Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label [JP X360, February 3rd, 2011]

Started by GaijinPunch, November 26, 2010, 04:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRI

a zatsuza clear is already at the leaderboards.
but no replay upload.  :'(

EOJ

I've played a bit of each style, and it's alright. Hasn't really hooked me yet. Bomb style is probably my favorite so far. Rank is pretty harsh in any mode.

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

I'm warming up to it after a bunch of credits. Definitely like it better than ver 1.5, and the challenge level is perfect with autobomb OFF. Really feels like a Yagawa game (which is nice). I also really like all the little graphic/color changes. Stage 3 looks so much better now.

My score archive

supergrafx

Awesome, this is what I've been waiting to hear from someone. Listed 1.5 I have on ebay goes down tonight. Now I don't feel dumb about selling. Didn't like autobomb and glad BL is the better game, I'm pretty sure I'm going to agree with you once retail copy comes...

EOJ

I think I like Ver 1.5's Arrange A better than BL, so I wouldn't want to sell my Ver 1.5 disc. But it's pretty close there.

My score archive

Dude

Bl def feels tighter and no auto bomb is nice. The arrange mode though just does not do it for me. Whilst its nice to hear the music again and see the scoring system it just seems fake. Maybe this is a test bed for a sequel ?

brentsg

Quote from: EOJ on February 03, 2011, 05:34:48 PM
I'm warming up to it after a bunch of credits. Definitely like it better than ver 1.5, and the challenge level is perfect with autobomb OFF. Really feels like a Yagawa game (which is nice). I also really like all the little graphic/color changes. Stage 3 looks so much better now.

AND THE MUSIC !

EOJ

Oh yeah, the music is definitely better. It's nice that I can listen to it in the other modes on the DFK 1.5 disc too.  :righton:
My score archive

EOJ

This game is kicking my ass. I haven't even reached Stage 5 on a credit yet. Good old' Yagawa, gotta love him.

Right now I'm enjoying C-Bomb the most, so maybe I'll stick with that for scoring. The bomb style difficulty feels a lot like Futari 1.5 Maniac to me.
My score archive

Dude

Excuse my ignorance for Bl. I get holding shot and laser builds the red gauge?

What is the choice you make when you pick your ship?

EOJ

Quote from: Dude on February 03, 2011, 09:35:47 PM
Excuse my ignorance for Bl. I get holding shot and laser builds the red gauge?

Yep. Only hold one button to let the rank drop again.

What is the choice you make when you pick your ship?

Autobomb on or off. If you put it on, you can't use your bomb stock as hypers.
My score archive

Tain

Man, Play-Asia has been taking all day to send my MS Points card code. I thought it was automated!

I'm pretty excited to play this.

Sapz

I'm really enjoying this. Playing as A-Bomb so far, finally made it to stage 5 on a credit with 1401 oku. :righton: Stage 4 is a monster for score.

I'm curious, though - has anyone figured out how to get the Ura midbosses to spawn consistently in this? The conditions seem different to 1.5. I've never managed it with A-Bomb until 1-3, but got them on my first try with A-Power in 1-1. Very confusing. I wonder if the rank bar has something to do with it?

EOJ

I think they're in Power style from the start, but I haven't been able to get them in Bomb or Strong until Stage 3.
My score archive

brentsg

Are you guys working to manage the rank, or are you finding it difficult to avoid letting it rip?

EOJ

I play mainly at max rank, though I let it dip in some parts for survival. Your hyper meter raises a lot faster when you're in the red zone, so if you want more hypers/bombs you sorta have to play at a high rank. It's a harsh game when played like this. Bosses are also a lot tougher even at the lowest rank.

Reminds me a bit of Ibara Kuro I guess.
My score archive

brentsg

Yeah I think it's pretty interesting how DFK got Yagwaized.  It's a different experience for sure.

