Monthly Competition #1 Espgaluda Tateha (March)

Started by jpj, February 25, 2008, 07:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRI

Icarus

I must be destined to never All Clear this game. ;_;

Icarus - 43,833,600 - Stage 5-2 - (PS2)

No-miss to near the end of stage4, and lost one life cheaply. Got to the start of the final battle with five lives in reserve, and through inexperience with the patterns, lack of confidence, and general stupidity, proceeded to lose every single one of them. Eventually got caned by the final attack pattern.

Time to play stage5-2 in Simulation Mode for a few days.

New personal best. Not really a massive improvement, though.
At least I'm back within the 40mil mark. Replay recorded.

GaijinPunch

QuoteNo-miss to near the end of stage4, and lost one life cheaply. Got to the start of the final battle with five lives in reserve, and through inexperience with the patterns, lack of confidence,
That just hurts.  

I think I played my best stage 1-3 ever, followed by my worst 4 - 5-2 ever.

GaijinPunch - 35,894,840 - 5-2

GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch - 41,391,330 - ALL

I'd post a pic but I'm sure I'll beat this one soon.   I pissed away 3 lives in the gayest of places.

freddiebamboo

freddiebamboo - 33,543,070 - Stage 5-2

Wee improvement.  Nice scores people :shock:

GaijinPunch

I just 1-missed up to 5-2 but only had 28 million points.  Not sure how I fucked that up.

CRI

watched the superplay dvd today that came with the port and tryed some new tricks.
finaly beat my old 32 mil. ageha score.

CRI - 36,360,350 - ALL

nothing special but here my stage scores:

freddiebamboo

Wow, thats a massive score on 5-2 CRI, how many lives did you finish the game with?

freddiebamboo

freddiebamboo - 34,518,320 - 5-2

Died on the final attack of the boss with just a sliver of its health remaining.  Getting closer to the 1CC.

jpj

updated  :cool:

even mrs jpj is now addicted to this game   :righton:

MX7

Did a quick run and got a score of 4.791.860, my credit being put out of its misery on the stage 2 boss :p

Then I did another run and got 20.579.420, finally snuffing it on St5-2. Not sure how I got that high since I didn't even hit first extend until the very end of level 2 :shock:. With a bit of practice, maybe I won't finish last :laugh:

CRI

Quote from: freddiebambooWow, thats a massive score on 5-2 CRI, how many lives did you finish the game with?
thx!:)
my end bonus was 3 lifes, 6 life container, 0 gold & 0 shild. (end bonus 6 mil and 5,7 from the stage)
if i had done a suicide before i finished the boss the end bonus would be 6,6 mil. (full shild give you more end bonus than a life)

here are the bonus you get for finish the game:
1.000.000 for every remaining life (max 6mil)
500.000 per life container(max 3mil)
16.000 per % shild energie (max 1.6mil)
1.000 per gold (max 1mil)

jpj

Quote from: MX7got 20.579.420, finally snuffing it on St5-2
do you mind me adding this to the table?  :)

MX7

jpj

cool.  still hoping harlequin, RGC, and sycada throw a score up  :)

GaijinPunch

Quote from: CRIhere are the bonus you get for finish the game:
1.000.000 for every remaining life (max 6mil)
500.000 per life container(max 3mil)
16.000 per % shild energie (max 1.6mil)
1.000 per gold (max 1mil)
I need to do some math.  I think I got a 6.5ish end bonus when I cleared it w/ 3 hearts (which is 2 remains, right?)
3 mil for containers, 2 mil for lives.   I had like 100 or so gold, and 25% shield.  I should've died, but I don't think it makes that big of a difference.

EOJ

EOJ - 35,713,060 - ALL [Heart Container=2/6, Gold=0, Barrier=75%]
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Harlequin

Quote from: jpjcool.  still hoping harlequin, RGC, and sycada throw a score up  :)
Not going to happen yet :(

Played some more today, got nowhere.

I just cant seem to get the hang of these patterns.
If i cant break 10 million im not posting a score :D

Harlequin

MX7

Quote from: HarlequinNot going to happen yet :(

Played some more today, got nowhere.

I just cant seem to get the hang of these patterns.
If i cant break 10 million im not posting a score :D

Harlequin
Are you consistantly getting the extra life at the end of stage three? I remeber this was the biggest hurdle for me to cross. Before this I was consistantly getting about 10 million, and dying early stage 4 with Agega. However, I read the strats on Shmups, watched the superplays, and practiced my green gem collecting on stage three, even using up all my bombs to get that life. Within 2 or three weeks (and several hours of practice a day) my score had shot up from 10 to 25 million, and it was all because of getting that extra life, because it allowed me to hit the second extend at 14 million.

Of course the only real strat is to practice shit loads. With Ageha, there's a lot of room for improvisation, due to his high speed, but with Tateha, you've really got to have those patterns licked. Practice every day and you'll deffo have a score you can be proud of :D

CRI

Quote from: GaijinPunchI need to do some math.  I think I got a 6.5ish end bonus when I cleared it w/ 3 hearts (which is 2 remains, right?)
3 mil for containers, 2 mil for lives.   I had like 100 or so gold, and 25% shield.  I should've died, but I don't think it makes that big of a difference.
yeah your end bonus of 6,5 mil is right.

3 lives = 3 mil
6 containers =3 mil
100 gold = 100k
25% shild = 400k
total 6,5 mil

with a suicide before finishing the boss it would be 6,6 mil.

Harlequin

Quote from: MX7Within 2 or three weeks (and several hours of practice a day)
Quote from: MX7Of course the only real strat is to practice shit loads.
Are there is my problem :D

Harlequin

RGC

Hey, I thought we had til the end of March to post a score? :D I'll be pretty much learning this from scratch anyway, so I wouldn't expect anything like an ALL. Been too buried in ESP2 lately to start memorising a new game. You will get a score though.

Sycada

11,117,340 is what I managed to get after a few goes this week.
Sorry there's no pic but the score didn't seem high enough to warrant it. :laugh:
I think it was largely luck as I'm so focused on Futari in my gaming time (especially now that I found a decent superplay to get tips from) that switching shooters just does my head in. I doubt I'll manage much better to be honest but you never know ;)

jpj

nah, no worries guys  :)
which stage was that up to sycada?

Sycada

jpj

cheers dude  :)
you're not far off getting the second extend  :righton:

jpj

jpj - 32,409,010 - All

it seems impossible for me to reach stage 5-1 with no deaths.  i always choke on that stage 4 boss  :mad:
and died *twice* in 5-2 during the level itself, after having my gold counter at 1k  :whyioughtta:

Icarus

jpj

Icarus

Next credit: no-miss to 5-1, start the stage with about 32mil, start fumbling the run at the turrets. No ALL.
Frustration.
Time to take five, and have a cuppa.

EDIT: Can you downgrade my user rank back to "Credit Feeder", EOJ? I kinda like that one. ^_-