Started by GaijinPunch, November 26, 2010, 04:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

You know what, watching SIN's 4.7 trillion BL Arrange replay made me want to never touch that mode again. It's Ver 1.51 all over again. In the first 5 stages he doesn't score as well as at least one other replay I've seen, but he gets well over 3 trillion on Doom by doing very little. Broken game. If you feel like playing Ketsui, just play Ketsui. Don't bother with this.
My score archive

HVL

It's such a shame fine game modes are rendered basically unplayable by broken scoring. If you get over 50% of your score from the last boss, there's something really wrong with the system.

drunkninja

So I watched that replay....I don't really get what's going on at the Doom fight.  How is he getting so many points from the gold stars he collects at that point?   There were more bullets and a higher hit count at other points in the game that he appeared to do the same kind of trick on, but there's obviously some variable I'm missing that leads to such a massive point gain.

Personally, this doesn't really detract me from wanting to play this mode though, but then again, I'm not a super high-level player either, I'm lucky if I no miss through Stage 3 honestly :-[

EOJ

His hit count doesn't really matter, the + value is well over a billion during the fight, which is why he scores so much when collecting the stars. See this picture:

My score archive

drunkninja

And what is it that determines the + value?  Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I couldn't find any specific detail about it anywhere.

EOJ

I don't really know how it gets so high on Doom in Arrange. In Black Label, in the stages it goes up whenever you destroy enemies with a red gauge or cancel bullets in hyper mode, and the higher your hit count, the more the enemies add to the + value. Bigger enemies add more to the + value than smaller ones do. The +value is added to the value of the stars, and the hit count acts as a further multiplier (this is how it seems to me, anyway).

My score archive

EOJ

I recently started playing bl strong style seriously and I'm totally hooked. Improving in this mode is so satisfying. It's gotten me back into playing for score. God bless Yagawa.
My score archive

TimingTripod40

BL Strong looks amazing. Probably gonna give that a shot once I get something decent out of Espgaluda 2.

EOJ

You should be able to do well in it. Difficulty is on par with futari bl god mode, maybe a tad harder.
My score archive

EOJ

I'm really enjoying the Ketsui arrange mode now. I know I discounted it earlier due to the "broken" Doom scoring (not really broken but imbalanced), but the core game is a lot of fun once you get into it, and it's a good challenge too (I haven't 1CC'd it, but I've started working on that over the past couple days). There's still a lot of room to improve on SIN's current record, as his score up until Doom is unexceptional. 5+bil is definitely possible, probably more like 5.5 or 6bil could be done by a top player if they really spent time with the game.
My score archive

A47A47

Rumor

Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label (Cave Selection) may be released on April 26 for 2,604 JPY.
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label Double Pack may be released on April 26 for 3,980 JPY.

Source of this rumor: Rakuten
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/auc-mediaworld/013000000796/
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/auc-mediaworld/013000000797/

At present, there's no official announce by CAVE.

cstarflare

Don't suppose the page says what the double pack would be? Guessing it's DFK 1.5 + the full BL package but would be interesting if there was more.

EOJ

It would be awesome if the double pack had every mode in 1.5 and BL on one disc. Also, BL is getting a "Cave selection" release instead of a "platinum hits". I wonder why.
My score archive

moozooh

<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

EOJ

Something new. Maybe it's to re-release games at budget price that don't sell enough to meet MS's Platinum Hits requirement? Another company just re-released their dungeon RPG in a budget priced version called "DRPG selection":

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%86%86%E5%8D%93%E3%81%AE%E7%94%9F%E5%BE%92--Students-Round--DRPG-SELECTION/dp/B006W59MRO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331430230&sr=8-1

So maybe you can make up whatever "selection" you want and re-release the game that way.
My score archive

A47A47

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2012/03/post-12f8.html

Asada intends to reduce the price of DDP DFK BL(DLC of DDP DFK) from 1200MSP(JP marketplace) to 600MSP for a limited time before April 26.

AweOfShe

Quote from: A47A47 on March 10, 2012, 05:31:04 AM
Rumor

Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label (Cave Selection) may be released on April 26 for 2,604 JPY.
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label Double Pack may be released on April 26 for 3,980 JPY.

Source of this rumor: Rakuten
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/auc-mediaworld/013000000796/
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/auc-mediaworld/013000000797/

At present, there's no official announce by CAVE.

