Main Menu

Your 2011 New Year's Resolution

Started by brentsg, January 01, 2011, 10:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brentsg

I'm going to stop arguing with idiots on the Internet.

cstarflare

charlienash87

Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

lmagus

Danza

Quote from: cstarflare on January 01, 2011, 10:28:45 AM
never drink again

This. Also, stop smoking cigarettes (I'll still have the occasional, luxurious pipe though). I want to finish doing my course instead of bumming around playing video games all the time. Move overseas by August. And really, I want to get healthier generally.

That is about it.

GaijinPunch

Quote from: brentsg on January 01, 2011, 10:02:45 AM
I'm going to stop arguing with idiots on the Internet.

I'm going to laugh at people that come up with resolutions they can't follow through on.

This. Also, stop smoking cigarettes (I'll still have the occasional, luxurious pipe though). [snip] And really, I want to get healthier generally.

Do what I did:
1: start working out regularly (45-60 minutes per day is a good start, with something cardio...doesn't have to be running).
2: Start reading Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking
3: Stop smoking

You'll realize somewhere in there your exercise output is inversely proportionate to your smoking (duh) but you really feel the effects quickly.  It is a nice motivator.  That and not smelling like completely and total shit all the fucking time. I smoked about a pack and a half a day in the most smoker-friendly city, too.  So, good luck!

brentsg

Not smoking is an awesome goal.  I wish there was some way to validate this, as we could replace cool photo contests with stop smoking contests.   :righton:

GP, it surprises me that you smoked, with the whole vegetarian thing.  I guess they aren't related really...

GaijinPunch

Quote from: brentsg on January 07, 2011, 02:49:29 AM
GP, it surprises me that you smoked, with the whole vegetarian thing.  I guess they aren't related really...

I don't know if I can say I started smoking b/c of stress (I started in college) but by the time I wanted to quit, I was in pretty high stress jobs.  That, and it's so damn easy to do here.  It's a rough place to quit.  I was definitely not the poster boy of good health from ages 20 to 27.

Danza

Thanks for the advice, GP! I shall certainly do my best.

I've been an on and off smoker since I was probably 15 or 16. I've had breaks lasting up to 2 years, but then at the pub or some other social event someone will offer me and well, it goes from there. No more however! I am quite partial to the old pipe as well though, if I can get off the cigs, I think I will be able to enjoy a nice pipe of high quality English tobacco on a Saturday morning without any issues. But still, there isn't really much of a point. May as well just stop entirely.

I was a vego for a few years as well, heh. I ended up getting rather ill owing to ignoring my iron intake. But it is something I intend to pickup again, being more careful.

antares

I'll try to resist buying new videogames as long as I feel I haven't finished my old ones. Which of course is not possible because my backlog could easily fill the next ten years but I'll take the first step into this direction.

charlienash87

Quote from: antares on January 11, 2011, 09:56:03 AM
I'll try to resist buying new videogames as long as I feel I haven't finished my old ones. Which of course is not possible because my backlog could easily fill the next ten years but I'll take the first step into this direction.

I've already almost spent 2 grand  :-[
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

antares

Did you buy an Akai Katana Limited Ver kit or something in that price range?

brentsg

Quote from: antares on January 15, 2011, 04:08:21 PM
Did you buy an Akai Katana Limited Ver kit or something in that price range?

Then it would have been almost 3 grand.  :-)

charlienash87

preordered a pump it up fiesta EX kit with mk9 hardware. gotta start off with some new dance moves and groves this year
shinu ga yoi in Ibara