Monthly Competition #1 Espgaluda Tateha (March)

Started by jpj, February 25, 2008, 07:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddiebamboo

My new goal is to 1CC this bitch before Icarus and then post many insulting image macros at him ;)

GaijinPunch

Quote from: IcarusNext credit: no-miss to 5-1, start the stage with about 32mil,
Is that what you started stage 5-1 w/ on your current high score?
I generally start w/ 30 mil give or take...but it goes pear-shaped (Scorewise anyway) from there.

Icarus

Icarus - 50,238,420 - ALL - (PS2)

The best stage3 I've ever done in my life, and almost no-missing the whole of stage5-1 on 2/3 Overmode Level, sat in the middle of an average run which included:
 - a minor blip at the end of stage1 (mistimed kakuseiing Seseri's first form);
 - a mediocre stage2 (missing two key scoring points including the midboss);
 - a minor panic and resulting death at the start of stage4 (and losing about 2mil from the whole stage as a result);
 - and a near fumble, starting from the loss of one life on Seseri's last form with about a millimetre of health to go, culminating with the ALL Clear with one life left, no Gold and no Guard Barrier.

The entire credit is saved to memory card. Will record to AVI, soon.

I can do better. Looking for at least 55mil.

Quote from: "GaijinPunch"Is that what you started stage 5-1 w/ on your current high score?
I generally start w/ 30 mil give or take...but it goes pear-shaped (Scorewise anyway) from there.
On average, yes. At a push, I can get it up to around 35mil.
As for it going pear-shaped, it's not score but survival that troubles me from stage5-1 onwards. I can somehow manage an awesome stages 1 to 4, followed by retarded screwups all over the place on the last two stages.

Quote from: "freddiebamboo"My new goal is to 1CC this bitch before Icarus and then post many insulting image macros at him ;)

GaijinPunch

Yeah, I just did the same thing.  No miss up to stage 5.  One death, then got hit in kakusei mode.  Next thing you know, I have 200 gold and can't score for shit for the whole stage. :(

jpj

Icarus

Haven't been playing the past few days, but had some time for one quick credit inbetween work shifts today, and ALL Cleared the game again.

49.5mil.

Died once in stage3 milking the boss's second pattern, got the Overmode Level back up to max for the start of stage4, no-missed to then died twice on 5-1's Seseri, and twice again on the final boss. Cleared with six Life Frames, last life, half Barrier and virtually no Gold.

Will keep trying.

I take it everyone else has stopped playing, though.

jpj

Quote from: IcarusI take it everyone else has stopped playing, though.
i'm far behind you, but i'll still be playing this  :)

freddiebamboo

I'm still plodding along looking for the 1CC

RGC

I haven't yet beaten the lowest Ageha arcade score saved on my memory card. That's around 13mil :lol: :whyioughtta:

GaijinPunch

QuoteI take it everyone else has stopped playing, though.
Crunch time during the last week.  I'm playing MMP at the moment.

jpj

Quote from: GaijinPunchI'm playing MMP at the moment.
are you feeling alright...?

cannonball

cannonball - 13,833,420 - stage 4

I give up.

Harlequin

I cannot believe how useless i am with this game :rolleyes:

I Still have 2 weeks, i am going to cheat and download the 1-ALL Icarus
is going to post and see if that helps :righton:

I dont think it will but at least i will get to see Stage 3 :lol:

Harlequin

GaijinPunch

Quote from: jpj
Quote from: GaijinPunchI'm playing MMP at the moment.
are you feeling alright...?
It's not that hard to believe, is it?  I played Ibara and Ibara BL.

Icarus: How many golds do you have going into the final boss pattern?  It seems that either dying or the auto barrier being triggered on his first pattern is just a massive cock in the ass score wise.  Not that it's easy to core on him in the first place.  So few gems given.

Icarus

Quote from: GaijinPunchIcarus: How many golds do you have going into the final boss pattern?  It seems that either dying or the auto barrier being triggered on his first pattern is just a massive cock in the ass score wise.  Not that it's easy to core on him in the first place.  So few gems given.
Between zero and 200 Gold starting the last pattern.
Most of the time I'm lucky to even get to the final pattern. -_-;;

Most of my score comes from the run leading up to the start of the final boss - I'm around 42mil by the start of the battle, with only the minimal end game bonus gained (around 4mil). And that's after dying all over the place between the start of 5-1 and the start of the last battle. If I added up all my maximums from no-miss play and Simulation Mode practice, I'd be around 45-46mil before the last boss, but that is at a really big stretch.

I'd have to no-miss all the way to the last pattern to see 50mil before the ALL. Given the way I play, that's not likely.

Current maximums for reference:
3.91 / 8.0 / 14.0 / 9.3 / 6.7 / 8.3 (before ALL)

EDIT: New stage1 personal best, captured. Painfully close to 4mil. -_-;;

GaijinPunch

Wow... 8.3 on 5-2?  That's impressive.  I think the most I've got is about 5 mil.
Not sure where I'm bleeding points.  Stage 4 no doubt, I suck cock at.
Even if I no miss (or 1-miss) through 5-1, I start 5-2 with about ~30 mil, and then get
about 5 more on the stage... 1 if I'm lucky on the boss.