Looks like Play Asia has them both up for pre-order:
http://www.play-asia.com/Do_Don_Pachi_Resurrection_Black_Label_Cave_Selection/paOS-13-49-en-70-4lcp.html
http://www.play-asia.com/Do_Don_Pachi_Resurrection_Double_Pack/paOS-13-71-br-49-en-70-4lcr.html

I have the DDP Resurrection Platinum Hits shipping my way atm, so I guess I only need to preorder the Black Label Cave Selection?
XBox Live - AweOfShe1

moozooh

Quote from: AweOfShe on March 12, 2012, 11:57:49 AMI have the DDP Resurrection Platinum Hits shipping my way atm, so I guess I only need to preorder the Black Label Cave Selection?

You mean the double pack. BL Cave Selection, by definition, only has BL (+ Arrange, most likely) on it, while the Platinum has neither BL nor BL Arrange. We have no confirmation yet as to what modes are on these discs.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

AweOfShe

Oh, okay. I'm pretty newbish and late to the party with these games, so when I see all these different titles, I don't really know what has what (Between 1.5, Black Label, and Resurrection).  :-[
XBox Live - AweOfShe1

EOJ

DFK BL DLC on sale for just 400 MS points this week:

http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=1936

Great time to get it. Even if you have the disc version, the DLC ver is a good deal for $5 as you get access to different leaderboards with different replays.
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

AweOfShe

Eww, I was expecting something less like a PS3 Best cover, and something non-imposing like a Platinum Collection cover.
I actually really like Platinum Collection releases because of that, on top of having a nice, grey case.  :lol:

Guess I'll pay for a regular release one.  :whyioughtta:
XBox Live - AweOfShe1

sh00g

Orochi S

That cover design is truly awful - so tacky. Who designed that?!? :mad: Goldarnit

Let_It_Be

You'd think they would try to do a tasteful label so it doesn't look like someone put an ugly yellow sticker on it.

EOJ

We don't have a thread for the Steam version yet, but the hit counts you can get from the lasers are too high. For example, with B-Power you can get over 6000 hits on the first laser turret in stage 4, but in the arcade (and x360) versions it is very difficult to get over 5000 (WR-level players get around 4900-5200 on a really good run).

I have also read the x360 version laser hits can go a bit higher than the original PCB, which might be one reason why A-Bomb scores are much higher on the port than the PCB.  I have also found that with Strong style, it is easier to get to 10,000 hits off the lasers from the tanks in the beginning of stage 1, compared to the PCB where it is very difficult.
My score archive

EOJ

Following up on this, here's a video of the Steam version showing A-Power getting over 8000 hits in the first part of Stage 5 (up to the last laser turret) - on the PCB the most you can get at the same point is about 5500 (optimally):

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30179302

This is all due to the lasers adding far more hits than they should. So yeah, the Steam version definitely cannot be used for score comparisons with the PCB or X360 versions. I will have to investigate whether or not this also occurs in the DFK 1.5 Steam port.
My score archive

TimingTripod40

I'd be interested if you could run any comparisons between 360 and PCB. Comparing the scores already seems out of the question due to the 360 not having the disappearing ship bug, but it would still be interesting to know how bad the laser hit discrepancies are there.

EOJ

For Bomb and Strong styles it is possible to score significantly higher on the X360 port than the PCB. I do not know for sure why it is the case with Bomb style, but with Strong style it is mainly due to the lack of the sprite overloads. There are significant slowdown differences in Strong style as well (more significant than in the other styles) - on the port there are many spots with extra slowdown, and most of the slowdown itself is also slower and with transitions in/out of markedly longer duration (however there are also a few spots of MISSING important slowdown in the port, for example on the St1 boss). This, of course, makes many of the trickier parts easier in the port. I will make a full a write-up of these differences soon and post it in my SH3 port/pcb comparison thread.

Power style is the interesting outlier here. It does not seem to suffer the fate of Bomb/Strong on the X360 port. I have not seen any higher scores on the port compared to the PCB. If anything, it may be a bit harder to score as well on the port compared to the PCB. I have been playing the two back to back most days for the past several weeks (X360 to practice, PCB for full runs). For Power style, although there are noticeable differences, they are relatively minor, and so far if I can do one thing on the port, I can also do it on the PCB (with the same scoring) without any great difference in difficulty.
My score archive