Hypers on boss fights are fun too.   :laugh:

Sapz

I've been trying to keep the rank as high as possible at all times; it's a lot riskier, but the payoff is huge, especially against things like the huge stage 4 ships. From what I can tell, the hits multiplier from 1.5 is still in effect, but constantly rather than when you have a full hyper bar, so the extra hits you get from bullet-cancel enemies at maxed rank really add up. Lots of extra stars to nab, too. I die pretty often like this, but it doesn't seem to hurt your chain that much unless you're in a hyper, in which case it breaks (I think).

EOJ: Ah, thanks, interesting. I've been watching some more replays, no-one seems to get Ura midbosses before 1-3 with Bomb or Strong. I guess that's probably just how it is, then... seems like a bit of a bizarre thing to do, though.

drunkninja

Okay, got the game, one thing though: how exactly do hypers work in this game?  It's obvious they don't work like in 1.5, but it seems way more difficult to use them to add to your chain.

Monouchi

Yep, love BL.
Music is awesome and the difficulty level...

...1.51 is a walk in the park compared to this.

Shalashaska

Quote from: drunkninja on February 04, 2011, 03:03:48 AM
Okay, got the game, one thing though: how exactly do hypers work in this game?  It's obvious they don't work like in 1.5, but it seems way more difficult to use them to add to your chain.
Bullets that you cancel with your hyper don't add to your chain like in 1.5. It builds by canceling bullets by grabbing a bee when it is yellow or white, by killing certain enemies that cancel the bullets they fire, and by simply killing enemies.

CIB

for the first ura boss, you need to destroy the barrels before they are hit by the tank (like in 1.5)
There's also something to do with the red bar (I know I get the ura boss when it's full before destroying the third tank. but I can't tell precisely when it needs to be full)
As for the second ura-boss, get all bees (which means get the ura boss too) in stage one, do not loose a life and tada. I don't think there's something to do with the red bar for the second one.

lillin

Playing B-bomb atm
I got the first 2 ura midbosses once, and im pretty sure i had the reddo guage at max. So maybe its destroying the tanks+max reddo

Sapz

I gave up on seeing them with A-Bomb for now, ended up just getting frustrated. :whyioughtta:

The retail version arrived today. The Ketsui arrange seems like a lot of fun, essentially like BL + Ketsui's shotgun mechanic... but I haven't actually put more than a few credits into it because regular BL is so damn addictive. :laugh: Same thing happened to me with 1.5 and Arrange A.

Up to 1477 oku now, haven't cleared the laser wheels yet. They're pretty nasty, I ended up running out of hypers.

dorakyura

Quote from: Tain on February 03, 2011, 10:26:17 PM
Man, Play-Asia has been taking all day to send my MS Points card code. I thought it was automated!

Have you got the code by now? It's been almost a day now since I ordered, order status is still "Order received". I already issued a complaint (two hours after ordering) but got no reply to that either.

Seems PA is definitely not the place to get MS Points ...

Thjodbjorn

I changed my order to the 3500 point card, since they didn't send the 1400 point card (it says there's a lead time on that one), and I got it seriously within a minute.

I was up extra late last night, as a result. So much fun, even if I'm more terrible at this version than 1.5!

brentsg

Quote from: Thjodbjorn on February 04, 2011, 10:53:19 AM
I changed my order to the 3500 point card, since they didn't send the 1400 point card (it says there's a lead time on that one), and I got it seriously within a minute.

I was up extra late last night, as a result. So much fun, even if I'm more terrible at this version than 1.5!

They are simply sucking.  I ordered my 3500 point card before you changed your order.  I still have not received it, nor have they responded to my inquiry.

SuperPang

Last time I ordered one there was a link after checkout and it was right there on the site.

Killer French Bread

It's the Chinese New Year Holiday, so Play Asia probably isn't open today.

brentsg

Quote from: SuperPang on February 04, 2011, 01:26:15 PM
Last time I ordered one there was a link after checkout and it was right there on the site.

Yeah it's definitely not there.