retail =D

Quote from: fuse on November 26, 2010, 05:48:49 AM
will be interesting to see how they implement this though. If it's done like other disk-based DLC packages you could potentially pass the disk around your mates for them to install.

I'd guess that it's stand-alone ? technically there's nothing preventing them from doing it that way.

Sapz

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit that game is the coolest goddamn thing I have ever seen. @_@ Getting retail for sure, this looks absolutely godly.

charlienash87

such awesomeness is unparalleled, my god :o
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

SuperPang

skykid

Quote from: antares on November 26, 2010, 06:19:19 AM

I think it's been confirmed you need the original disc to play the retail ketsupachi.

10 point chips - my head is coming off rite now.  :lol:
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

HVL

Confirmed by who? Elixir's confirmation from shmups doesn't count as a reliable source.

IIRC the official site said DFK360 is needed under the DLC version (that was clear from the beginning), but not under the package version.

I might be wrong since I just skimmed over the site because I'm at work. :laugh:

Quote from: skykid on November 26, 2010, 07:20:24 AM
Quote from: antares on November 26, 2010, 06:19:19 AM

I think it's been confirmed you need the original disc to play the retail ketsupachi.

10 point chips - my head is coming off rite now.  :lol:

skykid

Quote from: HVL on November 26, 2010, 07:39:25 AM
Confirmed by who? Elixir's confirmation from shmups doesn't count as a reliable source.

Yes, (looking back) it was the evil one who flagged that info, so I guess the jury's out. Is the package release at 5040Y the same price as the regular edition?

If so then perhaps you don't need the original DFK to run it.

How would the package arrange verify if you had the original anyway, by checking save profiles?

njiska

Quote from: skykid on November 26, 2010, 07:51:36 AM

Yes, (looking back) it was the evil one who flagged that info, so I guess the jury's out. Is the package release at 5040Y the same price as the regular edition?

How would the package arrange verify if you had the original anyway, by checking save profiles?

That's how we did things back in the olden days. Realistically it's the only way to do it aside form making the disc a glorified DLC installer. Given the cheap price I doubt that it will be able to run by itself.

CIB

skykid

Quote from: njiska on November 26, 2010, 07:59:13 AM
Quote from: skykid on November 26, 2010, 07:51:36 AM

That's how we did things back in the olden days. Realistically it's the only way to do it aside form making the disc a glorified DLC installer. Given the cheap price I doubt that it will be able to run by itself.

Hmm, I thought the regular 1.5 wasn't too much more expensive than 5040?.

The thing is, if a save file is all you need as verificaton wouldn't it be mighty easy to share the disc around?

njiska

Quote from: skykid on November 26, 2010, 08:03:05 AM
Hmm, I thought the regular 1.5 wasn't too much more expensive than 5040?.

The thing is, if a save file is all you need as verificaton wouldn't it be mighty easy to share the disc around?

?7,140 is the reference price.

I agree that the save thing is a bit of a cop out, but there's really no other options unless the game comes with some sort of license code to boot.

lillin

So i come home after a shitty day at uni.
I proceed to check cave-stg.com.
-Hey look that artwork is like ketsui
*starts watching trailer*
- At 1:20, hey look ketsui style music.
At this point i was like no, this couldnt be true...... and then BAAAAM CHIPS FILL THE SCREEN. Sooo awesome :righton:

ArcadeSTG

Quote from: njiska on November 26, 2010, 05:24:51 AM
OH MY FUCKING GOD! They even copied the Ketsui artwork. Mere words can not describe how cool that was!

They have to release a poster of that artwork!

HVL

Finally watched the vids. CAVE's answer to 5pb's Ketsui X Mode? Ketsui suru ga yoi! :laugh:

I rechecked the site and there's no word mentioning the package version requires the original DFK. It explicitly states the DLC requires it, and that the Arrange Mode isn't included in the DLC.

Monouchi

Definitly Retail + DLC.  :righton:

I got so stoked so I made a new DFK Marquee and Instr strip for my Egret II

EOJ

Elixir's confirmation from shmups

:facepalm:
That guy is a complete moron.

The retail version of DFK BL does not require the original DFK 1.5. It's a standalone disc release. How do I know this? Because I can read Japanese. On Cave's DFK BL X360 page they state that only the DLC DFK BL requires DFK 1.5 and the original DFK 1.5 is not included in the DFK BL package release.
My score archive

hipgnosis

Thank you EOJ for the clarification. This makes sense.

dan76

Wow, not much else to say really except... wow again.

It's great that it getting a retail release - ketsupachi... who'd a thunk it, more than you could hope for really.  

Roll on february... wow...
XBL gamertag: durango76uk
www.1ccgames.com