Icarus

Quote from: GaijinPunchWow... 8.3 on 5-2?  That's impressive.  I think the most I've got is about 5 mil.
That's at a push. I can consistently manage 6mil before the ALL, any higher depends on how many Gold I start 5-2 with, and whether or not I take some of the final boss forms for score.

Quote from: GaijinPunchNot sure where I'm bleeding points.  Stage 4 no doubt, I suck cock at.
Even if I no miss (or 1-miss) through 5-1, I start 5-2 with about ~30 mil, and then get
about 5 more on the stage... 1 if I'm lucky on the boss.
I know I'm definitely losing a lot of points from 5-1 and 5-2. 5-1 in particular is extremely hard, especially the second half with all the turrets. I almost have a pattern, but due to the amount of suicide bullets on screen it can be difficult to follow that pattern with any effectiveness. With 5-2 I have no confidence with two or three of the final boss patterns.

Been playing today between work shifts. Restart syndrome and massive failure aplenty. Improved stage2, which is now at 8.2mil, and can improve stage3 to near-15mil if I can cut out particular mistakes and time kills better. Also, no-miss-no-bombed the final pattern on an ALL run, but the second half of the credit itself was shockingly bad, and scraped to a 48.3mil ALL. -_-;;

My ALL scores are going in the wrong direction.

Icarus

Let's have a secondary challenge.
How irritatingly close to 4mil can you get in stage1?

For what is supposedly the easiest of the Cave games, this game seems intent on trying to screw me over every single step of the way.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT: Goddamnit.

Icarus - 53,601,210 - ALL - (PS2)

Started the last battle with five lives, ended with two. -_-;;
Still trying for 55mil.
Replay recorded.

EOJ

Deadline to submit scores is 11:59pm, March 31st, 2008, HAWAII time.

The Monthly Competition #2 thread has opened here:

http://www.cave-stg.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?id=149
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Harlequin

I've given up on this game, this is supposed to be Cave's easiet game too :rolleyes:

How crap am I :shock:

Harlequin

freddiebamboo

Sorry I haven't put up a better score in the last week or so, I've been addicted to Final Fantasy XII recently :oops:

Good scores all round this month (except for mine - I really should have got the 1CC)

MX7

Gah, I should have got the clear, but I have so much work to do. Still, it was fun.

GaijinPunch

Yeah, I got a bit busy these last few weeks.  Sad to see I couldn't give Icarus a run for his money.  My goal was 45 mil, but I literally haven't touched this in a couple of weeks.  Such a fun game too... I'm glad we played it.  Great excuse to pop it out!

Icarus

Quote from: GaijinPunchSad to see I couldn't give Icarus a run for his money.
I'm surprised you (or EOJ, MMM, jpj etc) didn't, to be honest. I'm admittedly average at Ikeda-styled Cave games (as noted by the fact that it took me until now to clear the game, 2yr break notwithstanding), and the only thing that gave me an edge here was the fact that Tateha was my favorite character out of the two, and I had experience playing as her.

I'm not done with this game yet, however.

I'll release the location of the replay dump folder and the 53.6mil replay at the end of the month (if I don't beat it by then).

GaijinPunch

While I totally welcome the thought of a month long tournament for a game (it gives someone like me at least a decent shot) I don't see myself playing one single game for the entire month.  I simply have too much on my "to play stack" and not enough time.  Considering I dropped quite a load on MMP days before the competition started, I felt a financial obligation to not ignore that.  Got kind of caught up in it, as well.  Fun stuff.  And on that note, I have flipped my big ass monitor back in it's Yoko position, and am playing a somewhat old, an also difficult game by Sega that I've always wanted to play: Crack Down.   Would love to clear it , but the last few stages are prison rape.

Icarus

Doubt anyone would be particularly interested, but I did say that at the end of the month I'd share the replays already uploaded. They're here:

http://bigcore.rsdio.com/icarus/espgaluda/

That's not the complete list, mind - there's a 4mil stage1 vid, a couple of bits from other stages, and the 53.6mil run to upload, and some clips and full-runs come in 240x320-60fps and 480x640-30fps flavours (as I was playing around with my capture and encoding settings for fun and testing purposes). The whole list is actually 4GB in size, but this is just a selection of stuff unloaded over the course of the month, everything else in my local archive is experimental and clippings and not really worth sharing.

Thanks to zakk, the generous benefactor (as always) for allowing me the use of his webhost for my stuff.

For those who can't/won't download big AVI files, there's a selection up on blurTube, located here:

http://youtube.com/view_play_list?p=1CF4E22DB15ADEAC

I'm still picking at this game, as compared to Ikeda's other frustrating efforts, this one is pretty good fun to pointsqueeze.

RGC

RGC

Love deadlines.

RGC - 23,118,920 5-2

This is a lot more fun than I remember it being with Ageha. Praps its because Tateha has such a tight box...fnar fnar!