Main Menu

Quick Ibara question

Started by professor ganson, February 26, 2008, 01:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

professor ganson

I just made a deal that sends an Ibara PCB my way. :cool:  Will I have any use for the PS2 port now?  Are there extra features that make it worth holding on to?  And what's a fair price for a mint copy?  Thanks!

Geezer

If you don't like Arrange Mode you might as well get rid of the port.

EOJ

Yeah, if you like Arrange mode, you should keep it for that. Otherwise, toss it. You can sell it for at least $70 nowadays, I think they go for up to $80-90 on ebay actually, if the copy is mint.

Wise choice getting the PCB. Be prepared to be blown away at how good it is, and horrified at how bad the PS2 version is in comparison.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

professor ganson

Yeah, I can't wait!  It may be a while before it arrives and I have a monitor that synchs with Cave games, so I'll have to try to be patient.

cannonball

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?  I've been thinking about getting a board or full kit but wasn't sure what a good price was.  I thought I saw new kits going for $350 about 8 months ago, but can't find anything recent.

professor ganson

It was a trade, so no money was exchanged.  I'm thinking that a used board by itself is worth somewhere in the range of $215-235 usd.  I saw a used Ibara kit go for just over $350 on eBay last week.  I think the winner paid $7 more than I bid.

Sycada

Is it really different on pcb? I'd be prepared to believe it :D
I bought the Ps2 version on release and while I didn't hate it or anything, I wasn't all that thrilled by it.
A lot of the systems just seemed counter intuitive to me and I felt like I was being punished all the time, but then I wasn't the worlds biggest raizing fan either.... :whyioughtta:

GaijinPunch

Fujita had a new batch of kits not long ago for 20,000 yen each.  The flew out the door though, of course.

Sperrfeuer

Quote from: CRIhttp://triggerzone.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2441
?! That's the Kit i sold him max 2 weeks ago....looks like he's a big fan of it :laugh: